Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,592 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. (3649 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Ladies Have That Lesbian Tendencies? Opinion poll / What You Say And What I Hear / Complaint And Direct Message To Nairaland Mods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2017
wman:

I'm a Christian but I support Seun's decision. Back then every single Muslim thread was derailed by comments like 'Islamabad', 'Terrorist' 'Book' etc.
A page with 30 comments will have just 4 sane comments.
Christians hardly get attacked as much as Muslims on Nairaland.
I wish you guys were available to see how bad it was then.

okay. Thanks for your opinion.
Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by IamLEGEND1: 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
A dislike button is of importance..... With comments with 2 or 3 times the number of dislikes as it has likes hidden automatically. This will at least cut the moderators' work in half.

A review of some of the censored words like 'nipple_vagina_penis_fingered' etc surely anyone above 10 in this century should at least know the correct nomenclature for a man & or woman's_genitalia and other parts of the human anatomy. and words with multiple meanings like 'fingered_pussy_threesome_" which get replaced with trash even when someone tries to use them in a totally benign context.

And then the religion section issue should be looked into as well..... As much as it is obvious that the measure was put in place to control the influx of intolerant people into Islamic threads...... It ultimately tilts the sandbox favorably towards one sect, betraying the whole purpose of providing a level playing field for everyone regardless of religious affiliations.

And incorporate a point-reward system where viewers/readers are given a chance to up-vote or down-vote threads & the OPs will not be able to create new threads if previous threads created by them have accumulated a set number of down votes....... The only way to regain thread-creation privileges will be by accumulating enough number of 'likes' & 'shares' on your comments to cancel out the down votes you got on your threads. Which will at least make all those 'likes' people fish for on nairaland useful for something. kind of how reddit's karma system works. This will help mitigate the excessive number of pointless threads that flood section boards everyday.

I know it sounds a little extreme but I believe nairaland has grown to a level where it can afford to rein in the bloated thread numbers on the thread counter found at the top of every page.

And bring back the polling interface...... It used to be awesome back then.

Cc: Seun

Na this kind thread you suppose dey show face. GoT is on hiatus now grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
MY OPINION AND THOUGHT ABOUT NAIRALAND.

1.) I will like seun to create a Nairaland app where one can access Nairaland through it and carry out the same function he or she would have done on the Nairaland website instead of going through the browser all the time whenever he or she wants to log in.
I know there is an app already but hey the purpose of the existing app is to get notifications of the latest gist, news or topic on Nairaland and not to access it.
Take a look at Facebook and Twitter they have their website where you can access them through a browser but that didn't stop them from creating an app rather.
The same function one can do on their website is the same function one can do with their mobile app(s). So I'm suggesting that seun considers this.

2.) Secondly, seun should try and change the outlook of this forum. Give Nairaland a new look because it's the same outlook that has been there since I came to know about Nairaland in 2013 and yet nothing has been done about it. It's getting boring.
Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
Please ooo,,, how can someone change his/her username?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
I SUGGEST seun SHOULD CREATE A PLATFORM THAT WILL ENABLE NAIRALANDERS CHANGE THEIR USERNAME.

WHO IS WITH ME ON THIS.
Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
Problems with nairaland

1. All the tribal e wars

2. All the unserious topics for Christians Sunday am

3. All the abuse and bad language

4. The betting fixed match people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
COMPLAINT FOR seun TO IMPROVE THE NAIRALAND SEARCH ENGINE.

Having Been a Nairalander I must say this very forum is the bomb, having helped me in so many ways like overcoming boredomness, educating, enlightening and entertaining me in one way or the other. But there is a flop I discovered in this forum of ours which is the NAIRALAND SEARCH ENGINE. Yes, you heard me right.
It will be an understatement to say the Nairaland search engine is just bad, that engine is the worst search engine I have ever come across in my not up to 25 years on earth.
It is a wack in such a way that you can't possibly use it to search for a particular thread, topic or moniker and get the accurate result. For E.g, If I search for a particular thread or moniker let say "chronicles of jokes" or "preciousuweh", instead of getting the results of the searched thread or moniker rather one will be giving the result of threads were each of those words that were been searched for appeared i.e instead of giving me the searched thread ("chronicles of jokes") or moniker ("preciousuweh") rather list of threads were the words "chronicles", "of", "jokes" or "preciousuweh" were written will appear. Please I will like seun to look into it and do what must be done to improve on the Nairaland search engine.
I know it isn't easy but he should try and improve it besides that's why he is a programmer.

THANKS.

#XAVIER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2017
Nairaland as a forum has provided the platform for people to speak out, say their thought, lend out their voice which leads to constructive and destructive arguments. The religion section of Nairaland is not left out of this.
The religion section which was created for the purpose of theist to learn, teach and gain more understanding on their religion (be it a Christian or a Muslim) and it's doctrines but that's not so (maybe in 2013 when I came across this forum) because the religion section of today is now a haven for unhealthy, stupid and unnecessary competition between the theist and the atheist which has lead to a almost catastrophic high level of intolerance between both parties who won't let a second past without engaging in clash of words.
Whenever I visit the religion section to learn and gain more understanding on my religion (which is Christianity) and it's doctrines, all i see scattered everywhere are antichristian threads which are created with the sole purpose of ridiculing Christianity and rubbing it's name in the mud. The few christian thread you will find has been taken over by atheist and antichristian Nairalanders who derail it with opposing and in most cases ridiculing and abusing comments thus disenabling the purpose for which that thread was created.

