Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nigeria: A Country Of Many Contrasts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria: A Country Of Many Contrasts (704 Views)

Get Latest News Headlines And Info From Any Specific Country Of The World / 35 Social Media Platforms & Their Country Of Origin / My Country Of Origin Must Be A Better Place In My Life Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: A Country Of Many Contrasts by spafu(m): 9:28am On Oct 12, 2017
Nigeria: A country of Many Contrast
For a country to be enormously blessed with mineral and human, complimented with a fertile and arable land, in the length and breadth of its geography landscape and yet have the majority of its population ravished by devastating hunger and diseases is an eyesore, and it seems that could only happen in Nigeria. So bad is the situation that a lot of people are now seeing begging as one of the surest ways of providing for one’s stomach these days. And to make matters worse, a lot of the people at the receiving end, have not only resigned to fate but have also come to accept most of these developments as a norm and in so doing compounding the already dabgerous situation.
You could never find the solution to a problem unless and until you recognize that there is a problem that needed to be proffered a solution. For many of us, we prefer to conceal our pains and suffering with faked and forced smiles - suffering and smiling (apology to late Fela Kuti) – if you would like to call it by what it is. What surprises me more is how some of us deliberately brought upon ourselves these debilitating situations we have found ourselves by our actions or inactions. Tell me, how any rational and sensible person could accept and vote a mediocre for any political position based only on religion and ethnicity and then expects us not to suffer and continue in our reversed trek towards economic growth and development?
Rather than corruption, as most people would want us to believe, our greatest bane is poor leadership. If the head is rotten and sick, you wouldn’t need a physician to tell you the health status of the remaining parts of the body. When you find a good leader, he/she leads by example, and everyone under him/her follows suit. He/she treats all his subjects as equal without preferential treatments. A good leader is not self-righteous or self-conceited; rather, his deeds speak for him/her. But instead of us to collectively search for selfless individuals whose reputation precedes them, with unblemished antecedent, we clamoured for men who had had no meaningful success in areas they had once been trusted with leadership. We even join forces to pull down some few good leaders that came our way by buying into their lies rather than use our thinking cap to question whether the hunger eating up our stomachs is real and if it knew what religion we adhered to or our ethnic background. It cares not, it simply does what it knows how to do best, eat our stomachs up, but when those who are responsible for your hunger what to have your head, they pitch you against your fellow sufferer and tell; “Can’t you see that he/she is not from your ethnicity? Can’t you see he professes a different faith?” Continue to allow them to deceive you and play with your head and intelligence, very soon that same head yours will be the ball they will use to play ‘soccer’ in the pitch of bad leadership. Except you put an end to this your suffering and smiling disposition.
And the greatest culprit of the present bad situation of Nigeria is the youth (I will not stop saying this until we all sat up and took our future in our hands). How can the most vibrant, agile and energetic segment of the country’s population be this passive and dormant in the scheme of things and yet be comfortable even when nothing is working, and things are continuously tilted against them?
Source: http://www.ojojorok.com/2017/10/nigeria-country-of-many-contrasts.html

(1) (Reply)

Redeemers Uni Expelled Actor Macaroni On His Graduation Day For Offensive Post. / Diego Maradona Stumbles Out Of London Restaurant With His Girlfriend / Tears Rolled Down My Cheeks, After Reading This Letter From Two Of My Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.