Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,635 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours (12198 Views)

Finally I Got That Job. / Share Your Experience On How You Got A Politician To Help You Get A Job / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by adexuxin(m): 8:48am On Oct 15, 2017
Insha,Allah I know my own Job will come soon too.
joblessness pisses me off.
#prayformeLagosbringmemyjob in Dare voice

2 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Articul8(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2017
Soon going to share mine....

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 15, 2017
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by stepo707: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2017
loneatar:
I work at Nigeria embassy in liberia I will say I got my job through a friend of a brother friend to my brother classmate and to me Interview is always disame
what's your qualification?
how many organization have you work with?
who is father,mother brother or sister cheesy(omo see question)?
How did you get here? Etc
So their is nothing like experience
We were loving.na A
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 15, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Bros I troway salute, wawu this is awesome!

Honestly at times I wonder if the almighty created people differently when I come across exploits like yours. grin

Hahahaha @exploits. Who is the exploiter and the exploitee here? grin grin grin
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Deo1986(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2017
i have a job with Agip didn't apply community chance.privilege of an Ikwerre boy.

5 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by PanickMode(m): 10:03am On Oct 15, 2017
Went for an interview in a chemical factory, we were 15 in number, a strict interview was taken, 10 out of the 15 qualified. But the Md insisted he needed only 5 ppl employed. It was now to be judged by luck. So 10 pieces of paper were wrapped written employed and not-exployed, each person was to pick 1 out of the tray. Unfortunately I picked not-employed and the other 4 ppl like me left, but I refused to leave the operational managers office, pretending to be shuffling my feet acting as if I was leaving but I was not moving.. When the manager noticed what I was doing and inquired of my problem, I told her I was waiting to be called back and that am not used to being unlucky, before I could know what was happening, she smiled, thought for a while änd met the general manager. The long and short of it was that I was gainfully absorbed wink, Determination supersits luck

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Sheun001(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2017
PanickMode:
Went for an interview in a chemical factory, we were 15 in number, a strict interview was taken, 10 out of the 15 qualified. But the Md insisted he needed only 5 ppl employed. It was now to be judged by luck. So 10 pieces of paper were wrapped written employed and not-exployed, each person was to pick 1 out of the tray. Unfortunately I picked not-employed and the other 4 ppl like me left, but I refused to leave the operational managers office, pretending to be shuffling my feet acting as if I was leaving but I was not moving.. When the manager noticed what I was doing and inquired of my problem, I told her I was waiting to be called back and that am not used to being unlucky, before I could know what was happening, she smiled, thought for a while änd met the general manager. The long and short of it was that I was gainfully absorbed wink, Determination supersits luck

wow congrats bro
so you were 6 that were employed?

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by PanickMode(m): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2017
Sheun001:

wow congrats bro
so you were 6 that were employed?
Yes o, No.6

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Sheun001(m): 10:44am On Oct 15, 2017
PanickMode:
Yes o, No.6
glory be to God
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by SmartyPants(m): 10:49am On Oct 15, 2017
elChapo1:
that faithful Thursday in october 2014 i got a calling asking to knw if i was at home. The caller then asked me to see him at his Wuse zone 3 office the next day being Friday, that i did with my documents (mind you, this was one of various several visits to this man after nysc in 2010). Fast forward to January 2015, i found myself in the academy where i trained for 6 months. Currently preparing for promotion to the next level. Having carved a niche for myself in intelligence/surveillance/security, I'm looking forward to a better challenge on the global stage.

Wow...id like to perhaps try out that industry...can you give me some clues as to what qualifications are important?
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Acidosis(m): 11:53am On Oct 15, 2017
As a science student, I sat for a "borrowed" (elective) course in my final year. The title of the course is Entrepreneurship and by the time the results were released, I had the highest score (98%). That was the highest I ever had in my entire University days.

Of course, that was how I got my job (entrepreneurship).