If you notices I referred mainly to Christianity and Christians in the above text(s). You may ask, since you are also talking about the theist, are the Muslims not inclusive?, of course they are, but I chooses not to emphasis on them much not because I'm not a Muslim but because the Muslims are free to some extent from the attack on theist considering the fact that they have this immunity over them provided by Nairaland.
I use to be among those protesting and kicking against the immunity of the Muslims (i.e the Muslims having a separate sub section for Muslims alone in such a way that for anyone to be able to comment on that sub section he or she has to declare the shubra or whatever they call it [no pun intended, my Muslim brothers and sisters]) until the day a Nairaland explained to me that the reason the Muslims were given such privilege was because of the increasing attack on the Muslim in the forum and for that, i laud seun.
I think it's time seun implements such privilege but in a higher dimension.
In a higher dimension, I mean seun should create a sub sections for the:
1.) Christians.
2.) Atheist.
3.) Pagans
excluding the Muslims who already has one.
And for one to be able to comment on a particular sub section he or she should declare whatever ever is there to declare just as it is applied in the Muslim sub section, For e.g
1.) for one to be able to comment or post on the Christian sub section he or she should declare that he or she believes that Jesus Christ is Lord.
2.) for one to be able to comment or post on the Atheist sub section he or she should declare that he or she believes that there is no God or diety.
3.) for one to be able to comment or post on the Pagan sub section he or she should declare that he or she believes in whatever deity he or she believes in.
I know most people might rebuff this stating that the theist and atheist can relate and harmonise together in the religion section if they tolerate one another, but that's the anthem we've been singing while the intolerance and attack on one another between the theist and atheist continue to get out of hand.
There is no way an atheist and a theist are ever going to tolerate one another in the religion section because they are two contrasting and opposing force that can never ever get along.
That's why I will suggest to seun to create a sub section with a moderator that belong to that belief (Christians, pagans and atheist) as I mentioned earlier. With this the Christians will be free to post, comment, rant, criticise and learn in their sub section without attack or opposition from an opposing group and likewise the pagans and atheist also.
Seun, the security and freedom of every Nairalander to post and say whatever he or she wants to post without fear of opposition or attack in the religion section is your priority whether you like it or not. That's why I will like you to look into this suggetsion of mine and see what can be done about it and by the way you said you are a tolerant atheist, if you are one as you claim you will have to consider this suggestion of mine.

THANKS.

#XAVIER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
AlexCk:

Lol.

Seun's kinda our naija Mark Zukerberg.

Anyways, , can't we have a way to change the monikers we use??.
edit names shaa.
Also, unlike button too, really needed grin
Oga Seun, seriously the "unlike" button will be a very great touch, just like the "like" button. We should also be able to change moniker. And then for PM, pls try to do something about it cos many people don't check their emails and some other people don't have access to the email they used in signing up for Nairaland.
Nairaland o ni baje o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by Xavier5(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nairaland as a forum has offered entertainment, information, connection and hook up to millions of people, both members and non members alike.
Nairaland as a forum comprises of lots of sections were topic/ threads about it or related or synonymous with it are created, for example, topics/ threads related or synonymous with religion or about religion are created in the religion section.
Being a member for some time now, I realised there is need for a new section to be created because of it's dire need.
What section am I talking about? you may ask.
Well I'm talking about a [i]"SOCIAL SECTION"[/I] . Yea, a section were social issues can be discussed and talked about. A section were topics/ threads about social issues or related or synonymous with social issues can be created in.
There is need for a social forum because:

1.) It will go a long way in ensuring that topics/ threads pertaining to social issues are created and posted in the right section because as it stands now in the absence of a social section, Topics/ thread about social issues are being created and posted in other/ wrong sections. Sections such topic or thread isn't suppose to be in.
For example, topics/ threads about Feminism are being created and posted in Romance section. And you begin to wonder how Feminism is related to romance. Feminism is a social issue not a romance one and as such topics/ threads about it should be created or posted in the social section and not romance section but that isn't so, because there isn't any social section thus the creators or OPs (as they are generally called) choose to create and post such topic or thread in the romance section.

2.) It will reduce or eliminate the confusion of Nairalanders. Nairalanders do get confuse whenever they created a thread about social issues. The confusion lies in the fact that sometimes, they may be at a cross road at which section to post or create such topic in. I have been a victim of this, once there was a time I created a thread about racism (which is a social issue), I became confuse of the right thread to post or create it in, after hours of deep thinking and confusion, I decided to post or created it in the politics section. But the question was, how was racism (a social issue) related to politics. Racism is a social issue, politics section is for politics and politics related threads and post but I had to create and post it in the politics section because there was no social section were I could post it in. If there was a social section then I wouldn't have created or posted it (Racism) on politics section.

3.) It ensures orderliness because threads or topics will be created or posted in the right section rather than the wrong ones.
For example, threads about Feminism won't be created in the romance section rather that will be done in the social section since it is a social issue Likewise threads about Racism won't be created in the politics section rather that will be done in the social section since it is a social issue
The above are the reasons why a Social Section should be created in Nairaland. I hope seun does the needful. I will be looking forward to it.

Namastey.

#Xavier.
#Create_A_Social_Section_In_Nairaland

Cc seun, lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by meobizy(f): 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
People have asked for one feature or the other since 2008.
Abegi, this place is a relic compared to other discussion boards.
When the owner tire he go close shop move him market experience to something else.
Re: Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread. by sonayan: 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
good morin sir,i was banned from d travel section based on rule nos 9 ,i checked and was suprised that its about using NL for illegal acts,my post was not in any way for illegal purpose ,i only gave advice as regards a particular request by fellow nairanlanders,pls kindly help look into this.thank u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Weight Loss In A Cup / Spot The Different, Fashion Or Madness? ( PHOTO) / A Pastor’s Business Empire - Newswatch Magazine Review Of Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.