Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,325 members, 7,860,783 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:18 PM

Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) (809 Views)

I Went Into Robbery To Give My Mum Befitting Burial - Suspect Arrested In Delta / I Went Into Robbery To Fund My Wedding – 20-yr-old Suspect / Mother Of 4: I Moved Into Robbery From Prostitution After My Husband Left Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by Johnthentic: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2017
A robbery suspect identified as Chukwuma Okoro, has confessed that he attempted to rob in order to raise N300,000 to pay the bride price of his wife who ran away from his home. Okoro was among four robbery suspects arrested and paraded Wednesday by the Ondo State Police Command yesterday October 11th. Other suspects paraded are Ezenwa Raphael, Chukwudi Oruma and Thomas Onofuapo.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Femi Joseph, who paraded the suspects before newsmen, said Okoro and the other suspects were among the armed robbers who had been terrorizing the state in recent time. According to the police spokesperson, Okoro allegedly attacked a girl who was taking a N500,000 proceed from her master sales to a bank when the suspect attempted to snatch it from her. The victim raised alarm which attracted passersby who arrested Okoro and handed him over to the police. Items found on him included a pistol and five live carriages.

When interrogated, Okoro said he was a vegetable seller in Akure and that he ventured into robbery so he could raise N300, 000 to pay his wife’s dowry as that was the amount her family was demanding for.

“It is my wife that pushed me into it, I have never stolen in my life, this is the first time, she ran away from my house since three weeks ago and she has been begging me to come back so I started looking for money to pay her dowry before she comes back. There is no way I can get more than N300,000 to pay her dowry, that is why I tried to rob and this is the first time I will be doing it”, Okoro said.

Gists Via http://www.gistmore.com/man-went-robbery-raise-300k-wife-bride-price-photo

Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by Johnthentic: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2017
Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by jerryunit48: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2017
Some men mumu sha , now she is definitely going to leave because she can’t stand the shame
Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by Afriifa(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2017
nobi by force to marry

1 Like

Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2017
If I don't have money for marriage I will just impregnate ur daughter one time.I can't comma kill myself

1 Like

Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 12, 2017
Chukwuma Okoro

report says nah because of hoe na one ipob wan kill im self... ogaoooooooo

Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by Jumbus31(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2017
What kind of flimsy excuse is this? To slap this man dey hungry me I swear. Meanwhile NCAN over to you. It been a while I heard from you guys
Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2017
The same wife wil still cheat on him
Some guys are simpleton by nature
Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by CrEaToRmalden(m): 11:38am On Oct 12, 2017
Flat heads at it again. angry
see excuse.

1 Like

Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by JambWaecNeco: 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
too bad
Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by AdeSource: 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
Vegetable seller
Asked to pay 300k as bride price
The bride's family and their ancestors must be mad asking a vegetable seller to pay that kind of money. Does he even make up to that in a year? Later they will say they're not selling their daughter. Even slaves do not cost as much back then.
If you wan sell your daughter, put her for OLX. WTF!!!
Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by Blue3k(m): 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
Thats stupid now you can't marry her. You could have told them to reduce price, worked longer hours, or simply say to hell with stupid traditions. Bride price aren't supposed to break the groom. Besides are these guys going to pay or your wedding.
Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by DanseMacabre(m): 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
No armed robber wey no get excuse for him act. And all na their first time. And all na devil work.

Luci don suffer.
Re: Man Went Into Robbery To Raise 300k For His Wife Bride Price (photo) by Nina4u(f): 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
830 dollar that's small money ..i make that working 2 weeks undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is A Wise Man, He Made A Fool Of The N/army, His Strategy Is Amazing / SARS Brutal Killing Today / Another Jealous Wife Bath Her Husband With Hot Oil - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.