Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,343 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

My First Escalator Experience - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My First Escalator Experience (515 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My First Escalator Experience by Theminddigest: 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
It was a cool and calm ambience,  and still in the spirit of the festival.  My sister, her husband, my nephews and I decided to visit the mall at Maryland,  Lagos,  Nigeria to see a movie. Getting there, we had to use the escalator. Immediately,  I had goose bumps all over, freezing from my head down to the feet.

“What is this?  I have never done this before”  I said to myself. 

Anyways,  I had to. So it was judgment time. I studied and carefully analyze the movement, watching people go on with it like it’s no big deal at all. As I was still doing my observation,  some guys just came,  it was vividly clear that these guys were regular customers of this locomotive machine. I was intimidated with their actions like a professional.

It was my turn I had to go, and I was carrying my nephew in my hands. I took the first step and I went all inertia,  but gained balance and smooooothhh, up we went and I was off. 

ARE YOU PONDERING WHAT I’M PONDERING. 

This is no difference from life scenarios. At some point in your life, in your business,  in your family,  in your relationship,  you’re going to be hosting some guests of trials,  psychological inflictions and powerful inner inhibitions. But,  they are nothing but just a passing cloud with no bus stop. You’re going to have to use escalators to get to your point of target, that point of you sitting back and enjoy the film at the cinema, and if you refuse to take that one step,  then you’re still at step 1. In one of my quotes I said… 

“Square 1=1, Square 2=1, Square 3=1. Don’t ever apply some mathematical formulae to Life formulae.” 

So,  it’s very much important to be prepared to get all hooked and strained while going up, coupled with confusion and and a blurry vision. 

INTIMIDATORS –  OH! For sure, what other job do they have, than to come and check how mentally stable and ready you are for your task. The #MovingMountain campaign that was organized by the group #OutofNigeria wouldn’t have been recording their success now if they thought of the climate  and en route difficulties. 

From this,  I deduced that intimidators sometimes aren’t just human being with limbs,  intimidators are most times abstract and you can’t just see abstract. Even you might be the one intimidating yourself as a result of shrinking back into your shell not wanting to get out,  if you don’t get out how do you want to get back in? 

“It’s only take one spade of sand to make a heap of sand”

“When you give negativity a loophole,  it widens and make up a dungeon”

CAREFULLY OBSERVING 

From my story above,  I took up the observation process to see the movement of the escalator, even though I felt shivers when I first put my legs on it,  I still stood tall and enjoyed the cruise up. 

Observation is a very great approach to winning any task. If you’ve seen the movie ‘marcopolo’,  you would believe in the power and efficiency of observation and strategies.

“Failure to observe is a prerequisite to abject failure” 

Therefore, always make a precipitation and duly observe. Make plans and work towards them,  that’s how planning works. 

Your observations should also have markings,  when to move and when to rest,  when to stand and when to sit all depends on you. 

In my next article I’ll be emphasizing on the O.D.O.C.I technique,  and it’s application to life matters. 

“The ink never dries, but the pen has to be dropped”

Penned by – Abdul Lateef Ridwan (The Mind Digest) 

Email: theminddigest01@gmail.com 

Phone: +2349022956007

cc: Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

Re: My First Escalator Experience by greatmarshall(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

2017 Ranking 100 Most Influential Young Nigerians See List / Salary Very Attractive, Educated And Non Educated / Reset Your Mindset Impossibility Is Just A Matter Of Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.