Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1175271 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
seyewest:

She's good and very busy.

Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
GENTLENNAJI:
u ban me twice for posting my transcript here shocked

You don't know who banned you, definitely not me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Blackfinegirl(f): 9:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
Zozo22:
Good day guys, i am a medical student schooling in ukraine i came back to nigeria two years ago and got my usa b1/b2 visa but with my father who ive been having issues with due to the fact the he wasnt leaving up to the expectations of a father, ive visited the usa 2 times with my b1/b2 visa from ukraine where i school and ive never spent more than 3 weeks per the 2 visits..... i found out last year september that my father travelled to usa with his own visa and as a correct nigerian has refused to come back ... i am really worried because ive been hearing that it could affect me when i want to do my drop box renewal which i have to do anytime from now ..,My question is
1)could his action of being an illegal affect me during my own dropbox renewal eventhough, ive never overstayed or commited any crime inside or outside the USA, and i do not intend to ?
2) In the application form where it askes to state your parents,theres a subquestion that askes “Is this parent currently in the Usa” what do i put here?
3) lastly during my first application in which i got the visa , i wrote that he’ll (my father) be paying for my trip, now can i change it to my MUM or myself... will that cause red flags?
Honestly if i had know,i wouldnt have gone for the interview with him because he sweet talked me into it,making it seem like as though he was trynna cover up for missed fatherly moments as a kid... so i went with it.... now look what his putting me through..... anyadvice in my case would be very much appreciated

You just need to convince the vo you will come back. And if they ask you about your fathers trip, please say the truth.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kuljiyke(m): 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2019
I have booked an appointment in Abuja I live in Lagos please I will like anybody that has attended interview in Abuja to hint me about it, and I will like to know about Abuja and Lagos who issue visa easily. Please house I hope to hear from you soon
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kuljiyke(m): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2019
Please house when I was filling my application I indicated an hotel and the address, I want to know if I should book the hotel before the interview or?, My interview is next month, please I need an urgent respond
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Newbiein2016: 5:33am On Mar 24, 2019
Updated post as question posed has been answered multi pages back.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 5:40am On Mar 24, 2019
kuljiyke:
Please house when I was filling my application I indicated an hotel and the address, I want to know if I should book the hotel before the interview or?, My interview is next month, please I need an urgent respond
yes,go ahead and book the hotel.try www.booking.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jkzie(m): 5:50am On Mar 24, 2019
[left]Good morning Nairalanders and happy Sunday...

Please i have a professional conference at boston, at the ending of August. I actually planned to apply for visa after i must have make payment for conference fee by first week of May. Hope it is possible to obtain appointment date for interview before August, what's the closest possible date i can book for interview if i apply for conference visa by May?

My Professional body request if i haven't gotten a visa yet, i should apply for visa through them... How is this done? (Though, i sent a mail in respect to this but haven't gotten any response till date).

Mind you, i can't apply for visa if i haven't paid for the conference fee...

A friend said if i don't apply on time, the possible date of interview i can get, might possibly be after August if i apply by May...
Please i need your help by looking at these situations of mine and how i can possibly improvise.
Don't wanna miss this international Professional Conference(comes once in every 3 years) , is part of an ungrade on my professional status.

In full anticipation of your profound response. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kuljiyke(m): 7:51am On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks, can I book the hotel through that I didn't see it in that website
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kuljiyke(m): 7:52am On Mar 24, 2019
carnal:
yes,go ahead and book the hotel.try www.booking.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zozo22: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

You just need to convince the vo you will come back. And if they ask you about your fathers trip, please say the truth.

When filling the Dropbox what do I put here , as am really scared ... things like this just discourage one from ever wanting to do things with family at times

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by prodigyhenry: 10:09am On Mar 24, 2019
Hi guys I have a visiting visa that would expire by may but I'll be interested in travelling later in the year. How do I get another visa and must I go through interview again? PS. I travelled with the visa just once
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jkzie(m): 10:22am On Mar 24, 2019
jkzie:
[left]Good morning Nairalanders and happy Sunday...

Please i have a professional conference at boston, at the ending of August. I actually planned to apply for visa after i must have make payment for conference fee by first week of May. Hope it is possible to obtain appointment date for interview before August, what's the closest possible date i can book for interview if i apply for conference visa by May?

My Professional body request if i haven't gotten a visa yet, i should apply for visa through them... How is this done? (Though, i sent a mail in respect to this but haven't gotten any response till date).

Mind you, i can't apply for visa if i haven't paid for the conference fee...

A friend said if i don't apply on time, the possible date of interview i can get, might possibly be after August if i apply by May...
Please i need your help by looking at these situations of mine and how i can possibly improvise.
Don't wanna miss this international Professional Conference(comes once in every 3 years) , is part of an ungrade on my professional status.