5 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by begwong: 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
Mine came from orders from above!
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by ojotobiloba1: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
After months of searching for job, I decided to take a 23k nursery and primary school job last Feb against my heart wishes and was given without no stress .. Lo and behold, my monthly salary worth 42+k at d moment, thanks to two private lessons sandwiched between normal salary.. Thanks to God Almighty

9 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by myk2mic: 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
illitrate:
I enjoyed playing with penetration testing and attempting different hacks for fun. I had a mid experience in coding and played alot with backtrack (now Kali) little did I know that it will land me a job with a very big government somewhere in the middle east.

I posted some exploits I discovered and converted to a gui for lazy people and guess what? an email from a man claiming to be what I never expected landed in my email box asking for my phone number. I obliged and in a few minutes the first international call I ever received came to my phone. We talked and before you know it I was sent $400. I had no passport so I went to secure one. I lived in makurdi so an urgent passport was 25k which I got instantly. I sent the scanned copy out and the next day I got a visa. yes the next day, that fast. My visa and ticket were mailed to me and I landed in dubai the same week. No interviews, and until today no one has even asked to see my certificate. Nowadays the ministry of labor demands certificate attestation before they make employment visas, I was exempted. They said the government does not employ Nigerians, I am exempted. Not my might, not by smartness, Not by qualification but by God's favor. May his name be praised. This is my 7th year as a cyber security, electronics crimes detective.

Allahuakbar. Praise the lord. what ever you call it.

How can I learn PT ,I have been interested in it for a while,but can't seem to find materials to help me out
would u mind mentoring me pls
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
twentyk:
I use to buy vintage shirt at yaba for 1k,then due to recession it got to 1.5k...saw the opportunity to resell to them big boys in my sch,departments nd even indigen who wanna belong... I deal with the buyer 4 yaba and we agreed to sell it 4 me at 1k per shirt and i resell most times for as high as 4.5 depending on the colour nd design...d highest i sold was 5,500 to a yahoo boy who i met at a party,though it was my best shirt and i had originally kept it for me...flat price is 2.5 and some of my old G get it for 1.5 nd my real bloods get it for free sometime...im not particularly business savvy but i just love to make DEALS...
Now i got another place where i could get the material for as low as 500(dope ass material)and sow it myself... Waiting for graduation list and im currently learning how to cut hair(barbing)..after that na tailoring Asap..
I have never thought about working for someone or in one office etc...i Simply won't work,i like to be free and wanna laugh and enjoy myself all the time while working....
Now i been thinking seriously about agriculture,well everyone must eat na...so i choose benue for Nysc(food basket of the nation)plus i heard food dey waste there...lets mix with the locals and see things firsthand and look for ways to make money....

Im kinda lazy and lost interest when im doing something uninteresting also i can't sit for long in a place hence i get bored.and a bored me is very very useless...oh im also a dope ass footballer,i always which i had people put me on camera for the world to see so it won't look like say i dey make mouth.was in the Nigerian u17 camp in abuja in 2013 before i was screened out,played for 'cod' and 36 lion before i got admition the now super eagles keeper Dele was my teammate use to score him anyhow now he dey super eagles...well i rest my pen...

May 20- June 20 which is your birthday?
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by DANNED(m): 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
Saw the vacancy online. Can't really remember if I saw it first here on nairaland or elsewhere.
I submitted my CV and credentials , got an invite for written test. I passed the test and was invited for documentation, and that is it. (all this happened within a space of 4 months)
Some of my friends and relatives didn't believe me when I told them I got the job without anybody's help, because it's a state government job.
With God all things are possible.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
stepo707:

We were loving.na A
I will love to understand what you write
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by ILuvMerije(f): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
Saw the advert here on Nairaland, applied, I was called after some weeks, after series of tests and interview, I was given an appointment letter, and that was how I relocated. Glory to God. Jesus did it.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Welrez(m): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2017
Got a call from a friend if l would love to pick up a lecturing position. Didn't hesitate in indicating interest. Posted my papers the following day, was called for an interview, passed the interview effortlessly and was called to resume a few days after. Still on it.

