Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make (26158 Views)

COVID-19: Anxiety In Edo Over 110 Travelers From Kano, Rivers / Alaska Airlines Surprise Travelers With Sweaters And T-shirts On Christmas Day / Xmas: Travelers Should Be Wary Of This Danger On Interstate Highways (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by fidet1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2017
Na person weh get money de travel
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Travelling isn't my hobby

I really don't like packing too many things when travelling

Anytime I travel I only pack clothes the rest can be bought over there. Max 20 clothes
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by rash47(m): 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
Twenty cloth,and you say only,are u relocating ?
pcguru1:

Anytime I travel I only pack clothes the rest can be bought over there. Max 20 clothes

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by aribisala0(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
First time travel to Aba or Onitsha??
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by efemty001: 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2017
Flexyfluxy:
Wow. Made first page today.

keep deceiving urself..

those above u should enter helicopter mouth abi
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by RexEmmyGee: 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
I agree with all except for number one
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2017
rash47:
Twenty cloth,and you say only,are u relocating ?

Yeah anytime I relocate
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by ElsonMorali: 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
heryur:
Congrat kindly come to first page headquarters to claim your prize

Once he gets there, just direct him to first page admin block. I'll give him his first page prize.
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by ElsonMorali: 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2017
Flexyfluxy:
Wow. Made first page today.

cheesy
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by captain247: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2017
Haaahaaa.. this reminds me of my first long flight I never knew I wouldn't see my luggage till I arrive my destination so I didn't prepare my hand luggage to contain toothpaste and brush with little hand cream. Even soap and I will arrive on the third day in the evening hours. I didn't even look at the arrival date I was just excited.
There is always a first time experience in everything and its always fun to remember.
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by heryur(m): 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Once he gets there, just direct him to first page admin block. I'll give him his first page prize.
Noted

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by thunderbabs: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
The nXt time u want to talk travel, specify local or international.

I already see comments from people wey dey travel frm deir homes to school in another state. Lagos to Nsukka travel grin
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by blazerinno(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
Am I the only one who read this and thought " time travellers " ...as in with a time machine ,at first .

Punctuation !!!!
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by chronnister(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
Bullhari007:
nah so I carry bag of garri beans and yam with one big ram won travel abroad... only God help me that day...
Are you related to LAI MOHAMMED?
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by cardoctor(m): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2017
Thanks for the tip.
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by marooh: 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
What of making call when you arrived instead of making enquiries b4 travel. #phone switchoff.

Avoiding girls or boys. #StartMingle

Already intoxicated before arrival.

Keke issues?
Abeg how u go take drop for agege road?
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by marooh: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
Josephjnr:
I am not understanding.

How to take understand why na 1G network u dey use browse
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by marooh: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
Josephjnr:
I am not understanding.

How u go to take understand why na 1G network u dey use browse
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Bullhari007(m): 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
chronnister:
Are you related to LAI MOHAMMED?
no I'm related to your father
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by ElPhoche(m): 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
Opinionated:
It is quite easy for first-time travelers to make mistake upon mistake on their first travel experience. However, there are some tips that can help first-time travelers avoid these repeated mistakes. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 mistakes that first-time travelers make and how to avoid them.

Using a Travel Agent For Everything

This might seem like the safe option but it can also make the whole process more expensive. While it is nice to have the ‘safety net’ of a travel agent, you can generally limit your use of their services to booking your flights and maybe taking advantage of their accommodation packages. Aside that, you generally can try to look after everything yourself, all you really need to do is be willing to ask questions from people that have traveled before, travel forums or even help desks to guide yourself the rest of the way. Once you do this, it will much easier for you to continue rather than having to rely on a travel agent all the time.

Being Scared of the Locals

This might not be the best idea for a first-time traveler because it makes him/her stand out even more and be easily identified as a ‘Johnny Just Come’, which can be quite disadvantageous for said first-time traveler. It is best to be open and free, especially when you are visiting a foreign area. Of course, this doesn’t mean you should neglect the use of common sense and throw basic caution to the wind, but don’t over do it by thinking everyone is out to get you. If you’re open and friendly, you can even make one or two friends among the locals that will guide you on the basic things you need to know about life there.

Don’t Be Too Hard Yourself for Being Scammed

It’s only natural that if you’re new to a place, you are likely to occasionally get scammed while adjusting to how life works there. It’s okay, no matter how smart or careful you are, it will happen sometimes. There’s no easy way around it so just roll with the punches and learn whatever lesson that needs to be learned to avoid it happening again. Being scammed doesn’t mean you should be so hard on yourself and become hyperactive and super distrustful of everyone around you, you’ll exhaust yourself living that way. Just let the experiences make you wiser, learn from them and be better for it.

Underestimating Costs

It is best to travel with the mentality that everything over 'there' is likely to cost more, especially if you are traveling to a town or city as opposed to a village. As much as you are trying to be conservative, it is much better to get to your destination and have more than enough rather than having less and getting stranded, which can be particularly disadvantageous to you as a first-time traveler.

Packing Way Too Many Things

It might be tempting to over-pack if you’re a first-time traveler, but please do your best to overcome this temptation. It is best to pack lightly so you will be able to easily respond to any sudden instance or situation during your travel. Over-packing is not very safe for you and can weigh you down, therefore, it is best to avoid it. Try to only pack the items you absolutely - and the key word is ‘absolutely’ - cannot do without.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-mistakes-first-time-travelers-make/

Well,
1)I packed very few things. Na only God provide the cloth I have been flexing since�
2)For the aeroplane, I no understand the kind food they were serving. Didn't know which one was the appetizer, desert. In fact, there was this thing butter, cheese, I had to lick it in a coded manner before I dropped it. I was using one eye to watch one small Asian boy and another oyibo to know which one they would eat first.
3)The only problem I have here na say I deh miss woman cooking for me.... You know how it is nah...

All join shaa.. nice post
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by pacespot(m): 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2017
Good tips
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Josephjnr(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
marooh:

How u go to take understand why na 1G network u dey use browse

Hmmm! I no dey poor for anything for fone and network matter. My phone get 4G ability and my network na the best for Nigeria today. So,I no dey use 1G,na busy I busy. Sometimes people like you wen be say na Nairaland you dey work even though Seun no employ you,nogo understand say other things dey wen man go do outside nairaland.
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Augustap(f): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
Who packing much things help...when i no dey escape war grin
Travelling light is bae
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Hilariousthiago(m): 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
wolextayo:
Soole lo lese grin. I know some of our aunty and brother will say dem never enter soole like that
beware of Soole grin o lewu pupor fun ilera re!

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by chronnister(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
Bullhari007:
no I'm related to your father
You are just a butcher trying so hard to be funny, but you ain't making the cut
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by vchykp(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
kai.. underestimating cost really disturb me gan.. as an igbo man nah, i calculate everything in nigeria money bfore buying..!
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Bullhari007(m): 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
chronnister:

You are just a butcher trying so hard to be funny, but you ain't making the cut

Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by marooh: 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Josephjnr:

Hmmm! I no dey poor for anything for fone and network matter. My phone get 4G ability and my network na the best for Nigeria today. So,I no dey use 1G,na busy I busy. Sometimes people like you wen be say na Nairaland you dey work even though Seun no employ you,nogo understand say other things dey wen man go do outside nairaland.
So you late understand!
Thanks for activating ur brain
Re: 5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make by Officer101(m): 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
I am guilty of carrying heavy load when travelling, and it is always caused by the fear of lacking something I have at home while away

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Qatar Trip / Top5 Things You Can Learn From The Hausa / Two Die In Fatal Accident In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.