Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? (7089 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Why Are White People ''expats'' When The Rest Of Us Are ''immigrants''? / Which Area In Lagos Is The Best To Reside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2010
Hello Nairalander! I have been dreaming of living in Canada since i was 10yrs old, I think now is the time to take action. I need someone here to please explain everything I'll need to get there. The only thing i have out of things needed for traveling is just My INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT, so apart from this i want someone to please explain to me in details those things needed for traveling to Canada, including amount of money needed for the processing. I'll appreciate if I can get reply soon
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by r231(m): 12:31pm On Mar 11, 2010
hmmmm

i think you need to go 2 d canadian embassy for that info

or else you going to fall into peoples hand and lose whateva you got
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by parislomo(f): 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2010
I've been dreaming of relocating to Canada a lot lately. . . I need to visit their embassy to know wassup
smiley smiley
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
@parislomo when you come back please email me the details at dsechustler@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2010
Travelling to Canada's one thing, settling there permanently is quite something else.

Where are you currently residing, and what passport do you hold?
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2010
It isn't really difficult to o to Canada but your profession and getting a job permit will play a significant role. Find out lots more on that. wink
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by parislomo(f): 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2010
mrcharlott:

@parislomo when you come back please email me the details at dsechustler@yahoo.com

Ce n'est pas un problème. Will let you know my findings.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2010
@poster
i think you should first say that you want to go and discover Canada before talking about living there permanently.
what you have in mind might be completely different to what you may experience on the ground.
if you never been in a COLD country then wait till you get your first snowy winter before talking about moving there "for ever".

also it will be good if you have "something legal" to do if you ever get there, something that may give you the possibility to stay there permanently.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 2:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Siena I lives in Nigeria presently and I hold the regular e-passport (ECOWAS), So please i need your advice.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Delta007(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2010
Get all your info here: www.cic.gc.ca
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2010
@MRbrownJAY I feel like going to Canada and school but i don't have all the schooling requirement, like the money and test of English, though i still have some cash but can never be enough for school processing i.e. School fees, accommodation. So i have someone here in Nigeria who told me about offline Canadian VISA which only take 1month and 2weeks to get and the price is N480k, he also told me it is a conference attending VISA which after getting to Canada, then i can decide to go to the conference or choose not to go, depends on my choice. So where I need Nairalander help now is that, i want to ask if thoroughly there is anything like conference attending VISA and if it is possible to extend VISA in Canada like He told me. He said that I can extend my VISA with little Canadian dollar. Please help me out and also if there is another thing i can do to get there apart from His own, i don't mind if it is work or studying, just inform. Nigeria is not just paying for me.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
@parislomo Je vous en seront reconnaissants si vous pouviez que pour moi,
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Delta007 Thanks I'll check it out
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by parislomo(f): 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2010
mrcharlott:

Bon
cool
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by parislomo(f): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2010
Delta007:

You are kind.

wink
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2010
@poster
arrête de rêver!!!!!sans études ni taff, tu as aucune chance d'y mettre les pieds LEGALEMENT!!!!

you see,the way you think has you failing before you even set off for your journey.
go there LEGALLY, get the proper visa and get the proper education to have any chance to get a great job there instead of cleaning dishes.
if your grades aint right in 9ja then GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND GET GOOD GRADES that can help you venture into higher education.
you want to go there with some BS conference visa or whatever you are talking about which will have you run away from cops within a few months and marry some fat ugly chicks out of desperation to stay there.

since it is your dream then do it the right way before it turns into a nightmare. stop listening to agents who will tell you what you want to hear just to get your $$$$. since you said that you want to be there forever, i suggest you look carefully into this before getting your black a$$ deported like so many out there.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2010
OK MRbrownJAY je vais faire comme on dit, mais le gars ne m'a jamais dit de conférence est illégale. Et n'est pas comme si je suis tellement désespérée pour entrer au Canada comme ça, mais juste une situation de choses autour de moi. C'est pour ça que je pense de voyager maintenant, que j'ai quelqu'un qui peut me parrainer.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Delta007(m): 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2010
mrcharlott:

OK MRbrownJAY je vais faire comme on dit, mais le gars ne m'a jamais dit de conférence est illégale. Et n'est pas comme si je suis tellement désespérée pour entrer au Canada comme ça, mais juste une situation de choses autour de moi. C'est pour ça que je pense de voyager maintenant, que j'ai quelqu'un qui peut me parrainer.
grin grin grin Na u sabi. If you like speak Spanish; no agent can guarantee you any Visa; and FYI, there's nothing like a conference Visa. If you have N480k to throw away, I suggest, you give it to a charity organization; that way at least you have someone thanking you genuinely, not some "Visa Agent" smiling to the bank cos of another mugu.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2010
mrcharlott:

si l'agent te fournit un visa de conférence, alors tu ne seras legale au Canada que pendant la durée de cette conférence et quelques jours apres la fin de cette conférence, il faudra sortir du territoire canadien.
je te conseille que tu te procures un visa étudiant avec lequel tu pourras  continuer tes études et surtout pouvoir travailler mi temps, question de voir si tu te plais "coté boulot".

