Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172945 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 7:42am On Feb 25, 2018
AZUH:
poor man
cry cry cry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 9:37am On Feb 25, 2018
Good Morning All and happy Sunday!!!!
Please I was trying to log in to my DS-160 online application this ,only to find out am not able to log in. the error massage am getting is application error.
Is it a general problem? Please I need your response because am almost at the final stage of the application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
Good Morning All and happy Sunday!!!!
Please I was trying to log in to my DS-160 online application this ,only to find out am not able to log in. the error massage am getting is application error.
Is it a general problem? Please I need your response because am almost at the final stage of the application.
Use another browser or delete the cookies on your browser.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2018
seyewest:

Transcript loading.

Got my Visa on a Virgin Passport

Me: Good Morning
VO: your Passport pls (Gave him our passports)
VO: Why are you going to America
Me: my wife's cousin who's a citizen invited us and will be spending Bleep no of days at Bleep place and Bleep place during the visit
VO: what do you do
Me: I work at Bleep company as Bleep position with Bleep responsibilities
VO: Oh you work as a Business Dev. Mgr?
Me: Corrected the CO about my position as Bleep and stated my responsibilities again
Vo: asked for a definition
Me: means xxxxxxx (I made sure i educated him And i saw him smiled)
Vo: are u married
Me: yes with a daughter (carried my daughter. She was sleeping on my shoulders) and stated we are travelling together but my wife had issue with we barcode so she will reschedule her interview
Vo: how many kids do you have
Me: just 1 and we are travelling together with the mother
Vo: have u travelled out of Nigeria b4
Me; not had a reason to cz of my tedious job and that's (I included I just flew in from Bleep place ystday from a reconciliation meeting)
VO: hands over a white paper

Here's my observation
Don't lie
Have genuine intention
Know your job responsibility very well
Comport yourself and represent the info you gave in your dS160.
Above all pray for grace and favour.

No document was asked
No travel history but just God's Grace

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osama10(m): 11:44am On Feb 25, 2018
Toks06:

I travelled with only 2months left but I didn't find it funny/easy.i was taken into an office n grilled 2 good times for about an hour. My luggages were brought n searched n when nothing incriminating was found,I was given to stay past my visa expiry date.i never made the mistake of staying to the date because I knew it was a trap,so be prepared n ready for anything..

grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by petemail2all(m): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.

Beehandz:

Me: my wife's cousin who's a citizen invited us and will be spending Bleep no of days at Bleep place and Bleep place during the visit
Me: Corrected the CO about my position as Bleep and stated my responsibilities again
Me: yes with a daughter (carried my daughter. She was sleeping on my shoulders) and stated we are travelling together but my wife had issue with we barcode so she will reschedule her interview
Me; not had a reason to cz of my tedious job and that's (I included I just flew in from Bleep place ystday from a reconciliation meeting)

Here's my observation
Don't lie
Have genuine intention

No document was asked

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
Beehandz:

Congrats and how far with your wife visa application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hello guys my agent just booked my flight. My flight is scheduled to land at Doha International Airport (Qatar airways), then after a 9 hours lay over, we will land at Chicago O'Hare Airport. Abeg na my first time to travel abroad and my first time to enter Aeroplane. Any advice for me? I fit charge my phone for plane? e dey get free WiFi? what and what should I do and not do? thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
johnpoko:
Hello guys my agent just booked my flight. My flight is scheduled to land at Doha International Airport (Qatar airways), then after a 9 hours lay over, we will land at Chicago O'Hare Airport. Abeg na my first time to travel abroad and my first time to enter Aeroplane. Any advice for me? I fit charge my phone for plane? e dey get free WiFi? what and what should I do and not do? thanks

You can charge on most Arab airlines. Use USB.
Not sure WiFi is free on Qatar may depend on your class of ticket.

There's entertainment I.e TV, movies
I'd say eat before your flight...airplane food is small.
Relax
Use transit time to rest and catch up on messages. Most airports have free WiFi. Find a place to sit and rest near your boarding gate there are always officials around who can help me you locate your transfer gate. Some airports have wash facilities and toilets. Keep your valuables with you always even when sleeping. Thieves dey everywhere.

Enjoy the view and take pics...you wont be the first person to fly so please enjoy your first time .

