Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m (17403 Views)

Armed Robbers Kill Access Bank Staff In Anyigba, Kogi (Graphic Photo) / Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment / Zambian Stanbic Bank Staff Sentenced To Prison For Stealing Bank’s Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by FaithAgbo: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2017
Two officers with the Ogba, Lagos branch of Sterling Bank Plc, James Oke, 28 and Moyosore Shofowora, 27 have been arrested and arraigned before a Lagos Magistrate Court for allegedly withdrawing the sum of N25,466,330 from the internal control accounts of the bank without authorisation and converted the money to their personal use.

The two bankers were arrested on the order of the Divisional Police Officer, DPO in charge of Lion Building Division, CSP Folashade Tanaruno following a complaint by the management of Sterling Bank through its Chief Security Officer, Mr Okodugha Sunday Evaristus.

The accused were arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate Court, Lagos on a two-count charge of felony to wit, stealing.

Prosecuting Counsel, Abbass Abayomi informed the Court in Charge No/65/2017 that the accused persons committed the alleged offence between 22 September, 2016 and 28 July, 2017 during working hours at Sterling Bank Plc, Ogba Branch, Lagos.

Abayomi told the Court that the first accused, James Oke after withdrawing the sum of N9, 377,000 from the account of his employer, he used part of the money to procure travelling documents and ticket fares to escape to the United States of America, but that he was arrested inside a USA bound aircraft at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos before the plane could take off following a tip off.

Abayomi added that the police recovered the sum of USD2,150 from James Oke at the airport during a search.

Abayomi said that the second accused, Shofowora stole N16,060,000 from the account of his employer and used part of the money to purchase a Toyota Camry Car valued at N2.5m and confessed that he used the balance to gamble.

Abayomi noted that the offences the accused committed were ppunishable under sections 411 and 287 (7) of the criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

The accused persons, however, pleaded not guilty to the alleged crime and the Chief Magistrate, B.A Sonuga granted them bail in the sum of N5m each with two sureties each in Like sum.

Sonuga directed that one of the sureties must be a Bank Manager with Sterling Bank and the other must be a Bank Manager with Wema Bank Ple who must also own landed properties in Lagos.

Sonuga further directed that the two surrties must deposit the sum of N1m each in the Court registrar account and adjourned the case till 14 November.

The magistrate ordered that the defendants be remanded at the Ikoyi Prison,Lagos till they were able to fulfill the bail conditions.

http://www.gistb4u.com/2-sterling-bank-staff-sent-prison-stealing-employers-n25-4m/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by kay29000(m): 10:54am On Oct 10, 2017
If you know the inside jobs some of these bankers do, you will fear them. Please note i said "some."

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by SOFTENGR: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2017
Afonja with the heart of my brosis from the yeast.

1 Like

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Mrjo(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2017
FaithAgbo:

Lalasticlala , Mynd44, seun
must u qoute the whole novel? Come oo na be op and ftc.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by FaithAgbo: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mrjo:
must u qoute the whole novel? Come oo na be op and ftc.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by 9jvirgin(m): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
Do the crime, do the time.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by iamleumas: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2017

Please I want to buy a new phone this week, which of these will you recommend for me?

1. Gionee M5 mini
2. Huawei Y6 Pro
3. Infinix Note 4
4. Techno Camon CX Air

Thanks I'm anticipating...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by chynie: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
how much the bank come worthy sef

1 Like

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by sirusX(m): 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
issa recession fever shocked

1 Like

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by KendrickAyomide: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
Lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by charlzy01: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
Soft work

1 Like

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
FaithAgbo:
Two officers with the Ogba, Lagos branch of Sterling Bank Plc, James Oke, 28 and Moyosore Shofowora, 27 have been arrested and arraigned before a Lagos Magistrate Court for allegedly withdrawing the sum of N25,466,330 from the internal control accounts of the bank without authorisation and converted the money to their personal use.

The two bankers were arrested on the order of the Divisional Police Officer, DPO in charge of Lion Building Division, CSP Folashade Tanaruno following a complaint by the management of Sterling Bank through its Chief Security Officer, Mr Okodugha Sunday Evaristus.

The accused were arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate Court, Lagos on a two-count charge of felony to wit, stealing.

Prosecuting Counsel, Abbass Abayomi informed the Court in Charge No/65/2017 that the accused persons committed the alleged offence between 22 September, 2016 and 28 July, 2017 during working hours at Sterling Bank Plc, Ogba Branch, Lagos.

