Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,521 members, 7,847,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

HOUSE Rent:please, I Need A Candid Opinion On How To Deal With This - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / HOUSE Rent:please, I Need A Candid Opinion On How To Deal With This (295 Views)

How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor / High Tension Wire On A House Pillar: Your Opinion On This Picture / 3 Things To Do When Landlord Increases Your House Rent In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HOUSE Rent:please, I Need A Candid Opinion On How To Deal With This by Legit9301: 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
This happened few weeks back and have been looking for how to deal with it.

I rented an apartment, though everything happened within just 20 minutes in the night, so I couldn't inspect well since the agent and friend I came with certified it as okay.

Because i needed to checkout from where I was squatting, I hurriedly paid for the apartment without any routine check of the building just to discover I was blindfolded by my friend and agent's opinion .

I came to see how the building was really like the third day after the payment, but discovered the building was below fair standard, I was like let me just stay for a year then look for a better apartment, so I packed in the following week.

It rained heavily the day I packed in and my belongings were all flooded. At first, I thought it was as a result of wind that made rain splashed in, so I tried fixing the louvers that weren't complete; but all to no avail.

I was on my bed the fifth day at night and I became wet and soaked with water. I took my bed, carpet and rug and discovered I was inside a pool of water: I sat from 2:am till day break, I met with the landlord and he went to the back to fall some plantain plantation and did some control; but this couldn't stop it as I came the following day to see everywhere flooded again.

I told him I wasn't interested any longer even before he started control to stop the water from entering my room, but he's reluctant and the agent has sworn with thunder not to step into my landlords' house because he refused giving him his entitled commission even after I've paid him his agency fee.

My question is, how can I handle this to get my money back ?

please, I really need your candid opinion so as to get back my money.

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Awoyaya And School Gate Lakowe / Distress Sales! 2 Plots Of Land For Urgent Sale @ Ibeju Lekki. / 3 Bedroom Flat For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.