Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? (523 Views)

Help!!!! My Birds Are Dieing / Please Help My Fishes Are Dieing / CRUSHED NOODLES FOR Fishes And poultry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by Kowemonday(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2017
Good morning house,
i hatched some fishes last week Tuesday, and the thing was very successful but on the 3rd day they started dieing. Den i moved some into some bowls nd those one were stable while the once in the tank were still dieing. thinking maybe there is bacteria in the tank, i moved everything into bowls and wash the tank with formaline and detergent, place it under the sun for hours den rinse it very well.
I moved them back and treated the with Bicabonate nd tetracycline, nd they ve been doing fine.
Today the sixth day after the treatment they ve started dieing again.
Now I've moved them into bowls again. Pls farmers what can i do? I've not given them anything nor wash the tank.
N.B--(its a white plastic tank.)
Re: My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by Slayer2: 9:20am On Oct 14, 2017
Hahahahahah. Sorry o op.

Let me write a letter to them for you.

"Dear fishes I am writing this letter on behalf of my friend "dear op" that you people should stop dying because he loves you all very much and by doing you are shattering his heart and feelings, please stop dying - signed- management-"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by danieljessy: 9:23am On Oct 14, 2017
Maybe you are not feeding them properly
Recession is hitting them hard grin
Re: My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by matrixme(m): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2017
Did you check the pH of the water? Have you siphoned unhatched eggs afterwards? Are you running constant flow through? What did you feed them with and as at when?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by bigtt76(f): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2017
Possible the water tank is releasing some chemical when exposed to the sun. Change your entire tank and see if they survive.

matrixme:
Did you check the pH of the water? Have you siphoned unhatched eggs afterwards? Are you running constant flow through? What did you feed them with and as at when?
Re: My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by GogetterMD(m): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2017
matrixme:
Exactly. Did you do a water analysis before breeding? The fingerings are very sensitive to water electrolyte content and pH. Oxygenation and overcrowding might be another issue
Re: My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by SaintMorris: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2017
Kowemonday:
Good morning house,
i hatched some fishes last week Tuesday, and the thing was very successful but on the 3rd day they started dieing. Den i moved some into some bowls nd those one were stable while the once in the tank were still dieing. thinking maybe there is bacteria in the tank, i moved everything into bowls and wash the tank with formaline and detergent, place it under the sun for hours den rinse it very well.
I moved them back and treated the with Bicabonate nd tetracycline, nd they ve been doing fine.
Today the sixth day after the treatment they ve started dieing again.
Now I've moved them into bowls again. Pls farmers what can i do? I've not given them anything nor wash the tank.
N.B--(its a white plastic tank.)
So you washed the thank with formalin and detergent? grin cheesy Next time don't do that, use wood ash or water only

Now to your problem; it may be as a result of:

Low oxygen,
Overpopulation,
Contaminated water I.e chlorinated water
Bad feed

Check this and you'll see changes
Re: My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by Kowemonday(m): 10:09am On Oct 14, 2017
matrixme:

yes i did siphoned it nd always run the flowthrough.
Re: My Frys (fishes) Are Dieing. Pls What Can I Do? by Kowemonday(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2017
[quote author=SaintMorris post=61407418]
So you washed the thank with formalin and detergent? grin cheesy Next time don't do that, use wood ash or water only

Now to your problem; it may be as a result of:

Low oxygen,
Overpopulation,
Contaminated water I.e chlorinated water
Bad feed

Check this and you'll see changes[.

The water is not treated @all, also they started dying even before i started feeding them.
Den the whole thing is indoor i.e. In a dark room.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Large Size Eggs / PKN Needed Urgently In Ibadan / Soyabeans @ N130000 Per Ton Available At Abeokuta (farm Gate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.