Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,014 members, 7,859,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:00 PM

A Zambian Striker's Reaction To Nigeria's Qualification For World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Zambian Striker's Reaction To Nigeria's Qualification For World Cup (689 Views)

Selfish Oshoala Cost Nigeria Qualification* / Zambian Coach Bruce Mwape Accused Of Rubbing Player’s Chest At World Cup / The Moment Croatia Beat Argentina To Give Nigeria Qualification Hope (Pic Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Zambian Striker's Reaction To Nigeria's Qualification For World Cup by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nigeria deserved to qualify for World Cup, says Zambia's Patson Daka Oct 10, 2017 17:08:58 African All Stars Following his side's defeat in Uyo, the forward who
missed the encounter due to injury admits Gernot
Rohr's men deserved to be in Russia Patson Daka says Nigeria truly deserved to qualify
for the 2018 Fifa World Cup with victory over Zambia
at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium. The Salzburg forward was ruled out of the
encounter due to injury as the Chipolopolo bowed
1-0 in Uyo. However, the 19-year-old praised Wedson
Nyerinda’s men for putting up a good fight last
Saturday, admitting the Super Eagles were super on
the day taking their chances. "Football is a game of chances, the team that scores
more goals than the other becomes a winner," Daka
told Goal . "In this case, Nigeria took their chance and we didn't,
so they deserve to win and qualify for the World Cup.
I don't know how to describe the injury because it
couldn't allow me to play the game against Nigeria. "First of all, I thank God for the result, it wasn't the
result we wanted but our plans are not God's plans, I
give credit to the team for the wonderful
performance it wasn't an easy game more
especially it being an away game. "The game is now history, so we won't dwell on it
but forge ahead because I believe we have a bright
future and we are heading somewhere with better
things are coming." "It's normal for every player to have that feeling
because it's what I love to do but I respect the
technical decision for not playing me because they
knew it's for the betterment of the team and didn't
want to worsen things. "When I get disappointed, I will just be inviting
negativity which won't change anything, it was
beyond anyone's control the doctors did what they
could but because it was written that I won't play so
it happened. "Another man's absence it's another man's success,
so God wanted to use someone else to show how
glorious and mighty he is. I have and still
experiencing the grace and favour of God in my
career."

Source - goal.com

Re: A Zambian Striker's Reaction To Nigeria's Qualification For World Cup by MaestroID(m): 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
We Good Like Dat
Re: A Zambian Striker's Reaction To Nigeria's Qualification For World Cup by anuoluwapo884(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
That's the spirit of sportsmanship
Re: A Zambian Striker's Reaction To Nigeria's Qualification For World Cup by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 11, 2017
like play, this clubless coach don make name

(1) (Reply)

Looking To Stake Big Diz Saturday & Sunday, play with N200 To Win N3000 / Chelsea And The Bible Prophecy / Manchester United Youngster Snubs England For Nigeria, To Emulate Alex Iwobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.