3 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by stepo707: 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
loneatar:
I will love to understand what you write
Tot u stay in liberia.u sud understand Thier colloquial

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by mkoabiola: 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
Thanks to sugar mummy I met
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by GODSMILEFOREVER: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Bros I troway salute, wawu this is awesome!

Honestly at times I wonder if the almighty created people differently when I come across exploits like yours. grin
HE said in HIS word that HE will have Mercy on whom HE will have Mercy.
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Celsony: 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
illitrate:
I enjoyed playing with penetration testing and attempting different hacks for fun. I had a mid experience in coding and played alot with backtrack (now Kali) little did I know that it will land me a job with a very big government somewhere in the middle east.

I posted some exploits I discovered and converted to a gui for lazy people and guess what? an email from a man claiming to be what I never expected landed in my email box asking for my phone number. I obliged and in a few minutes the first international call I ever received came to my phone. We talked and before you know it I was sent $400. I had no passport so I went to secure one. I lived in makurdi so an urgent passport was 25k which I got instantly. I sent the scanned copy out and the next day I got a visa. yes the next day, that fast. My visa and ticket were mailed to me and I landed in dubai the same week. No interviews, and until today no one has even asked to see my certificate. Nowadays the ministry of labor demands certificate attestation before they make employment visas, I was exempted. They said the government does not employ Nigerians, I am exempted. Not my might, not by smartness, Not by qualification but by God's favor. May his name be praised. This is my 7th year as a cyber security, electronics crimes detective.

Allahuakbar. Praise the lord. what ever you call it.

Na so bro, when GOD don pick your call it must surely bear fruits. You study computer science in school?

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by Humbleamanda(f): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
Mine was in 2013, then, I was working with one pharmaceutical company as their microbiologist in quality control dept. (my first job). The problem I had with them was they don't pay salary as at when due. I knew about another pharmaceutical company that is doing far better than the one I was with. On November 2013, I went there with my cv, fortunately for me, I met with their superintendent pharmacist, he collected my cv, told there was no vacancy. Fast forward to January 2014, I got a call from them, telling to come for interview. The first interview was like a friendly chat conducted by the departmental manager. Same goes, when I was called for second interview, to crown it all, I got the job with a good salary, even with accommodation.
Though I am no longer with company cos I got married in June this year and relocate to Lagos where my hubby resides, I really enjoyed my stay with them.

Still looking forward for a good company like that here in Lagos by God's grace, I know I will get there some day.

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by maworld: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
I was 35WEEKS pregnant when I got called for an interview in a well paying bank. I almost didn't go but for my husband,abi which bank go employ heavy preggo. On the D day,as I was about presenting, a female panelist looked at me and said "are you sure you can work,you look fragile,about to drop that baby. I smiled and answered,yes I can,i am currently working in a telecom company but am here because banking is my first love.
Summary, I really did not like my telecom job but for the fact that I was gainfully employed changed the tone of my banking interview. I got both jobs via nairaland.
Never despise any job or pay. Every experience counts.
Throw your bread upon the water.......

5 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by MOSICATED5(m): 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
I got my formal Job as a marketer so easy as most people don't like marketing job. I work for almost three years as a marketer and front office personnel before resigning as I could no longer cope, am currently looking out for another. Anyone with any open post for a graduate entry should let me know plssss

1 Like

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by codedope(m): 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
mustafa006:
As the former head of the unemployed youth association of nairaland I got my job through connection from oga at the top
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by fvckme(f): 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
I will tell you my Story how I got employed and why my monicker is strange
Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by ffrreeee(f): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
Had a job immediately after NYSC, though not my dream job. After some months, a friend came visiting at my place of work. Then, she told me I can't be working there. She collected my credentials that same day, went to her house and prepared a CV for me. She brought my appointment letter two weeks after. No interview, nothing from me. That was how I got my dream job. So miraculous.

5 Likes

Re: Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours by babapressy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
Good testimonies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Self-employed Vs Employee, Which Is Best? / When Is The Best Time To Look For Job In Nigeria? / Premier Breweries Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.