Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. (5205 Views)

Talking About Gorilla Screen Phones, Shout Out To Xiaomi / For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. / The New Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Will Make It’s Debut On Oppo’s New Flagship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Gorilla Glass is one of those amazing features that our smartphone now comes with. If you are a tech geek or smartphone lover you should be familiar with this words. But if this is is your first time of coming across Gorilla glass then let me briefly explain Gorilla glass for a better understanding.

Gorilla Glass is a brand of specialized toughened glass manufactured by Corning. It is produce by the use of alkali-aluminosilicate materials and formed by the combination of aluminum, silicone, and oxygen.

The glass is design to be thin, light and damage-resistant. And it can be use to build or develop electronic devices like mobile phones screen, media players, computer displays, and television screens.

This glass is located on the screen of a smartphone and the work is to protect our device from scratches and cracks.

In this post, I will be sharing some quick tips about Gorilla Glass that will blow your minds and move you to consider replacing your current device with another that comes with Gorilla Glass technology.

Resistant.

No matter how sharp a steel knife or any sharp object is it will never scratch a phone with Gorilla glass. Try it and see. Gorilla glass is high resistant to many materials thus making it a superman in the glass family but that does not mean it’s indestructible.

A smartphone with Gorilla Glass can crack when hit against a steel material with full force.

Sands and diamond can scratch the screen.

Types of Gorilla Glass.

Basically, there are five different types of gorilla glass and they are as follows…
Gorilla glass 1. This glass was the first generation that was use to design iPhone back in 2007.
Gorilla glass 2. this second generation is thicker compared to the first generation and is aim is to resist any scratch from a sharp object or harden materials.
Gorilla glass 3. this third is also thick but it came with Native Damage Resistance (NDR) technology that protects the screen from deeper scratches and cracks.
Gorilla glass 4. this 4 is more resistant than the 3 and it can survive many drops even on hard objects.
Gorilla glass 5. The fifth generation comes with more resistant to drops. It can survive drops of up to 1.6 meters and can withstand cracks up to 80%.

How to know if your phone has Gorilla Glass protection.

One of the common question on forums is how to spot a device that has gorilla glass.
To check for a device that has gorilla glass you can go to the Corning’s website and check it yourself.

Source:http://naijatechgist.com/2017/10/11/amazing-tips-gorilla-glass-know/
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by ycmdng(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
o wire...
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by JandyJ(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
Very Educative.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
you're saying I should check with hammer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by finnestdope(m): 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
Lemme get some space first,

I'll be back if we finally arrived the promise

Please a cute bae should wake me up when we reach tho

1 Like

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by bravesoul247(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
Thank God my phantom 6plus has gorilla screen.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by Franky826: 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2017
Educative.

But you didn't give us the reason behind chosing that weird name.

I mean there are other ear pleasant names undecided

1 Like

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
splenzard:
you're saying I should check with hammer?
grin yes. just try it
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
bravesoul247:
Thank God my Tecno spark has gorilla screen.
Good....but don't hit it against the wall oh. grin
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
Franky826:
Educative.

The reason behind the name is because the glass is like a superman in the glass family just like gorilla is a superman in the animal kingdom. Very hard and tough. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
Franky826:
Educative.

Can a hit man be called by a sexy name? You cannot give a soft name to a tough project
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
CarlyX8:
guy you get serious mata,
cool Abi....
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
true, nice post, now m sure my leagoo m8 pro did come with gorrila glass, just a fall of 250mm height and the screen cracked

1 Like

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by Franky826: 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Can a hit man be called by a sexy name? You cannot give a soft name to a tough project

Did a tough project in school didn't give it a soft title undecided
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Seconded... one keg of palm wine for you.... grin
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
CarlyX8:
true, nice post, now m sure my leagoo m8 pro did come with gorrila glass, just a fall of 250mm height and the screen cracked
did it fall or you mistakenly throw it....
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
busybrain123:
did it fall or you mistakenly throw it....
it fell mistakenly
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
CarlyX8:

it fell mistakenly
sorry for that. Always use screen protector.
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by PrinceJoeWan(m): 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Gorilla
What about LION GLASS or ELEPHANT GLASS?

1 Like

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by inedujac: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
Some phone's specfication are like nigeria constitution, the exist only on paper. In john cina voice "don't try this at home".
I wil nt even test my phone with tissue paper simple.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by MrBONE2(m): 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
My Phone P789 Eagle have Corning BABOON Glass 6 infact better than Gorila Glass 5 grin

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by bravesoul247(m): 3:14am On Oct 12, 2017
busybrain123:

Good....but don't hit it against the wall oh. grin
You don't know how many times the phone has fallen from my hand yet no screen smashing

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 9:20am On Oct 12, 2017
bravesoul247:
You don't know how many times the phone has fallen from my hand yet no screen smashing
Cool shocked
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2017
inedujac:
Some phone's specfication are like nigeria constitution, the exist only on paper. In john cina voice "don't try this at home".
I wil nt even test my phone with tissue paper simple.
Your phone must have cost you a lot grin
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by busybrain123(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2017
MrBONE2:
My Phone P789 Eagle have Corning BABOON Glass 6 infact better than Gorila Glass 5 grin
some people self grin
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by inedujac: 10:36am On Oct 12, 2017
busybrain123:

Yes boss! Not ready to gamble with it yet. cheesy
busybrain123:

Yes boss! Not ready to gamble with it yet.
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by HarveyDeven: 11:11am On Oct 12, 2017
I'm still waiting for that day when phones will be made using sapphire glass, like it was rumored a few years ago, before the iPhone 6s launch.
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by Fidelismaria: 11:13am On Oct 12, 2017
nice
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by leonard002(m): 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
The gorilla glass matter tire me sef. Back in 2014,I bought Infinix zero, gorilla glass and all but the phone screen broke in a month after falling from ordinary chair. Thank Goodness it had warranty. Dis one I'm using now has fallen dozens of times from higher ground, but still full ground. no gorilla glass o
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
leonard002:
The gorilla glass matter tire me sef. Back in 2014,I bought Infinix zero, gorilla glass and all but the phone screen broke in a month after falling from ordinary chair. Thank Goodness it had warranty. Dis one I'm using now has fallen dozens of times from higher ground, but still full ground. no gorilla glass o
Gravity of falls differ. It will take just ones to break a screen which falls directly with the face.And it can take up to 20 falls to crack a screen that always fall with the back of the phone
Re: Amazing Tips About Gorilla Glass You Should Know. by TechPanda(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
Thank God For Gorilla Glass.

Some Phones Now Adays Are So Fragile That When You Drop Em On The Couch, The Next Thing You Hear Is Cracking Sound Like Those From Friday Night Horror Movies. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Watch Videos Online Via My Nokia N70? / Easily Download Music And Other Files From You BB10 Browser / Have You Seen This Type Of All In One New Recharge Card In Your Area? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.