Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,588 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Knowledge Of A THING Gives You Ability To Practise That Thing: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowledge Of A THING Gives You Ability To Practise That Thing: (257 Views)

What's That Thing Said By The Preacher That Compelled You To Repent? / Should Christian Couples Practise Other Styles Of Sex Apart Frm Conventionastyle / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Knowledge Of A THING Gives You Ability To Practise That Thing: by Marioplus(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
Knowledge of Righteousness through Faith in Christ Jesus gives you ability to practise Righteousness in Christ Jesus {Search for this knowledge with all your might and hold unto it}
Knowledge of Sin/Evil habits gives you ability to practise Sinful habits and evil/wickedness thus stay away from this knowledge with all your might by replacing such desires, invitations, friendships, business or relationships with Knowledge of God's Written Word in the Holy Bible
thus
Charge for Day-12, Text Romans 7:1-12, Topic: "Way of the Spirit" (Romans 7:6)
1 Certainly you will understand what I am about to say, my friends, because all of you know about law. The law rules over people only as long as they live.2 A married woman, for example, is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives; but if he dies, then she is free from the law that bound her to him. 3 So then, if she lives with another man while her husband is alive, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is legally a free woman and does not commit adultery if she marries another man. 4 That is how it is with you, my friends. As far as the Law is concerned, you also have died because you are part of the body of Christ; and now you belong to him who was raised from death in order that we might be useful in the service of God. 5 For when we lived according to our human nature, the sinful desires stirred up by the Law were at work in our bodies, and all we did ended in death. 6 Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners. No longer do we6 serve in the old way of a written law, but in the new way of the Spirit.
Law and Sin
7 Shall we say, then, that the Law itself is sinful? Of course not! But it was the Law that made me know what sin is. If the Law had not said, “Do not desire what belongs to someone else,” I would not have known such a desire. 8 But by means of that commandment sin found its chance to stir up all kinds of selfish desires in me. Apart from law, sin is a dead thing. 9 I myself was once alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life, 10 and I died. And the commandment which was meant to bring life, in my case brought death. 11 Sin found its chance, and by means of the commandment it deceived me and killed me.12 So then, the Law itself is holy, and the commandment is holy, right, and good." (Romans 7: 1-12).
Here our passage explains to us that the knowledge of the Law made us to know what is sin.
If there was no law like "You should not fornicate" we would not have known what is fornication.
Since the law told us about fornication.
We now know what it is.
And we desire to do it. Hence knowledge of a thing makes the capacity or ability of that thing to be possible in our lives.
If we know about Holiness through faith in Christ Jesus then the ability to live holy lives becomes possible inside us.
Hence knowledge is a determinant of what you will be manifesting.
In your life as an individual.
So, more knowledge of Jesus Christ ressurection power in us makes to know that our sinful nature has died a natural death any day a man or woman believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. However there is no vacuum.
Hence those sinful habits which have died is replaced by the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.
Through the sound interpretation of every alphabet, word, characters, persons found in the Whole Holy Bible in line with the God-head, Humanity, Personality, Principles, teachings and Spirit of Jesus Christ.
We now live out the Spirit of Jesus Christ as our new nature.
So all we need to do after receiving Jesus Christ as Lord is to acquire consistent knowledge of who he is in our lives every passing second then those abilities will start manifesting as we live in the Holy Spirit and all sinful habits ceases to manifest. We become perfected in Christ Jesus
"I get understanding of your precepts therefore I hate every Ungodly way" (Psalm 119:104)
Hence we move from death (biological death) to life (Heavenly Home) without judgement (John 5:24)
May the Holy Spirit give us the Grace to meditate and grow in the sound knowledge of his Word every passing second of our lives till death in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Reglion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / 2000 Drug Addicts Rehabilitated By Pastor Adeboye - INFORMATION NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.