Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Please Who Can Help Upload This Film Online? "Secret Of The Mind" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Please Who Can Help Upload This Film Online? "Secret Of The Mind" (828 Views)

Anyone Knows The Name Of This Film Acted By Justice Esiri And Sam Loco / Can You Find This Film For Me / "Mother!"- Anyone Here Seen This Film? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Can Help Upload This Film Online? "Secret Of The Mind" by agborodun: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Dear lovely nairalanders,
I have been looking for the film ''SECRET OF THE MIND'' Online but couldn't find it..
Please who has the movie?
Can anybody help me to upload it online?
I will appreciate it..

Story: Bode Alao Festus
Director: Bode Alao Festus
Screenplay: Tai Emeka Obasi

Secret of the Mind

Patience Ozokwor – Flora
Mike Ezuruonye – Mike
Caroline Ekanem – Nancy
Desmond Elliot – David
Vitalis Ndubuisi – Chief Andy Richards
Emilia Azuh – Clara
Charles Inojie – Man Charlie
Kelechi Koko – Mercy

Themes explored in the film
Religion
Good Vs Evil
Importance of status in Nigerian society

My Rating 67%
David is a First Class student on campus from a poor background. Nancy is his girlfriend. She is not as academically capable but is from a rich connected family, which means that upon graduation she is more likely to be hired than David, despite being obviously less able.

David tells Nancy in trying to explain his position,

“Now what your father has is a social first class. What I have is a paper first class. They are two different things. What matters in this country is a social first class. I don’t have that.”

9 months after graduation David is unemployed. It is only when Nancy’s father writes a letter of recommendation for him to a bank that he gains employment. It is as though David is cursed as his employment joy is short lived.

The initial introduction of the supernatural was highly confusing. We see his mother flit from this life to the afterlife. We are introduced to her supernatural caped sons called HUNGER and FRUSTRATION, whose task is to prevent David from getting a job. The reasons why are not made immediately clear.

David too cannot understand the reasoning behind his continual bad luck. He meets a church sister called Nancy who upon shaking his hand for the first time tells him that he is covered in chains and referred to him as being,

“decimated by ancestral spirits.”

As they get to know each other further she tells him more than once,

“You have eyes, but you can’t see”

If you have not watched you may want to stop reading here

David Mother is dabbling in the occult and has been warned that she will die if she does not make sure that her son dies within a certain time frame. That time frame elapses and his survival is the root of his bad luck. This fact is only made clear towards the end of the film. We are also told that she killed her husband and two others. She has been trying to kill David since he was 5 without success. It would appear that David was not meant to die young.

MAN CHARLIE

There was a character called Man Charlie. Nancy hooks David up with an apartment and one of the neighbours called Man Charlie keeps coming around uninvited. He was a comical character that is for sure, but what was his significance within the film? If you know let me know because that one baffled me!

SOUNDTRACK

I appreciated the use of music in the film. It was used to build and decrease tension without being loud and overbearing as is often the case in Nollywood

At the end there is a fight with the the evil spirits vs Mercy and the Pastor. The spirits are inhabited within David and they fight to rid him of them eventually overcoming them, with many screams of HOLY GHOST Fa-YA!

The message in the story is to stay away from the occult as it is a force so powerful that it will even kill a mother’s love for her son.

This is one of those films that you may have to watch twice to get. I would recommend it because it was certainly DIFFERENT!

I saw this write up online about it.
Re: Please Who Can Help Upload This Film Online? "Secret Of The Mind" by agborodun: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2017
see the cover.

Re: Please Who Can Help Upload This Film Online? "Secret Of The Mind" by agborodun: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2017
Can anybody help please?
There would be a reward.

(1) (Reply)

8 TV Series To Give You Nostalgia Feels / There Are Too Many Scammers Online Claiming To Be Multichoice Nigeria, Beware! / Pope Stan Featured Alongside Mercy Johnson In New Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.