Abayomi told the Court that the first accused, James Oke after withdrawing the sum of N9, 377,000 from the account of his employer, he used part of the money to procure travelling documents and ticket fares to escape to the United States of America, but that he was arrested inside a USA bound aircraft at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos before the plane could take off following a tip off.

Abayomi added that the police recovered the sum of USD2,150 from James Oke at the airport during a search.

Abayomi said that the second accused, Shofowora stole N16,060,000 from the account of his employer and used part of the money to purchase a Toyota Camry Car valued at N2.5m and confessed that he used the balance to gamble.

Abayomi noted that the offences the accused committed were ppunishable under sections 411 and 287 (7) of the criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

The accused persons, however, pleaded not guilty to the alleged crime and the Chief Magistrate, B.A Sonuga granted them bail in the sum of N5m each with two sureties each in Like sum.

Sonuga directed that one of the sureties must be a Bank Manager with Sterling Bank and the other must be a Bank Manager with Wema Bank Ple who must also own landed properties in Lagos.

Sonuga further directed that the two surrties must deposit the sum of N1m each in the Court registrar account and adjourned the case till 14 November.

The magistrate ordered that the defendants be remanded at the Ikoyi Prison,Lagos till they were able to fulfill the bail conditions.

http://www.gistb4u.com/2-sterling-bank-staff-sent-prison-stealing-employers-n25-4m/

I am not surprised. They were probably accommodating the money.

5 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by BreezyCB(m): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hhahaahahaahabahah
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Kimy97(f): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ok
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by eaglez(m): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Smart guy,bought Camry for 2.5m, used the balance to gamble.........Good thinking, good product.

9 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Ushiefrank(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hmm
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by iamsammie(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
Just 25 million and they are going to prison
What about politicians who steal billions
Were are they...

I'm not saying they should go freely but I don't believe there's anything like justice in this country

So I will not celebrate or congratulate them from catching them because this is just the tip of the iceberg

Obasanjor said he spent 16 billion dollars in our power sector and we still have epileptic power supply, in a country of 180+ million people.

India has unveiled plans to electrify 40 million homes by next year with just 2.5 billion dollars in a country of 1.3 billion people.

What more can I say *drops mic*

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Pavore9: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
"Abayomi told the Court that the first accused, James Oke after withdrawing the sum of N9, 377,000 from the account of his employer, he used part of the money to procure travelling documents and ticket fares to escape to the United States of America, but that he was arrested inside a USA bound aircraft at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos before the plane could take off following a tip off."....Just like a Hollywood movie! cheesy

"Sonuga directed that one of the sureties must be a Bank Manager with Sterling Bank and the other must be a Bank Manager with Wema Bank Ple who must also own landed properties in Lagos.".....Which Bank Manager will risk his or her career for these two?

6 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by deafeyez: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
MAKE I FIRST CELEBRATE THE LOVE OF GOD UPON ME AS I BE PLUS ONE.

DASH ME UR LIKES

TO THE TOPIC, THOU SHALL NOT STEAL, CONSEQUENCES NA DISGRACE. EXCEPT U HIDE D MONEY SOMEWHERE.

25 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Epositive(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
someone cannot move money to permanent site in peace again tongue
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by holluphemydavid(m): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
gud for them
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
shocked

What shall we say unto these things?

Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner!

I wish them a happy stay in jail.
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Ojuororun(m): 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
omo yahoo yahoo grin
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by LexngtonSteele: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
Life destroyed because of greed...

1. Jail rape and terrible prison conditions

2. Limited ability to travel. Most countries might not want an ex convict.

3. Drastically reduced chances of future employment.

I hope it was worth it

4 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by Guilderland1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
Crime no pay, hard work is the only good way to make money

2 Likes

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by seuncyber(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Ole
barawo
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by ipobarecriminals: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
cool.very wicked yweet.They should chain dem until they cough out every stolen kobo.How that one managed to obtain US visa nah wonders.Make i nor talk sha

1 Like

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by allcomage: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
Crime never pays.The cases are straightforward. They should been give long jail terms before Xmas.

1 Like

Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by san316(m): 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
What?!!
Re: 2 Sterling Bank Staff Sent To Prison For Stealing Employer’s N25.4m by rhymaholic: 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
this ones are going to die in jail cos no bank manager would ever come out to surety them except the person wants to loose their job

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Reject Motion To Allow Citizens Carry Arms / 6 Men Gang-rape A Lady In A Stream (graphic Media) / Nzube Obiechina: How I Spent 22 Days In SARS Custody, Lost My Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.