Since you'll have 2 long flights plan yo get some sleep in the air. Jetlag is serious so take the opportunity to sleep when you can.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ess: 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
salsera:

Relax
Use transit time to rest and catch up on messages. Most airports have free WiFi. Find a place to sit and rest near your boarding gate there are always officials around who can help me you locate your transfer gate. Some airports have wash facilities and toilets. Keep your valuables with you always even when sleeping. Thieves dey everywhere.

Enjoy the view and take pics...you wont be the first person to fly so please enjoy your first time .

Since you'll have 2 long flights plan yo get some sleep in the air. Jetlag is serious so take the opportunity to sleep when you can.

Good set of advise there...however dont over eat before your flight with foods that can be toxic to your bele.
I and my friend once took a bottle of coke each about 2 hours to our flight and we suffered the whole flight and the transit airport with running stomache.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ess:

Good set of advise there...however dont over eat before your flight with foods that can be toxic to your bele.
I and my friend once took a bottle of coke each about 2 hours to our flight and we suffered the whole flight and the transit airport with running stomache.

Coke...soda drinks can be like that.
Good point
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thanks so much @ Seyewest it has started working

seyewest:

Use another browser or delete the cookies on your browser.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2018
Beehandz:

Here's my observation
Don't lie
Have genuine intention

No document was asked

sounds nice . Your appearance matters . That's what I think , I know you look good on yourself that's the reason .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
salsera:

Relax

. thanks oh. thieves ke? make den no try me I go just break pesin head �

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
1. Keep all your important documents in your hand lugage e.g. passport, hotel booking etc
2. Charge your phone till 100%
3. Confirm if you will have hotel for the long layover.
4. Don't eat what you don't know o. But what's the fun in not trying new stuff.
5. DELETE ALL YOUR WHATSAPP MESSAGES and SMS's and SIGN OUT OF ALL SOCIAL MEDIA APPS.
6. Don't make new friends on your flight, the last thing you want is being mistaken for an accomplice for a drug mule. Don't hold anybody's bags, old women included.
7. Have fun. The flight is part of the holiday.

johnpoko:

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
1. Keep all your important documents in your hand lugage e.g. passport, hotel booking etc
5. DELETE ALL YOUR WHATSAPP MESSAGES and SMS's and SIGN OUT OF ALL SOCIAL MEDIA APPS.
6. Don't make new friends on your flight, the last thing you want is being mistaken for an accomplice for a drug mule. Don't hold anybody's bags, old women included.

KaptainAfrika:

KaptainAfrika:

Thanks a lot. Please expantiate on number 5.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 7:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
I once read a post where a woman was sent back, because there were some disturbing videos on her phone from whatsapp for example videos of terrorists cutting peoples head, that is usually sent on whatsapp. Basically, the crap people send to each other here in Nigeria, on whatsapp could be a red flag. So better to be safe than sorry, I usually just delete all my whatsapp messages.

johnpoko:
[i][/i]
Thanks a lot. Please expantiate on number 5.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
I once read a post where a woman was sent back, because there were some disturbing videos on her phone from whatsapp for example videos of terrorists cutting peoples head, that is usually sent on whatsapp. Basically, the crap people send to each other here in Nigeria, on whatsapp could be a red flag. So better to be safe than sorry, I usually just delete all my whatsapp messages.

oh thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
johnpoko:

oh thanks a lot
You may be able to get free hotel+transit visa courtesy of Qatar airlines since your layover is more than 8 hours, (provided there was no earlier connection). Check with the airline staff when you checkin or inside the plane. They will let you know how to go about this "bonus".

@Delete all Whatsapp messages. I don't delete mine: some messages are important to keep for business. But normally, i don't download many videos, and I delete the videos in any case (they take too much phone space/memory).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oladapson1: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hello, please I need help. I and my wife applied for US Visiting Visa and was interviewed around October 2016, I have travelled fo SA before, Ghana (me and wifey) before we applied for the US Visa but we were denied. Its been over 1 year now, and we are preparing to re-apply. The first time a travel agent packaged the application for us, but now I want to run the application myself.

