Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174311 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
Whytelyon:

If you say so. Back to the question, What do you think i might need to qualify for a good United States Visa if I am not married.
Actually qualify...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
Donmatlock:

I login for the past two days but I don't see 2221G nor reschedule. I have called the Consulate they said they will get back to me. Does it mean nobody here has done the process? If it was pretty easy, I won't be asking. Moreover, I did the entire application myself prior to the interview without any challenge.

thats what you will see when you log in, the date pops up when you click to reshedule.am still waiting to see if i will get an earlier date,got the passport n the infamous 221g letter today

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donmatlock: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2018
shrekandfiona:

use the feedback on your profile. send them a mail, attach your passport data page and the 221g form indicating you're unable to schedule for an interview.

They will respond in about 3 days and you'll see dates immediately you log in. Happened to someone close and that was how it was resolved. Best...

Thanks for sharing. I have done that too. They sent a reply that they'll help me out but no words yet.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donmatlock: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2018
Malevonent:

thats what you will see when you log in, the date pops up when you click to reshedule.am still waiting to see if i will get an earlier date,got the passport n the infamous 221g letter today

Hi, I didn't see the schedule follow up button, just the box showing I have picked up my passport. That's why I was worried. Thank you for showing me the images.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by yelinco1(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2018
Hello everyone here,
I am happy to be here. please I need your advice o.

my name is Gbenga.

I plan to visit US for the next Christmas and new year as my birthday also fall between this two festive period and also my annual leave (departure is 23rd)

I got an invitation from a brother in New York and I already booked my interview for Dec. 5.

I have no travel history and my salary is just 179K as an assistant lecturer. I filled my DS160 and I filled married though am yet to legally marry but I already have a wife and a child.

what do I need to boost my success and which documents do I need to go with?

I already have a travel plan as I have gotten a travel itinerary.

Am a little bit scared o.

cc: seyewest
cc: ladyguinivere
cc: others
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by zamony: 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
It was a bad day on 27 Sept.. no body receive White paper..
na blue paper them dey give both family and young buddy going for B1/B2 visa...they only gives out white paper to Old man /woman that want to visit their son/daughter....

Our fellows Nigerians DAT went on B1/B2 visa no return home.
so if u don't have strong tides that will makes you returned home...don't waste your time...Or Else you sees Gods Mercy

having traveling experience is nothing this time at Us Embassy!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2018
yelinco1:
Hello everyone here,
I am happy to be here. please I need your advice o.

my name is Gbenga.

I plan to visit US for the next Christmas and new year as my birthday also fall between this two festive period and also my annual leave (departure is 23rd)

I got an invitation from a brother in New York and I already booked my interview for Dec. 5.

I have no travel history and my salary is just 179K as an assistant lecturer. I filled my DS160 and I filled married though am yet to legally marry but I already have a wife and a child.

what do I need to boost my success and which documents do I need to go with?

I already have a travel plan as I have gotten a travel itinerary.

Am a little bit scared o.

Don't be scared... it's not do or die but with the way I see your ''ties'' it's very very weak.
Get a good travel history and work on your other ties.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by luminio: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2018
Good day all,

i have been a reader for years and i want to say you guyz a doing a great job but i have this question to clarify some lines.

So now that it very difficult to get USA visa for fresher, what about people that were denied before. Can they apply ( what is you advise ) and what should be written in that box ( Reasons for your Denial ).

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eurogee: 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2018
Hello guys, actually love what you guys are doing here.

I have actually been following for sometime now. Please I need expert input in my situation before I make a move.

I was involved in an accident in 2009 which fractured my hip. 2010 I went to India and had hip replacement surgery. And I was told by Indian surgeons that the least life span of the hip is 20years at the end of which it has to be replaced with another hip. Currently I use a crutch to aid my mobility.

This is the 8th year. And I am already feeling some level of uncomfortable with the hip. And this is the reason I am yet to marry at 34yrs of age.

I don't wanna visit India again for the same case since it's not up to the guaranteed 20years and I am already considering a review. I contacted an American hospital who invited me for a review of the surgery.

Mum has arthritis that makes her walking difficult. I am last born. And my siblings are a married. This I told the American hospital and they pledge to arrange who would look after me should in case I end up undergoing another surgery (God forbid).

I work with a logistics company and earn 250,000 monthly with account balance of 8.6million.

Looking at my situation, what's your advice?

Please your opinions will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by casey77(m): 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
seyewest:

Well Done.... and Congrats.. Enjoy your trip.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by yelinco1(m): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
seyewest:

Don't be scared... it's not do or die but with the way I see your ''ties'' it's very very weak.
Get a good travel history and work on your other ties.

