Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones (1049 Views)

The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam / Download ALL Android Phone Stock Rom/flashfile / 6 Best Android Phones Below N15,000 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
Hey Nairalanders

So we all have issues with our devices regardless of which type it is. Whether it is TECNO or other brands.
That being said, lets visit some of the easy DIY fixes that one can do for yourself at home.

1. Remove some unused apps, images from your phone if it hangs

So, every once in a while, our phones tend to start hanging or unresponsive to our commands. This most of the time is as a result of the phone's internal memory filling up.
A simple quick fix for this situation would be to remove those apps that we don't use often as they use up space that can be free otherwise. Similarly, we could either delete the photos and videos that are filling the memory

For the photos you could simply back them up for free in apps such as Google Photos which gives you an unlimited storage for your videos and photos.

2. Put your phone into Airplane Mode

Have you ever switched on your data or you switched on your Bluetooth and it didn't work? Well here's a simple fix for you, simply switch your phone to Bluetooth mode for a couple of seconds, preferably 30 seconds then switch it off and voila... Your phone will be as good as new .
Or, if the problem persists, just try setting up the Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth Network. Easy .... Right??

3. Syncing Error

Ever tried Syncing your accounts and you keep getting an error message? Accounts such as Dropbox or Google sometimes have this issue. To solve this, please try and have strong internet connection before retrying. If this doesn't work you can remove your account and then add it again to retry .

4. Update or Close the App to Reduce App Crashes

Ever had an app keep force closing, please check to see whether the app has an update pending and if so, please update it. If not please close the app from the multitask menu then retry to open it. If not you can always clear the app data to reset the app.

5. Restart your phone in case of an Unresponsive Screen

Ever had your phone simply hang in the midst of you using it... As frustrating as this might be, there is no need to tear out your hair . A simple restart of your device should be enough to fix the issue and have the phone working A-Okay again .

Anyway, these are just some of some simple fixes... What do you think? Do you have any more quick fixes? If yes, please comment below...
And please remember, you can always visit any of the numerous Carlcare Centers available for assistance if you run into any issues that you can't solve.
CHEERS.

Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Ennyholar: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2017
Informative
Make I book space
cc Lalasticlala
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Hakimrealest: 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Restating is first I do... Carlcare is never an option.
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
Really nice piece of information.

1 Like

Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Queentito(f): 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
Restarting my phone when the screen refuse to respond works everytime
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 6:35am On Oct 10, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
Really nice piece of information.
Thank you bro
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 6:36am On Oct 10, 2017
Queentito:
Restarting my phone when the screen refuse to respond works everytime

Yes
Thats the first and easiest thing to do
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by HarveyDeven: 7:02am On Oct 10, 2017
Great, basic tips, which every Android user should know!

1 Like

Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by sureinfo: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2017
Realboygenius:
Hey Nairalanders

So we all have issues with our devices regardless of which type it is. Whether it is TECNO or other brands.
That being said, lets visit some of the easy DIY fixes that one can do for yourself at home.

1. Remove some unused apps, images from your phone if it hangs

So, every once in a while, our phones tend to start hanging or unresponsive to our commands. This most of the time is as a result of the phone's internal memory filling up.
A simple quick fix for this situation would be to remove those apps that we don't use often as they use up space that can be free otherwise. Similarly, we could either delete the photos and videos that are filling the memory

For the photos you could simply back them up for free in apps such as Google Photos which gives you an unlimited storage for your videos and photos.

2. Put your phone into Airplane Mode

Have you ever switched on your data or you switched on your Bluetooth and it didn't work? Well here's a simple fix for you, simply switch your phone to Bluetooth mode for a couple of seconds, preferably 30 seconds then switch it off and voila... Your phone will be as good as new .
Or, if the problem persists, just try setting up the Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth Network. Easy .... Right??

3. Syncing Error

Ever tried Syncing your accounts and you keep getting an error message? Accounts such as Dropbox or Google sometimes have this issue. To solve this, please try and have strong internet connection before retrying. If this doesn't work you can remove your account and then add it again to retry .

4. Update or Close the App to Reduce App Crashes

Ever had an app keep force closing, please check to see whether the app has an update pending and if so, please update it. If not please close the app from the multitask menu then retry to open it. If not you can always clear the app data to reset the app.

5. Restart your phone in case of an Unresponsive Screen

Ever had your phone simply hang in the midst of you using it... As frustrating as this might be, there is no need to tear out your hair . A simple restart of your device should be enough to fix the issue and have the phone working A-Okay again .

Anyway, these are just some of some simple fixes... What do you think? Do you have any more quick fixes? If yes, please comment below...
And please remember, you can always visit any of the numerous Carlcare Centers available for assistance if you run into any issues that you can't solve.
CHEERS.

Very nice realboygenuis. Especially the hanging part that is caused by many unecessary apps

1 Like

Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Jaculze(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2017
Incredible piece.
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Abdstrakt(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2017
Been doing these tips since forever and they work every time. Very informative

1 Like

Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
Abdstrakt:
Been doing these tips since forever and they work every time. Very informative
Thanks bro
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by lastbaff(m): 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hakimrealest:
Restating is first I do... Carlcare is never an option.
I also restart it whenever it begins to slow down.

Guys, check out low-budget android phones here:
Cheap Android phones in Nigeria
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Sunkyphil(m): 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nice one i constantly delete pix especially d ones dat autodownload from whatsapp to free phone memory,clearing of cache also helps
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2017
Sunkyphil:
Nice one i constantly delete pix especially d ones dat autodownload from whatsapp to free phone memory,clearing of cache also helps

Clearing of Caches also help cause they are tonnes of Junk files saved up in caches..... Clearing cache can boost phone speed and responses.
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Sunkyphil(m): 7:14am On Oct 11, 2017
Realboygenius:

Clearing of Caches also help cause they are tonnes of Junk files saved up in caches..... Clearing cache can boost phone speed and responses.
yea it does there was a tym d cache on my phone was about 800mb
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Sunkyphil:
yea it does there was a tym d cache on my phone was about 800mb

800MB that's massive
How did you get rid of it?
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Riyikebaby(f): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2017
I use most of these tips and they work
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Sunkyphil(m): 10:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Realboygenius:

800MB that's massive
How did you get rid of it?
there was one clean guru dat came with my phone dat was what i used
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 10:48am On Oct 11, 2017
Sunkyphil:
there was one clean guru dat came with my phone dat was what i used

Can you tell us the name of the app?
Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Sunkyphil(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2017
Realboygenius:

Can you tell us the name of the app?

Re: Simple Do It Yourself Fixes For All Android Phones by Realboygenius(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=Sunkyphil post=61312299][/quote]
Good thanks

(1) (Reply)

Best Phone For 65k / Earn Free $ Via Crypto / Iphones With Curved Screens And Touchless Gestures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.