Can I run the application myself?
Do I need to retrieve any information from the travel agent (User ID, Password) or anything to help me through the new application preparation?
What is out chances this time of getting the Visa?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
KaptainAfrika:

Captain, this is one of your post I will give thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
johnpoko:

oh thanks a lot

In addition, you need to be very careful particularly with your connecting airports (doha, chicago)

Is Chicago your stated POE on your Day 160 form,? If not be prepared for scrutiny. Make sure you have a clear purposes of visit and adequate cash for your visit in case you are asked.

Above all, odi na ka Chukwu! Commit all in prayers.

Safe trip and all the best.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Seunemman077: 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Good evening all

Please I need advice and ideas, I have us interview tomorrow with my wife at Lagos 8am, I have applied before in feb 2016 I was denied at Abuja embassy, I was single den I ddint travel but my passport was stamped by agents, I requested Kenya only to be stamped but the guy stamped other countries like Ghana Togo Benin same day arrival same day exit for the three countries when I was asked about my work cos I work with gtb I was able to respond correctly with confidence but the consular through a question to me asking did I go to Ghana by air or road so I said by air which was supposed to be by road due to the neighboring countries stamped so I was denied

But now I got married last year oct me and wife went to Kenya for one week with my new passport she is also working pls based on my last experience what could be the questions that can be asked due to the issue I had on my passport ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Seunemman077: 11:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
Good evening all

Please I need advice and ideas, I have us interview tomorrow with my wife at Lagos 8am, I have applied before in feb 2016 I was denied at Abuja embassy, I was single den I ddint travel but my passport was stamped by agents, I requested Kenya only to be stamped but the guy stamped other countries like Ghana Togo Benin same day arrival same day exit for the three countries when I was asked about my work cos I work with gtb I was able to respond correctly with confidence but the consular through a question to me asking did I go to Ghana by air or road so I said by air which was supposed to be by road due to the neighboring countries stamped so I was denied

But now I got married last year oct me and wife went to Kenya for one week with my new passport and that's the only country visited for now and the only travel experience on our passport she is also working pls based on my last experience what could be the questions that can be asked due to the issue I had on my passport ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by xwhyz(m): 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
Getting your passport stamped by agents just to circumvent the visa process is fraudulent and could implicate you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Seunemman077: 11:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
@xwhyz I am not using the same passport again this time around I did a new and I went to Kenny truly with my wife can there be any implication from the last interview experience cos
I was given a yellow paper ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Seunemman077: 11:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
Kenya I mean
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by xwhyz(m): 11:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
Irrespective of the colour of the paper it was still a denial under 214b. FYI they have all your past records and travelling to African countries will not increase chances

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 12:16am On Feb 26, 2018
Seunemman077:
Good evening all

But now I got married last year oct me and wife went to Kenya for one week with my new passport and that's the only country visited for now and the only travel experience on our passport she is also working pls based on my last experience what could be the questions that can be asked due to the issue I had on my passport ?

Advice: Let your wife go alone.
"tomorrow"? and you start asking questions at quarter to... na wa for you o.
I hope you have told your wife about your past misrepresentation.

You need to come clean at the interview, tell them you misrepresented before, set your records straight. Not to do this is to court a ban, and most likely no chance at US/Canada visas. Setting the records straight would be an achievement, not a total loss of another N64k.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by johnpoko: 12:20am On Feb 26, 2018
ladylco:

In addition, you need to be very careful particularly with your connecting airports (doha, chicago)

Is Chicago your stated POE on your Day 160 form,? If not be prepared for scrutiny. Make sure you have a clear purposes of visit and adequate cash for your visit in case you are asked.

Above all, odi na ka Chukwu! Commit all in prayers.

Safe trip and all the best.
No, Chicago wasn't my point of entry at my DS 160 form. I'm going to Philly. I have a connecting flight from Chicago to Philly. So I'll just show them the ticket from Chicago airport to Philly right?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 12:36am On Feb 26, 2018
Seunemman077:
@xwhyz I am not using the same passport again this time around I did a new and I went to Kenny truly with my wife can there be any implication from the last interview experience cos
I was given a yellow paper ??

lol some of you think the US immigration is as incompetent as the Nigerian immigration. You will certainly be denied tomorrow... but thanks for the N64K wasted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 1:02am On Feb 26, 2018
johnpoko:

No, Chicago wasn't my point of entry at my DS 160 form. I'm going to Philly. I have a connecting flight from Chicago to Philly. So I'll just show them the ticket from Chicago airport to Philly right?

Perfect then

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.