In full anticipation of your profound response. Thanks

Please i in depthly need ur assistance on this ☝️☝️☝️
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 10:37am On Mar 24, 2019
kuljiyke:

the hotel you filled in your form don't have website/reservation page?if not then book a new one for same date on www.booking.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 10:40am On Mar 24, 2019
Zozo22:

When filling the Dropbox what do I put here , as am really scared ... things like this just discourage one from ever wanting to do things with family at times
i understand your troubles however your answer is YES, the details of your dad is automatically alongside your own
all you need to do is come clean with the VO, this is never your fault,you can't control him he's an adult and made his own decision

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by babylawyr(f): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2019
Good morning Zozo22,

Really, how difficult is it to say the truth?

I thought you stated in your post that your father is in the US? So why don't you just say so in the form? They have your fathers records anyways.

Note also that you and your father are separate and distinct individuals and will be treated as such.

It is not unlikely that the fact that your father abused his visa may raise reasonable doubt in the mind of the VO that you will do the same, but it is always always always better to say the truth, especially as these VOs are not joking around and possibly already know that your father has not existed the US or already filed for extension or something.

Trust me it's better to be denied with option to retry than to be ban for telling an obvious lie.

If I were you, I will want to go for the interview (if applicable) knowing that no question asked will throw me off, raise my heart rate or make me stutter.

Happy Sunday!!!

Zozo22:

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 10:46am On Mar 24, 2019
jkzie:

where do you plan to go for interview,lagos or Abuja?you can still get in May for Abuja as at my last check today while for now mid-july for Lagos.these dates might change considering the volume of applicants but am sure you will get a date before August

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by carnal: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2019
kuljiyke:
I have booked an appointment in Abuja I live in Lagos please I will like anybody that has attended interview in Abuja to hint me about it, and I will like to know about Abuja and Lagos who issue visa easily. Please house I hope to hear from you soon
Lagos issue more however Abuja offers a calmer environment compare to the crowd in lagos but with God everything is possible.i got mine(twice) from Abuja

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by prodigyhenry: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2019
prodigyhenry:
Hi guys I have a visiting visa that would expire by may but I'll be interested in travelling later in the year. How do I get another visa and must I go through interview again? PS. I travelled with the visa just once

Can someone please say something about this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 11:10am On Mar 24, 2019
Is your father not in the US? They already have that information
Zozo22:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 11:12am On Mar 24, 2019
Apply and do drop box. You might be granted without a 221g follow up interview
prodigyhenry:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2019
Why not apply now?
jkzie:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kieranfrench: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2019
prodigyhenry:

you can apply like you did the first time then opt for renewal via drop box or schedule an interview. however opting for drop box doesn't guarantee automatic renewal. U might been given a 221g letter to schedule an interview. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by prodigyhenry: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks but whats the chance of getting a renewal through Dropbox?. That interview Na wahala
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2019
kuljiyke:

Issuing you Visa is based on your circumstances and how you can convince the vo. Alot of people say Abuja is better, but I don't know which is.

Dress well and decent, be confident and don't lie. But everything is still God because the vo don't care if you meet all the requirements, they are really getting strict. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2019
kuljiyke:

If you have proper ''ties'' you have no need to worry about which of the Embassies issue the most visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
prodigyhenry:
Thanks but whats the chance of getting a renewal through Dropbox?. That interview Na wahala

The first time I renewed in lag, I was issued without interview. Second time ,I renewed in Abuja, I was given 221g. It depends on if they have any questions to ask you before they will call for an interview. I believe you will get as long as you didn't have any issues during your last visit. I wish you the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by prodigyhenry: 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

The first time I renewed in lag, I was issued without interview. Second time ,I renewed in Abuja, I was given 221g. It depends on if they have any questions to ask you before they will call for an interview. I believe you will get as long as you didn't have any issues during your last visit. I wish you the best.
Thanks a lot, you were very helpful

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jkzie(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2019
ozymes:
Why not apply now?
It seems i can't apply until i make payment for the conference...
Precisely,I'm meant to apply for visa through my professional body
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by prodigyhenry: 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

Well, I've got one more question so when do I apply for the Dropbox. Is there a time limit. I'll be planning to go towards December or January next year. So when do I apply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
prodigyhenry:

Well, I've got one more question so when do I apply for the Dropbox. Is there a time limit. I'll be planning to go towards December or January next year. So when do I apply?

The limit is that you must apply within a year after your Visa expires.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by prodigyhenry: 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
Blackfinegirl:

The limit is that you must apply within a year after your Visa expires.
Alright, thanks a whole lot. You've been of tremendous help, have a great day

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.