Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) (31878 Views)

Customs Intercepts South African Airways With N68.9m Frozen Chicken In Lagos / Border Closure: Customs Intercepts Rice Smugglers In A Bush (Photos) / Customs Intercepts Military Hardware, Bulletproof Cars Worth 1.2Bn At Ijebu-Ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by adetes: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
This is south Africa products, 27 Hilux they didn't want to pay custom duties
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by maxiuc(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2017
Jagermeister:
Nija.

Enforcement, investigation and inspection. Weldone guys.

How do you import these and attempt to circumvent duty payment.

Times are hard but apply small conscience mbok.

I want to join the Customs when I grow up.

In another development..

Six ways of preventing Monkey pox.

1. Avoid eating monkey banana.
2. Be careful when crossing monkey bridge ( don't cross if you love your life).
3. For those of you that have monkey jacket, burn it immediately.
4. For football lovers, avoid playing monkey post.
5. Stop drinking monkey tail. Give monkey his space.
6. Avoid Davido's song 'Banana fall on you'.

Sai'anjuma.
Your number 4 is wrong it is called mockey post not monkey post
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2017
I don't know why these dealers are too greedy, u buy cars worth over 3m each and still smuggle them and later sale it higher price despite not paying duties on them.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by netflicks(m): 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2017
Keep on contributing to the economy...that na person Hazle u hold so oo.. .contribute it to the economy for your APC looters to enjoy...
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by AntiWailer: 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
alexistaiwo:

BMC crew member spotted.
Hope the pay is worth all this stress Sha

No na MSP crew. More Sensible Person. grin

Which money is missing is the question, you resort to character assasination. grin grin

Yes my job pays well and it is worth any stress i go through to demand accountability and criticize objectively.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
AntiWailer:

No na MSP crew. More Sensible Person. grin

Which money is missing is the question, you resort to character assasination. grin grin

Yes my job pays well and it is worth any stress i go through to demand accountability and criticize objectively.
Please I don't have time for all this.
Swerve
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
Now we can see in details, confirmed in the article and picture, the Nigerian Customs Service is headed by Northerners. Both 1 & 2 are from the North.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Isaacpyo04(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
Good for them, millions of naira down the pit toilet, greedy lots.

If we don't want to do the right thing the normal way, when pay dearly for it, we will learn.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
Did he told us the people that boughted the vehicles? He should have tolded us their names now
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
PointZerom:
"This was revealed in a statement by The Deputy Comptroller-general Of Customs (E,I&I), Aminu Dangaladima on Friday".

You mean both the custom's CG and deputy are from the North?.
customs, just as npf is having many deputies, i think its base on geopolitical zones(6), ditto for aig too.
modified;
The Nigeria Customs Service is headed by the Comptroller-General and assisted by six (6) Deputy Comptrollers-Generals heading the departments as follows:
Finance Administration and Technical Service
Tariff & Trade
Enforcement, Investigation, and Inspection
Strategic Research & Policy
Human Resource Development
Excise, FTZ and Industrial Incentives
These Deputy Comptroller-Generals have Assistant Comptroller-Generals heading each division under them while Comptrollers runs the affair of each unit under these divisions.
ACG (Headquarters) reports directly to the Comptroller-General along with the heads of some Special Units in addition to 4 Assistant-Comptroller-General (ACG) in the zones that coordinate the area commands under their respective jurisdictions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Ijaya123: 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Anything to divert attention away from the missing $26b saga

Missing $26b? From which account?

lots of shallow-minded lass on nairaland these days.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by caesaraba(m): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Swerve

No o. You have to have time o. You can't just confidently make such an important statement either out of deep understanding or inherited stupidity and then walk away like that. Please answer the question and tell us why the customs are trying to divert attention from it.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by AntiWailer: 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Swerve

You don't have time to apologize for your stupid lie ?

Or time for what precisely.

Answer this poster too oooooo

caesaraba:

No o. You have to have time o. You can't just confidently make such an important statement either out of deep understanding or inherited stupidity and then walk away like that. Please answer the question and tell us why the customs are trying to divert attention from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
Part of the reasons why they are usually rich.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
AntiWailer:

You don't have time to apologize for your stupid lie ?

Or time for what precisely.

Answer this poster too oooooo

caesaraba:

Ijaya123:

Missing $26b? From which account?

lots of shallow-minded lass on nairaland these days.
BMC crew.
This is your take home assignment for the day.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/efcc-icpc-must-investigate-alleged-25bn-scam-serap/
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by bejeria101(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
Abuja now has a seaport? Oponu! How would 27 vehicles move and nobody sees anything? Attenion seeker beta goan wear your maternity gown olodo.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Charly68: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2017
That is politicians 2019 war machines...these people can't die well they are already preparing for 2019 election while they have nothing to show for performance in office.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Ijaya123: 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2017
alexistaiwo:

BMC crew.
This is your take home assignment for the day.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/efcc-icpc-must-investigate-alleged-25bn-scam-serap/

You're out of place. Go and play with your people.

Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ijaya123:

You're out of place. Go and play with your people.
Omo Yoruba ni mi.
Ibeji ni MI Ejire Taiwo ni oruko MI.

