Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,351 members, 7,839,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Alphabet Is Using Market Penetration For Its Hardware Segment - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Alphabet Is Using Market Penetration For Its Hardware Segment (372 Views)

Someone Is Using My Number On Whatsapp / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users / A Personal Message For Nairalanders Of The Phone Segment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alphabet Is Using Market Penetration For Its Hardware Segment by edewojames(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Alphabet inc is using market penetration for its hardware segment. Alphabet, the proud owner of Google, started an hardware segment last year for its Google pixel smartphones. Though, it's not the first consumer electronics manufactured by Google, it was the first to make a mark in the Android smartphone flagships'.

Alphabet, actually started with Google Nexus which was produced in 2010. The first Nexus phone is the Nexus one with Android 2.1 Eclair operating system and manufactured by HTC. Eclair is one sweet, I never want to miss while growing up and it was made by Cadbury. Nigeria. Fast forward, is the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5C by Huawei and LG respectively were the latest flagship in the Google Nexus mobile hardware model launched in 2016. I don't know if Google has stopped the production, as I haven't heard of any new entry this year.

There is also a Google Nexus tablets, Google laptop-the Chromecast using chromeOS and other Google products such as Google Daydreamer. Which is Google Virtual Reality, VR.

The Google Pixel, which Alphabet started last year was more fascinating than the Nexus model. It was named the best Camera flagship smartphone in 2016. More to that, the camera was giving 89 points by DxOMarkMobile rating according to different sources online. This year, however, it got 98 point by DxOMarkMobile rating, probably maintaining it spot as best camera smartphone in 2017.

But, Alphabet is using market penetration to probably increased market share in the mobile hardware sector. At the #madebygoogle event in October 4, 2017, Google stated clearly that it's Pixel 2 XL will worth $649. Which is not much expensive than other hardware manufacturer flagship phones.

For example, iPhone 8Plus flagship cost $699 and the iPhone X worth $949. Samsung Galaxy Note8 is stated at $1,000 and the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is $720.

Take a look at the comparism. For iPhone X, the price difference is $300; for iPhone 8Plus, it is $50; for Samsung Galaxy Note8, it's $351; while for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, the difference is $71. Still, all are flagship smart gadgets...

Read All here ---> http://www.technologywatch.com.ng/2017/10/alphabet-is-using-market-penatration-hardware-segment.html
Re: Alphabet Is Using Market Penetration For Its Hardware Segment by MarkWayne89: 7:29am On Oct 10, 2017
They still have a lot of work to do until they will be a real competitor for Samsung, despite the quality of their devices.

1 Like

Re: Alphabet Is Using Market Penetration For Its Hardware Segment by Jaculze(m): 9:12am On Oct 10, 2017
I thought about this this morning see, how come Google''s boss isn't the richest man in the world? Cos everybody on earth must sha use Google whether directly or indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Alphabet Is Using Market Penetration For Its Hardware Segment by edewojames(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
MarkWayne89:
They still have a lot of work to do until they will be a real competitor for Samsung, despite the quality of their devices.
I agree with you bro. MarkWayne89
Re: Alphabet Is Using Market Penetration For Its Hardware Segment by edewojames(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jaculze:
I thought about this this morning see, how come Google''s boss isn't the richest man in the world? Cos everybody on earth must sha use Google whether directly or indirectly.
Good question. The truth is that there are many factors that are considered by Forbes before they decide who is the richest man in the world. And one of them is the value of their shares.

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Firm Wins $25,000 In Facebook Contest / Musings On Upgrade And Huawei Mate 9 Oreo Beta Project! / How To Increase Battery Life Of Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.