Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. (561 Views)

What Percentage Of Nairalanders Are Females??? / The Mystery Behind Orashi And Ogbuide: 2 Igbo Rivers That Cannot Mix (photos) / Here’s The Photos Of The Mystery Snake That Swallowed 36million Naira From JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by isbish(m): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello guys. I have been a nairalander for more than 3 years. I must confess it's been a mixed feeling as per my experience with how we Nigerians react to issues here. The experience has been enlightening, educative, entertaining, annoying at times, most often funny, quit often tragic, very often tribalistic and also very often religious bigotry among members.

Overall, it's been more positive than negative being a nairalander because I rely on it to quickly get informed and also entertained basically from the kind of funny and hillarious response of people making comments.

I know for some or perhaps a lot of us on this forum, we have wondered why people often perceived by us to be adults type in some serious garbage and highly rediculouse response to some serious well written piece by great intellectuals who painstakingly take their time and do researches on crucial subject matters and write here on Nairaland, only to have people responding in trivial and terrible manners covered in all sorts of religious and ethnic bigotry. It's frustrating a times to read what some of these people type and you wonder if in real time situation they are that vile and disgusting or they are just hiding behind a keyboard devoid of any kind of guts to exhibit such kind of terrible attitude in real life situation.

One downside of me being a Nairalander is that as a result of the sheer number of bigotry going on here, it has affected some of us that are objective and open minded in nature. I must admit Nairaland has made me more subjective in thought more than ever before?

It is on this basis I thought to put up this piece just to ask this question....

...What is your actual reason of logging into Nairalander forum?
1. Is it to read news and get informed?
2. Are you on Nairaland to read Comments only?
3. To read comments and argue?
4. Is it to love seeing bad news against the government and join the bandwagon of those criticing and calling supporters of the gvt Zombies?
5. Is it to promote the government and criticise all those against it by calling them wailers?
6. Or is it just about loving to see IPOB and Biafra news to support or criticise it?
7. Or could it just be about coming in here to insult the North and never see anything good up North especially their religion?
8. Or could it be that all that matters to you is to put up good topics with good informative and educative content and amass enthusiasts and followers?
9. Could it be that you are just in here to wipe away that Bordome?
10. Or is it just about FRONT PAGE THINGS? grin

Just what is it that makes you wanna log into Nairaland?

As I conclude, I just want to ask this question again, which forms the second part of the reason why I am writing this and the last among the 10 questions I have asked above.

Please what is special about getting front page in terms of ur article making front page? And what is special about being first to comment?

Good bye guys.

CC: Lalasticlala
I wouldn't mind if this gets to front page though grin
Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
For the info....
And I wouldn't mind being the FTC if it reaches FP though
Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by Clerverly: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
90% of them cannot survive on twitter...
Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by isbish(m): 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sexy20:
For the info....
And I wouldn't mind being the FTC if it reaches FP though

Hmm! But what is special in it? Am still lost over it?
Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by isbish(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
Clerverly:
90% of them cannot survive on twitter...

You may be right. But what makes you log into Nairaland? Is it all the 10 listed reasons?
Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by majamajic(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
hmmmm

Op just like u will feel bad if this your article didn't make the Front page

making Front page is like being recognised on a forum of over 2million people.

making FTC on Front page is like a sniper that hit his target

the real issue is that 85% NLs read without commenting on the issue

15% of those that comments 3% are waiting for comment to quote or attack. (mostly late commers)

the next 3% are always on tribal stuff and name checkers

3% are mixsex (male in woman form or vis versa) those ones will wait and see if the topic suit their chosen sex before they comment.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
isbish:

Hmm! But what is special in it? Am still lost over it?
grin is it with the FTC or the FP? Anyway secure one first then understanding will be added unto you
Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by Hashimyussufamao(m): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
The admins atimes sef, and if its slay mamas or snake thread dem go dun put am 4front page. I've called lalasticlala mynd44 fynestboi even seun times anumber on my signature(a thread i created two weeks ago) despite how creative it is, they still don't put it to front page, sincerely i just see it as a discourgement. I don't care banning me but the truth can't be prejudice!
Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
W
Re: The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
isbish:
Overall, it's been more positive than negative being a nairalander because I rely on it to quickly get informed and also entertained basically from the kind of funny and hillarious response of people making comments.grin

Now you get it, that's the spirit. grin.. you get the info in seconds and accurate too....then the comments make my day

(1) (Reply)

Fundraising Website. / Check Out Bianca Ojukwu's Congratulatory Message To Obiano In Today's Newspapers / Women Will Give Birth To Children Without INTIMACY WITH MEN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.