OK. thanks but can you tell me other "ties" I need to work on?

I'll appreciate o boss.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by damsy01(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2018
eurogee:
Hello guys, actually love what you guys are doing here.

I have actually been following for sometime now. Please I need expert input in my situation before I make a move.

I was involved in an accident in 2009 which fractured my hip. 2010 I went to India and had hip replacement surgery. And I was told by Indian surgeons that the least life span of the hip is 20years at the end of which it has to be replaced with another hip. Currently I use a crutch to aid my mobility.

This is the 8th year. And I am already feeling some level of uncomfortable with the hip. And this is the reason I am yet to marry at 34yrs of age.

I don't wanna visit India again for the same case since it's not up to the guaranteed 20years and I am already considering a review. I contacted an American hospital who invited me for a review of the surgery.

Mum has arthritis that makes her walking difficult. I am last born. And my siblings are a married. This I told the American hospital and they pledge to arrange who would look after me should in case I end up undergoing another surgery (God forbid).

I work with a logistics company and earn 250,000 monthly with account balance of 8.6million.

Looking at my situation, what's your advice?

Please your opinions will be much appreciated. Thank you.

To the coloured... U mean u hav not touch your salary in 3years..

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 6:13am On Sep 30, 2018
damsy01:

To the coloured... U mean u hav not touch your salary in 3years..

small man, big God, grin grin grin grin i dey joke o.
he may hv other sources of income

@OP, the americans usually dont bother with bank balances - unless for women who want to give birth, its uk and co that do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2018
zamony:
It was a bad day on 27 Sept.. no body receive White paper..
na blue paper them dey give both family and young buddy going for B1/B2 visa...they only gives out white paper to Old man /woman that want to visit their son/daughter....

Our fellows Nigerians DAT went on B1/B2 visa no return home.
so if u don't have strong tides that will makes you returned home...don't waste your time...Or Else you sees Gods Mercy

having traveling experience is nothing this time at Us Embassy!!!

Sir I don’t think your situation represents the reality on ground. B1/B2 visa issuance rate is still about 50% in Nigeria. US visas are not hard to get. The major challenge VO’s in Nigeria encounter is convincing themselves that the applicant in front of them will return after the visit. I still wonder why one will chose to remain in USA illegally on a B visa knowing the restrictions and difficulties they’d encounter getting integrated into the system without the right documentation.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2018
abnot:

Sir I don’t think your situation represents the reality on ground. B1/B2 visa issuance rate is still about 50% in Nigeria. US visas are not hard to get. The major challenge VO’s in Nigeria encounter is convincing themselves that the applicant in front of them will return after the visit. I still wonder why one will chose to remain in USA illegally on a B visa knowing the restrictions and difficulties they’d encounter getting integrated into the system without the right documentation.

You have evidence of the bolded? 50% seems quite high and not in tandem with reality.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Reine22: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2018
sharpman1:

You have evidence of the bolded? 50% seems quite high and not in tandem with reality.

Dropbox approvals included.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
eurogee:

Pele. From what I checked online a hip surgery in the US is quite expensive. I saw $30k minus complications.Then there's Logistics and other expenses.

The procedure would will practically take all your listed funds and would leave you without sufficient motivation to return to Nigeria. You would then be tempted to use the good hip to jump the fence into Canada. Lol. Just wanted you to smile.

Consider alternatives. There are countries that rival the United states in the area of medical technology and are cheaper too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eurogee: 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
Thanks for your response. The hospital in question told me 17500 dollars is the amount for the surgery just in case. Meanwhile, my siblings will also be supporting. Why I am here is to check if I have a compelling reason for visa. Thank you

NothingDoMe:
Pele. From what I checked online a hip surgery in the US is quite expensive. I saw $30k minus complications.Then there's Logistics and other expenses.

The procedure would will practically take all your listed funds and would leave you without sufficient motivation to return to Nigeria. You would then be tempted to use the good hip to jump the fence into Canada. Lol. Just wanted you to smile.

Consider alternatives. There are countries that rival the United states in the area of medical technology and are cheaper too.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
eurogee:
Thanks for your response. The hospital in question told me 17500 dollars is the amount for the surgery just in case. Meanwhile, my siblings will also be supporting. Why I am here is to check if I have a compelling reason for visa. Thank you

I feel at the interview you'll have to justify why you chose the US. You will also have to demonstrate your financial capability to handle escalating costs if, God forbid, complications arise. The VO will also look at your ties before taking a decision on your application.

Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
sharpman1:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/06/09/us-why-we-revoked-visas-of-nigerians-travelling-to-america/

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/AUGUST%202018%20-%20NIV%20Issuances%20by%20Nationality%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nigerians who wish to travel to the United States for legitimate purposes, such as tourism or education, who have every intention of returning to their home country, and have abided by U.S. law on prior visits have nothing to fear Brooks stated.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
abnot:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/06/09/us-why-we-revoked-visas-of-nigerians-travelling-to-america/

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/AUGUST%202018%20-%20NIV%20Issuances%20by%20Nationality%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf

I am asking where you got your 50% from.

Do you have info on number of applications Vs number of visas granted?

Your link doesn't state that.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kbamby: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Good day my fellow Nairalander. This is my 1st time of posting here, though I bumped on this forum through google in 2015. Then I was preparing my wife to go and give birth in the US. I couldn't get appointment for her before her due date so we forfeited the #32,000 visa fee we paid and saved the #2million we budgeted for the project.
Fast forward to 2018, I paid another Visa fee for myself and book an appointment for July 2018.
On the the day, I got to the US Lagos Embassy by 7:30(my appointment time) but ended up joining the 10am batch. I went through all the necessary procedures and eventually queue for the interview. I usually have this superstitious believe of avoiding women conducting interview for me. So my prayers was to be interviewed by a man. But alas when it was my turn I realised a white lady was going to interview me. I had 4 people in front of me and under 10 minutes she had refused all of them. ( the fastest was the lady before me -less than a minute, she was asked her destination 3 times but no response -though she was responding but she was not audible at all, due to fear). Then I heard Next! I move confidently to her cubicle.
Below is the excerpt:
Me: good morning ma.
Vo: morning... your passport
Me: handed it over
Vo: where are u traveling to in the US?
Me: Florida. Orlando Florida
Vo: why?
Me: for vacation & to check out so and so company( I mentioned 2 top companies in Orlando that do same biz I do in Nigeria) to see if we can do one or two things together
Vo: what do you mean by one or two things?
Me: I explained
....:Vo typing....
Vo: you worked for...(she mentioned my company)
Me: yes. I explain the company has a subsidiary and what each company does.
Vo: so which of the company do you work for?
Me: I owned both companies.
.......Vo continued typing....
Vo: the company u want to visit in Orlando, do u want to buy equipment from them?
Me: yes if I see any one I like.
......vo continue typing.....
Vo: how many staff do u have?
Me: 32 consisting of management staff, supervisors and operatives.
......vo typing......
Vo: are you married?
Me: yes with a son and I'm expecting another baby soon.
Vosadpicked up my passport from her table and flipped through )
Have you traveled before?
Me: yes to SA, Swaziland and Kenya.
Vo: continue typing for what looks like eternity and me I just rested on the cubicle for support... meanwhile people were just been refused left and right..
She paused and looked left and right...:the blue paper was at the right hand and white at the left hand...and picked the white paper and circle the address to pick up my visa. I wasn't hearing what she was saying cause I was overjoyed in my heart...just pick up the paper and thanked her.

This is my first time and I have always been praying that I should get the visa at my first attempt and God answered.

My advice are:
*One should followed this Nairaland properly, read through and digest.
*be organised and prepared.
*Dress well
*Be confident and polite
*and lastly be honest especially with your occupation.

Thank you.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donmatlock: 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
Kbamby:
Good day my fellow Nairalander. This is my 1st time of posting here, though I bumped on this forum through google in 2015. Then I was preparing my wife to go and give birth in the US. I couldn't get appointment for her before her due date so we forfeited the #32,000 visa fee we paid and saved the #2million we budgeted for the project.
Fast forward to 2018, I paid another Visa fee for myself and book an appointment for July 2018.
On the the day, I got to the US Lagos Embassy by 7:30(my appointment time) but ended up joining the 10am batch. I went through all the necessary procedures and eventually queue for the interview. I usually have this superstitious believe of avoiding women conducting interview for me. So my prayers was to be interviewed by a man. But alas when it was my turn I realised a white lady was going to interview me. I had 4 people in front of me and under 10 minutes she had refused all of them. ( the fastest was the lady before me -less than a minute, she was asked her destination 3 times but no response -though she was responding but she was not audible at all, due to fear). Then I heard Next! I move confidently to her cubicle.
Below is the excerpt:
Me: good morning ma.
Vo: morning... your passport
Me: handed it over
Vo: where are u traveling to in the US?
Me: Florida. Orlando Florida
Vo: why?
Me: for vacation & to check out so and so company( I mentioned 2 top companies in Orlando that do same biz I do in Nigeria) to see if we can do one or two things together
Vo: what do you mean by one or two things?
Me: I explained
....:Vo typing....
Vo: you worked for...(she mentioned my company)
Me: yes. I explain the company has a subsidiary and what each company does.
Vo: so which of the company do you work for?
Me: I owned both companies.
.......Vo continued typing....
Vo: the company u want to visit in Orlando, do u want to buy equipment from them?
Me: yes if I see any one I like.
......vo continue typing.....
Vo: how many staff do u have?
Me: 32 consisting of management staff, supervisors and operatives.
......vo typing......
Vo: are you married?
Me: yes with a son and I'm expecting another baby soon.
Vosadpicked up my passport from her table and flipped through )
Have you traveled before?
Me: yes to SA, Swaziland and Kenya.
Vo: continue typing for what looks like eternity and me I just rested on the cubicle for support... meanwhile people were just been refused left and right..
She paused and looked left and right...:the blue paper was at the right hand and white at the left hand...and picked the white paper and circle the address to pick up my visa. I wasn't hearing what she was saying cause I was overjoyed in my heart...just pick up the paper and thanked her.

