Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174546 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
Please what's the process like for getting interview date for An Immigrant VISA after approved filing... Please I need help on this...I need the step by step process to secure an interview date for an Immigrant VISA

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
cris83:

I am in the Same boat as you. I submitted my passport as well as my moms for renewal. This was our second renewal. The B1/B2 visas expired June of this year. I submitted both passports for dropbox on the 22nd November. i checked CEAC website for status update and it says case opened 23rd November and case last updated 23rd November. I then sent an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com to check the status from there and response was THERE IS NO STATUS UPDATE FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER SUBMITTED. today is 13th December and i am worried as to what is happening.

Start checking from 23 dec
I submitted 5th November and my status changed 6th December and I recieved 10th December

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 1:06am On Dec 14, 2018
Hello house, please I need some clarifications. My passport will expire come July next year can I renew my visa this December/January? Even though my intended date of travel is July next year or renew my passport before visa renewal?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:15am On Dec 14, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

She dey vacay for my house make una allow am enjoy this cool weather grin
Hello @ Iyaaliyah o. I hail. I yam hustling in the streets ehhhhh. Looking for Christmas money up and dan.. Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oloriakolade: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2018
Good morning house, kindly help me with this,i collected my first USA visa in 2003,travelled with my family once and I have been the one going alone,went for an interview in 2006, been traveling alone since then,travelled last year for 10days ,submitted for renewal now and i have been scheduled for an interview,has anyone experienced this and what advice can I get before I go in for this interview. I'm the wife to a ruling king, I also export Charcoal to Europe and a grandmother.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:31am On Dec 14, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Hello @ Iyaaliyah o. I hail. I yam hustling in the streets ehhhhh. Looking for Christmas money up and dan.. Lol

Missing you ooooo @LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2018
Oloriakolade:
Good morning house, kindly help me with this,i collected my first USA visa in 2003,travelled with my family once and I have been the one going alone,went for an interview in 2006, been traveling alone since then,travelled last year for 10days ,submitted for renewal now and i have been scheduled for an interview,has anyone experienced this and what advice can I get before I go in for this interview. I'm the wife to a ruling king, I also export Charcoal to Europe and a grandmother.

It's pertinent to say here to All that dropbox / renewal doesn't automatically mean you will not be called foe an Interview. Embassy site says you 'may' be called for an interview. Its their choice to waive the interview or not.

Just prepare for an interview...others have shared their experiences so just search.

Go to google type dropbox interview nairaland

A number of search findings will show up

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2018
ebonychic18:
Hello house, please I need some clarifications. My passport will expire come July next year can I renew my visa this December/January? Even though my intended date of travel is July next year or renew my passport before visa renewal?

That depends on the interview date or not .
I believe your passport that you travel with needs to have at least 6months validated before you travel
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lexycool01(m): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
Is anybody aware about any airline with cheap ticket or any promotional offer to US. I have searched and the fees are high.
THANKS
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cheerios: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please all..help out..i got stucked while filling my ds 160.what do i fill in primary occupation? Couldn't find an option to best describe my job..i work in a logistics firm as junior operations Manager..how do i input this.?thankx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by flourishing247: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
lexycool01:
Is anybody aware about any airline with cheap ticket or any promotional offer to US. I have searched and the fees are high.
THANKS
Check jumiatravelng

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
Yeanca:
Please what's the process like for getting interview date for An Immigrant VISA after approved filing... Please I need help on this...I need the step by step process to secure an interview date for an Immigrant VISA

Thanks

Depends on your visa category it could be 2.5 years to 20years
Read up on visajourneyforum

Or this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3979737/nvc-processing-stage-u-family/42#73853165
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 15, 2018
seyewest:

Missing you ooooo @LadyG

@seyewest! Please how do i use booking.com as my contact in the usa when filling the ds-160? Since i have no contact there? And also can i get cheap hotels close to the statue of liberty or landmark..thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cheerios: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
cheerios:
Please all..help out..i got stucked while filling my ds 160.what do i fill in primary occupation? Couldn't find an option to best describe my job..i work in a logistics firm as junior operations Manager..how do i input this.?thankx