How is your assignment going?
Are you done?
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by yaki84: 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2017
AntiWailer:

Which 26billion dollar is missing ?

Don't be another hopeless youth on the street.

Understand the details not the headlines so you don't sound like a chronic idiot when contributing.
how can 27hilux of old model have dpv of 432million naira n they r not bullet proof?
R these people taking nigerians for a fool? R we these gullible?
Chai...........
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
Combined Duty Paid Value Of 432m Thats 16m A Piece, How Much Is A New Hilux, Later They Will Auction The Vehicle For 250k Each Amongst Themselves.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by juman(m): 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
Nnaminnami:
;Dthat man belle no be here o ;Dthat man belle no be here o

Nah man or woman?

May be a pregnant man. grin
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by slawali: 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
U get dirty mind I. Don't know which world you belong.
SalamRushdie:
Good before you know we will see those Hiluxes being used as technicals by Boko haram

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by 4ward(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2017
ok ooo
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by cardoctor(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Chaiiiii
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by TopGunFighter: 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
The drivers the importers must be stupid!! I am not a party of criminality O but if I want to transport this cars even if it will take me weeks I will transport 2 at a time but even me if I see 21 cars ahhhh
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Akinbaba(m): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
I would guess the customs meant the total value of the trucks and not the value of their duties. If he says 432million is value of the duties then those trucks wont cost less than 30million a piece. How many company or individuals would be able to afford that.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Ijaya123: 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Omo Yoruba ni mi.
Ibeji ni MI Ejire Taiwo ni oruko MI.

How is your assignment going?
Are you done?

Yorubas are quite intelligent and discerning set of people. They will not make this sort of shallow submission. Hence my earlier post that you're out of place.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ijaya123:

Yorubas are quite intelligent and discerning set of people. They will not make this sort of shallow submission. Hence my earlier post that you're out of place.
Like I said earlier. I don't have time for all this.
You are dismissed.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by brojoshua: 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2017
Sorry but do they give them ranks by the sizes of their bellies? For the one with the biggest belly is the leader talking.
Re: Customs Intercepts 27 Toyota Hilux In Abuja (Photos) by Decryptor(m): 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
nghubs1:
The Nigerian Customs Services has intercepted nothing less than twenty seven (27) Toyota Hilux being smuggled into the country.

This was revealed in a statement by The Deputy Comptroller-general Of Customs (E,I&I), Aminu Dangaladima on Friday.

The statement reads

BEING MEDIA BRIEFING ON INTERCEPTION OF TWENTY-SEVEN (27) TOYOTA HILUX BY THE DEPUTY COMPTROLLER-GENERAL OF CUSTOMS (E,I&I), AMINU DANGALADIMA ON 13TH OCTOBER, 2017.

Its my pleasure to welcome you to Headquarters of the Nigeria Customs Service. Your presence here provides another opportunity for the Service to brief you on the continuous gains of anti-smuggling operations.

On Wednesday 10th October 2017, based on credible intelligence, operatives of NCS Compliance Team went to two open car stands along Kubwa express-way in the Federal Capital Territory and evacuated 27 Toyota Hilux pick-up vehicles suspected to be smuggled into the Country. These vehicles have estimated duty paid value (DPV) of over N432,000,000 million.

We urge the owners of these vehicles to come forward with valid Customs clearance documents otherwise they will be liable to Seizure and subsequent Forfeiture to the Federal Government in-line with laws of the land.

You will recall that last month, the Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) while briefing on interception of 18 exotic vehicles, 13 of which were bullet proof said that the Service under his leadership will enforce the powers given in the Customs and Excise Management Act (CEMA) effectively.

For the avoidance of doubt, what we are doing is in-line with the provisions of Sections 147 of Customs and Excise Management Act (CEMA) Cap 45, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 (power to search premises), Section 158 of CEMA, Cap 45 Laws of Federation of Nigeria (power to patrol freely).

It must also be understood that being in possession of smuggled items is an offence under Section 3 of Customs and Excise (special penal and other provision) Act Cap 47 Laws of Federation of Nigeria 2004.

Let me seize this opportunity to inform you that we are making progress on investigation in the illegal arms importation. More arrests have been made and the CGC will be on the entourage of Mr. President to Turkey for sideline bilateral meeting with the Turkish Customs Authority. This is with the aim to permanently deal and put an end to such deadly importation coming from Turkey.

NCS under the on-going reforms has continued to improve in all aspects, especially in the areas of suppression of smuggling.

The idea that one can comply with laws of other countries and contravene Nigerian Laws on arrival here can no longer be tolerated.

NCS will continue to contribute its quota to National economic development and security.

Finally, let me commend the media for your continuous support. NCS appreciates and will always count on you to inform and educate the general public on the activities of the Nigeria Customs Service.

http://nghubs.info/nigerian-customs-intercepts-27-hilux/

Continue seizing the properties of Igbos all over the country. One day, you will be wrapped in a white shroud and placed in a wooden stretcher and we will see whether you will impound any other vehicle again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Missing Person In Portharcourt: Progress Musa Fua / Man brutalizes his wife for slamming the door. / How I Was Set-up By My Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.