Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Missing Body Of Police Inspector Found Under A Bridge In Bauchi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing Body Of Police Inspector Found Under A Bridge In Bauchi (498 Views)

Kidnapped Abuja Lady Found Unconscious Under A Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Body Of Police Inspector Found Under A Bridge In Bauchi by topupifo: 7:55am On Oct 13, 2017
The remains of a serving police Inspector was recovered under a tree on Thursday close to the Yelwa Makaranta bridge in the Bauchi metropolis. According to reports from Northern City News, it was observed that one of the legs of the deceased was amputated.

The decomposing body of the Inspector, whose name was given as only David, was taken away by the Nigerian Red Cross Society and the men of the Yelwa police division. The Mai Angwa Ngas, Monday Waziri, informed newsmen on the scene of the incident that the deceased had, before his death, visited his elder brother who is his neighbour.

He said, “The corpse is that of a police Inspector who works in Abuja. He was hospitalised in Gombe and came to visit his elder brother who is my neighbour in Ngwan Ngas after he was discharged, when the unfortunate incident occurred.

“I was in the hospital with my son when my wife called to tell me that the decomposing body of my neighbour’s brother was seen close to the Yelwa Lebra Bridge, and immediately, I rushed here.”

Waziri, who gave the name of the deceased simply as Inspector David, added that “he was still serving with the police when he fell sick and was hospitalised, and I suspect strongly that he may have been amputated in the hospital.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kamal Datti, confirmed the incident, adding that a good Samaritan called to inform the command about the corpse.

“Today, Thursday, 12th October, 2017, at about 13:00hrs, we received a report from a good Samaritan that a corpse was found lying some few metres off the Yelwa highway.

“Our men from the Yelwa Division immediately rushed to the scene and took the corpse to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi for autopsy,” he said.

The police spokesman said the identity of the deceased had yet to be ascertained but investigations had begun.

Contrary to reports that the deceased committed suicide, the PPRO said, “I don’t think it is true because there is no sign of violence on his body, however, only the result of the autopsy will reveal the actual cause of his death.”

More here http://www.topupinfo.com/missing-body-police-inspector-found-bridge-bauchi/
Re: Missing Body Of Police Inspector Found Under A Bridge In Bauchi by Lorechino(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2017
we pity criminals sometimes., but police? am confused
Re: Missing Body Of Police Inspector Found Under A Bridge In Bauchi by myboy2010(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2017
police inspector!!! if a policeman is not safe and can't walk in assurance of safety, who else in this country
Re: Missing Body Of Police Inspector Found Under A Bridge In Bauchi by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 13, 2017
K
Re: Missing Body Of Police Inspector Found Under A Bridge In Bauchi by hon3sty(m): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2017
another day another evil... hmmm isokay

(1) (Reply)

Police Declares Burnaboy Wanted Over Mr 2kay’s Robbery Attack / Woman, 53, Admits Drowning Four Newborn Babies In Concrete / Police Go After Rogue Herdsmen, Kill 2 …seize 413 Stolen Cows, 50 Sheep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.