ces agents de visa sont sans scrupules et seraient capable de te laisser au milieu du sahara . ils te raconteront ce que tu veux entendre juste pour t'arnaquer. fais tres attention!!!!
"qui veut aller loin, ménage sa monture."
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by parislomo(f): 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
^^^^^^
Un visa d'étudiant, c'est mieux. c'est risqué faire l'un de conférence.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
PS: un visa de conférence au Canada, ca n'existe pas. pour un Nigerian, c'est visa touriste, etudiant ou business!
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2010
^^^ I didn't think it existed anywhere at all, not just Canada. Sounds like a sure fire recipe to lose money.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by MrCrackles(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2010
mrcharlott:

Hello Nairalander! I have been dreaming of living in Canada since i was 10yrs old, I think now is the time to take action. I need someone here to please explain everything I'll need to get there. The only thing i have out of things needed for traveling is just My INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT, so apart from this i want someone to please explain to me in details those things needed for traveling to Canada, including amount of money needed for the processing. I'll appreciate if I can get reply soon
Keep dreaming. . . .
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 8:45am On Mar 12, 2010
@MRbrownJAY It seems you know much about traveling to Canada? I even guess you are there,
I'll want you to be of help, how exactly do i go about the student VISA, the cost and the procedure?
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Liss: 8:48am On Mar 12, 2010
@ Poster,

Dreams are meant to achieved. However, you don't have to be desperate and do stupid things in your desperation. First go on a fact finding mission and you might be surprised that your dream would change.

Everything you need to know about travelling,visiting,immigrating etc to Canada is available on www.cic.gc.ca just as someone mentioned earlier. You don't even need a representative!

Abeg save that 480k in pursuance of your dream o, make someone no use you do food money!
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 8:51am On Mar 12, 2010
MrCrackles:

Keep dreaming. . . .
lol, i should keep dreaming why saying that?
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 8:59am On Mar 12, 2010
Liss:

@ Poster,

Dreams are meant to achieved. However, you don't have to be desperate and do silly things in your desperation. First go on a fact finding mission and you might be surprised that your dream would change.

Everything you need to know about travelling,visiting,immigrating etc to Canada is available on www.cic.gc.ca just as someone mentioned earlier. You don't even need a representative!

Abeg save that 480k in pursuance of your dream o, make someone no use you do food money!
WHao I really appreciate this post. To be sincere now I have no money to waste anymore. Thank you Nairalander for the advices, if not for you Guys, I would have lost my brother hard earned cash on fake processing. Nairaland is the home of information. I love this community.
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2010
@mrcharlott
contrary to what you believe, i am not in Canada and I've never been there (one cold country is enough for me!!!!)
but like LISS wrote, you can find all informations about the place and its visa restriction online.

here what you can do right now: google CONFERENCE VISA CANADA and you will be pleased to see that it doesnt exist. maybe the guy was going to sell you something different, maybe even a fake visa, who knows?! the catch is to useyour brain about these issues.
if something is too good to be true, it probably isnt!
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by mrcharlott(m): 8:38am On Mar 13, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@mrcharlott
contrary to what you believe, i am not in Canada and I've never been there (one cold country is enough for me!!!!)
but like LISS wrote, you can find all informations about the place and its visa restriction online.

here what you can do right now: google CONFERENCE VISA CANADA and you will be pleased to see that it doesnt exist. maybe the guy was going to sell you something different, maybe even a fake visa, who knows?! the catch is to useyour brain about these issues.
if something is too good to be true, it probably isnt!

Thanks bro, I'll use my brain
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by Busybody2(f): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2010
^^^ Oh ye of little faith, why waste your brain on such mundane thing, your best less stressful way of approaching this, is to not lose hope and keep dreaming like you have already started and was reminded by Mccroaker/Mccrackles. DREAMS DO COME TRUE, YA KNOW, SULE. **rolls eyes**
Re: I Want To Reside In Canada For The Rest Of My Life: What Do I Do? by dangerzone: 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2010
go to their embassy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Application For Right Of Abode On Nigerian Passport / What Does Visa-free Entry Really Mean? / Air Mishap Averted On Ilorin-lagos Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.