Here all options.
Primary Occupation
AGRICULTURE
ARTIST/PERFORMER
BUSINESS
COMMUNICATIONS
COMPUTER SCIENCE
CULINARY/FOOD SERVICES
EDUCATION
ENGINEERING
GOVERNMENT
HOMEMAKER
LEGAL PROFESSION
MEDICAL/HEALTH
MILITARY
NATURAL SCIENCE
NOT EMPLOYED
PHYSICAL SCIENCES
RELIGIOUS VOCATION
RESEARCH
RETIRED
SOCIAL SCIENCE
STUDENT
OTHER

Even if i select other,i'm still prompted to fill specifics
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 9:17pm On Dec 15, 2018
cheerios:

What are the available options?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cheerios: 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
TheCongo2:

What are the available options?

Here all options.
Primary Occupation
AGRICULTURE
ARTIST/PERFORMER
BUSINESS
COMMUNICATIONS
COMPUTER SCIENCE
CULINARY/FOOD SERVICES
EDUCATION
ENGINEERING
GOVERNMENT
HOMEMAKER
LEGAL PROFESSION
MEDICAL/HEALTH
MILITARY
NATURAL SCIENCE
NOT EMPLOYED
PHYSICAL SCIENCES
RELIGIOUS VOCATION
RESEARCH
RETIRED
SOCIAL SCIENCE
STUDENT
OTHER
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 11:10pm On Dec 15, 2018
salsera:

That depends on the interview date or not .
I believe your passport that you travel with needs to have at least 6months validated before you travel
thanks salsera
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2018
dejive:

@seyewest! Please how do i use booking.com as my contact in the usa when filling the ds-160? Since i have no contact there? And also can i get cheap hotels close to the statue of liberty or landmark..thanks

register on booking dotcom and look for the right hotel.. and make your reservation (Make sure you can cancel your room at any time)

The contact you will use is the hotel name.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 16, 2018
seyewest:

register on booking dotcom and look for the right hotel.. and make your reservation (Make sure you can cancel your room at any time)

The contact you will use is the hotel name.

Tanx a million sir..one more question pls...do i need to wait till days b4 the interview before booking the hotel or i book it from now even if interview is 5months away?God bless!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwa234: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2018
dejive:

Tanx a million sir..one more question pls...do i need to wait till days b4 the interview before booking the hotel or i book it from now even if interview is 5months away?God bless!

You can book ahead. You only need to make sure you can cancel the booking if you need to without having to pay any charges.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2018
dejive:

Book ahead, you'll need the information when you fill the form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
oluwa234:

You can book ahead. You only need to make sure you can cancel the booking if you need to without having to pay any charges.

Tanx alot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Book ahead, you'll need the information when you fill the form

Ok cool. .tanx so much ma'am..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2018
dejive:

do hotel reservation before you submit the DS160 form.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by executivegej: 12:26am On Dec 17, 2018
Can I get an interview date in one week?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by talk2dekky(f): 4:50am On Dec 17, 2018
If you have a good reason, you can expedite your appointment date and get one.

executivegej:
Can I get an interview date in one week?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ntutu(m): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
Was able to book my appointment.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
ntutu:
Was able to book my appointment.

It looks like several days are now open.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by buzitins: 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
I am in same issue with you. Have you finally gotten yours? I submitted on 26th Nov and till now nothing yet. Case last updated is 27th Nov...It has past the 15business working days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cris83: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2018
buzitins:
I am in same issue with you. Have you finally gotten yours? I submitted on 26th Nov and till now nothing yet. Case last updated is 27th Nov...It has past the 15business working days.

NO update. Same thing here. Submitted 22nd Nov, case last update 23rd. Someone advised i check after a month as the same thing happened with him so lets be patient some more...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dolapo35: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hello Everyone
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by buzitins: 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
Alright please just keep me posted when you collect yours and I will surely do same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.