This is my first time and I have always been praying that I should get the visa at my first attempt and God answered.

My advice are:
*One should followed this Nairaland properly, read through and digest.
*be organised and prepared.
*Dress well
*Be confident and polite
*and lastly be honest especially with your occupation.

Thank you.

congratulations! all the best. safe trip
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
It may look tough, but people are getting visas everyday... we just have to stop deceiving ourselves... If you are legit, honest and everything work together in your favour, you would get it...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by supasta(f): 12:31am On Oct 01, 2018
Hello All, there is good news, will return with her transcript when I get the full gist. Thanks.

supasta:
LadyG, Seyewest, other gurus and all good people of nairaland on this thread.... here is a Friend’s transcript from yesterday B1/B2 visa interview.
Applicant: Good morning
VO: no response
Applicant: Hello good morning
VO: Good morning to you, passport please
VO: looks through passport and asked What do you do in the UK?
Applicant: not sure she heard clearly asked What did you say please? (note she has a 5yr UK visa which is only 2months old)
VO: sort of smacking the visa asked again, What do you do in the UK?
Applicant: I visit the UK mainly on holiday
VO: who do you visit?
Applicant: My Uncle
VO: Where are you going in the US?
Applicant: Colorado
VO: Why?
Applicant: For a women conference organized by bleep bleep and it’s tagged bleep bleep
VO: cuts in, You work with bleep bleep coy!
Applicant: Yes I do
VO: Who owns it?
Applicant: My overall Boss Mr bleep bleep
VO: Are you related to him?
Applicant: no I’m not, we only have work relationship
VO: How long have you been working there?
Applicant: it’l be Xyrs by Sept.
VO: What do you work as?
Applicant: As the CSM, and key contact person between my organization and her clients, my duties include but not limited to bleep bleep explained duties
VO: You are not eligible blah blah blah and hands her the blue paper.
Please what do you think happened or didn’t happen at this interview? I couldn’t give her any opinion though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by supasta(f): 12:34am On Oct 01, 2018
Hello LadyG, transcript loading concerning my friend. Happy New Month.

LadyGuinivere:

I think it's a case of nerves. I believe your friend wasn't answering questions properly.
Let her reapply and mention her prior travel history and the fact that she has not overstayed. They will probably cross check and make sure the visa is real.
But before that, make she study the thread and learn how to answer question cos she came out sounding unsure. Hope the UK visa no be fake o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odundun: 5:38am On Oct 01, 2018
Good morning House, I was getting a message that says this receipt number can not be found when trying to book for my visa appointment. Please what could be the reason?
I once created a profile on the appointment page the first time I applied but couldn’t remember the login details so I had to create a new profile but upon that i got a message that my details are associated with a a profile and asked if I would like to transfer and I clicked Ok, I later remembered my old profile details a day after while waiting for approval on the new one and I went ahead to proceed my appointment booking with the old profile but I was getting a message that says my receipt number can’t be found, people in the house, please what could be the reason? Thanks all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 6:27am On Oct 01, 2018
so has anyone being successful at getting an earlier date-- say dec/jan for the dropbox interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
jj17cv:
Nigerians who wish to travel to the United States for legitimate purposes, such as tourism or education, who have every intention of returning to their home country, and have abided by U.S. law on prior visits have nothing to fear Brooks stated.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
jj17cv:

Lies, my aunt who is well traveled and has properties in Nigeria was refused recently. People should stop dashing these US embassy folks money, they are not giving visas like before

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amoj4682: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
I concur

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.