Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

What Must I Do To Be Saved? See Apostle Paul’s Answer To The Jailer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Must I Do To Be Saved? See Apostle Paul’s Answer To The Jailer (267 Views)

Man Treks For 7-Days From Abuja To See Apostle Suleman In Edo State / Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Must I Do To Be Saved? See Apostle Paul’s Answer To The Jailer by madumelu(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
Salvation is a free gift of God. Yes, everybody knows that but not then what one must do to obtain this salvation. Hope the logic is clear.

In Acts chap. 16, here we have a story of Paul and Silas who on their way to the prayer house, came across a slave girl, who had a devilish spirit by which she predicted the future and earned a lot of money for her owners by her fortune-tells.

The bible tells us she followed Paul and Silas and screaming after them “these men are servant of the most high God, who are telling you the way to be saved. She  kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned round and said to the spirit, ‘in the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!’ at that moment the spirit left her” – v. 17-18.

After then, Paul and Silas were ceased by the owners of the slave girl having recognized that their hope of money had been terminated and dragged them into the market place, then to the magistrate with the accompaniment of some crowds with the overwhelming allegation that they are “advocating customs unlawful for the Romans to accept or practice” – v. 21

When the judgment was passed against them, the magistrate ordered them to be stripped, beaten and thrown into the jail.

But at midnight, the bible tells us, Paul and Silas engaged themselves to prayers and singing hymns to God. At that, miracle took place.

There was an earthquake at which the prison doors flew open and the chains there were bound with, both hands and legs alongside others prisoners got loosed. The prisoners escaped but Paul and Silas stayed back.

The bible tells us, “the jailer woke up and when he saw the prison door open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he sought the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted, ‘don’t harm yourself! We are all here!” – V.  27-29.

Oh, what a surprise! I believe the Jailer must have thought in his mind at the uproar of Paul’s voice.

“The Jailer called quickly for light, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, Sirs, what must I do to be saved” – v. 29-30.

Here lies same question most of us had long to know – “what must I do to be saved?” the jailer asked Paul.

You remember the story of a man named Nicodemus, a Pharisee and member of the Jewish ruling council, who came to Jesus by night and inquired of him, what he must do to get saved, just as the Jailer had inquired of Paul.

“Jesus answered, I tell you the truth, no one enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and of the spirit” – John 3:5

Perhaps, to know that salvation is a grace (free gift) from God is one thing. And what to do in other to obtain this salvation is a quite different thing as well as the most important of all.

However, Paul replied the jailer, seeing how zealous he is to get saved and free himself from eternal judgment, “believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household” – Acts 16-31  

I wonder what the Jailer might have thought in his mind when he had just heard the word  ‘believe’ from Paul. He might have thought the process to be a cumbersome one. Oh! just believe…. only believe.

Quickly without wasting much time, he took Paul and Silas that same hour of the night, wash those wounds their incurred at the cause of the beatings and got baptized alongside the family.

After-which he brought them to his home and gave them food, so filled with joy that he had finally received salvation.

Salvation if I must say is a priceless gift and if one is to pay to...

Click below to continue reading http://www.faithinspirationblog.com/2017/10/10/must-saved-see-apostle-pauls-answer-jailer/
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? See Apostle Paul’s Answer To The Jailer by myboy2010(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2017
ok

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Causes Of Curses. / How To Identify Yoruba Demons? War Over Harvesters Church Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.