Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Use Recovered Loot To Fund Eagles, Senate Tells FG - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Use Recovered Loot To Fund Eagles, Senate Tells FG (319 Views)

Gattuso Ready To Accept Pay Cut To Fund Osimhen Transfer / Barca Players Offered Their Money To Fund Neymar's Transfer / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Recovered Loot To Fund Eagles, Senate Tells FG by PenPrince07: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
The Senate has called on the Federal Government to use recovered loot to fund the Super Eagles’ 2018 World Cup outing.

Nigeria beat Zambia 1-0 on Saturday to qualify for the competition with one game to go.

Speaking at plenary on Tuesday, Senator Samuel Anyanwu (PDP-Imo East) regretted that Nigerian sports are underfunded and called on the Federal Government to use recovered looted funds to bankroll the Russia-bound team.

“Mr. President, distinguished colleagues, Nigeria has always been qualifying, but paucity of funds has always been an issue despite wonderful performances like these,” he said.

“I want to suggest that stolen funds recovered by the federal government scattered here and there should be used to fund the Super Eagles.”

Raising a motion through order 42 of the Senate rules, Chairman, Senate Committee on Sports, Obinna Ogba, lauded the Super Eagles for the feat.
https://www.concisenews.global/news/use-recovered-loot-to-fund-eagles-senate-tells-fg/

Re: Use Recovered Loot To Fund Eagles, Senate Tells FG by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
I'm beginning to think we made a wrong choice voting in buhari, Visionless old cargo. I'm sure he has siphoned the recovered loot as well as the $26 billion.
Re: Use Recovered Loot To Fund Eagles, Senate Tells FG by bkool7(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
This Senate sha... Nah Eagles we go chop?
Re: Use Recovered Loot To Fund Eagles, Senate Tells FG by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
Who told you that there's a recovered look?

All those things we've been hearing originated from BMC to appease omenka sarki and the association of zombies home and abroad
Re: Use Recovered Loot To Fund Eagles, Senate Tells FG by richeeyo(m): 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Recovered loot for the Eagles Missing loot for the Falcons To talk God bless Nigeria self tire me Be like say i intentionally sin
Re: Use Recovered Loot To Fund Eagles, Senate Tells FG by BiafranYouths(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
Unfortunately the recovered funds if any is being recovered is being relooted in a grand style wink

(1) (Reply)

Man City, Arsenal Survive; United Sink Swansea / Students, Nursing Mother Win At Adeleye Foundation Race / Australia Trumps Honduras (3 - 1); Qualifies For Russia 2018.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.