Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Medical Facts Picture Series - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Facts Picture Series (44110 Views)

Medicine in history - The Picture Series / Medical Facts On How And When To Eat Fruits. / Medical Fact -picture Series Vol 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:

O negative blood is very rare to find. asides from the fact you can donate to anyone, u can only get from someone who is O negative and that's very difficult to fine like u stated earlier

back then in medical school, a colleague who was O negative goes to donate blood every three months, u needed to see how the lab people would treat him as though his blood has diamonds inside

l hope a time would come when the Nigerian Govt would get a list of all every one with O positive blood n get them to donate. you have to idea how help that would be

they just have to get past the medicolegal issues first though
Lol! I only donate in case of Emergency cus i'm 42kg (and i'm too tiny to donate blood according to the doctor) at least the 3times I have was due to that. I was the only choice the doctors had.
My mother told me she almost died when she had me because there is a very expensive injection one has to receive after labour or before, I don't even know. My doctor at the school clinic too told me something like that.
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 06, 2017
MerxyX:

lol... i concur

phatnpretty:
same here my sister.
Eez like we'll all stick together in case of Emergency because a pint of our blood is very expensive (that's even if it is available sef.) Lol!

1 Like

Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by MerxyX(f): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2017
AryaSand:

Eez like we'll all stick together in case of Emergency because a pint of our blood is very expensive (that's even if it is available sef.) Lol!
tru.. and all ds hospital people wee be acting anyhow.. mtcheew
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2017
AryaSand:
I'm O- and it annoys me sometimes ehen. Being able to give everyone and not able to get from anyone but your fellow O- which is like finding a needle in a haystack. Very annoying something. O- women are supposed to be exempted when it comes to periods, we are just wasting all that useful blood.

Do you know you can/should only get married to someone with same Rhesus factor as yours?

I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by salesforce: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2017
Good
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Marve101: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2017
If the female is rhesus positive, then it's non issue whether the husband is positive or negative. Rhesus incompatibility only occurs when the female is negative and the husband is positive.
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by sylviaeo(f): 9:58am On Nov 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:

until the 1960's the only reliable test was to inject a woman's urine into a female African clawed frog. if the woman is pregnant, the frog would ovulate within 12 hours
thank u
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by tuoyoojo(m): 10:02am On Nov 06, 2017
AryaSand:

Lol! I only donate in case of Emergency cus i'm 42kg (and i'm too tiny to donate blood according to the doctor) at least the 3times I have was due to that. I was the only choice the doctors had.
My mother told me she almost died when she had me because there is a very expensive injection one has to receive after labour or before, I don't even know. My doctor at the school clinic too told me something like that.

that was quite risky for u to have donated. minimum accepted weight is 50kg but I believe because they had no choice, they had to okay u donating

the injection is anti-Rh antibodies injection ( Rho(D) immune globulin ).its given to prevent miscarriages that would subsequently occur esp if ur father is rhesus positive. if not the babies would come out as though they were soaked in water, a medical condition called hydrops fetalis
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by tuoyoojo(m): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2017
sylviaeo:
thank u
u welcome
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Haderoncare(f): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2017
this is lovely and educative
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:

that was quite risky for u to have donated. minimum accepted weight is 50kg but I believe because they had no choice, they had to okay u donating

the injection is anti-Rh antibodies injection ( Rho(D) immune globulin ).its given to prevent miscarriages that would subsequently occur esp if ur father is rhesus positive. if not the babies would come out as though they were soaked in water, a medical condition called hydrops fetalis
Wow! Thank you for explaining that. So whoever i'm going to have children with has to be Rhesus Negative ?
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2017
Blackfyre:

Do you know you can/should only get married to someone with same Rhesus factor as yours?

I stand to be corrected though.
Just getting to know that now.
P.S
We can also save up for the scarce and expensive injection my mom took before she had me.
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by tuoyoojo(m): 11:20am On Nov 06, 2017
AryaSand:

Wow! Thank you for explaining that. So whoever i'm going to have children with has to be Rhesus Negative ?

not necessarily. even if he is rhesus positive no problem, as long as you take dat injection after ur first delivery,u have absolutely nothing to worry about
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by tuoyoojo(m): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2017
MerxyX:
tru.. and all ds hospital people wee be acting anyhow.. mtcheew

about 6 years ago, an average pint of blood went for 3k5 while o negative blood was 11k.now an average pint ranges btw 5 to 15k.u can kindly extrapolate how much O negative blood would cost

maybe dats y they acting anyhow
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:

not necessarily. even if he is rhesus positive no problem, as long as you take dat injection after ur first delivery,u have absolutely nothing to worry about
ohhhhh! I still have to take the injection if he is rhesus positive?
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by tuoyoojo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
AryaSand:
ohhhhh! I still have to take the injection if he is rhesus positive?
yep!!
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2017
AryaSand:

Just getting to know that now.
P.S
We can also save up for the scarce and expensive injection my mom took before she had me.

I guess. Wish you God mercies when the time comes.
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:

yep!!

What if the husband is rhesus negative, O negative.
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by arinzest: 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
it's no longer a big deal to be rhesus negative

most Nigerians are non responders
Rhogam is about 30k while unbranded ones are about 22k

You only need this though, if your baby is positive as many husbands that are positive may be heterozygous (have D and d instead of both DD)

about the husband part, marry anyone you want. its no big deal.

For the blood though, most times, one of your family member will be negative too. As long as you seek help in a tertiary hospital, O-ve blood won't be so much of a big deal as the source from National Blood Transfusion Center
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by tuoyoojo(m): 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2017
Blackfyre:

What if the husband is rhesus negative, O negative.
no qualms then
just dey enjoy dey go
no need for any injection
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
tuoyoojo:

no qualms then

just dey enjoy dey go

no need for any injection

Cc aryasand.
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
Blackfyre:

Cc aryasand.
Adupe.
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by Strongedition: 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
The cats vertical pupils and the sheep's horizontal pupils, perfect designed to suit their different needs!
Is that also evolution?? Personally, I know God is awesome
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by tuoyoojo(m): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
Strongedition:
The cats vertical pupils and the sheep's horizontal pupils, perfect designed to suit their different needs!
Is that also evolution?? Personally, I know God is awesome

you couldn't have put it any better
Re: Medical Facts Picture Series by phatnpretty(f): 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
AryaSand:

agreed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man / What Can I Do About My Body Odour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.