Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,074 members, 7,859,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1184791 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by max1981(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2018
seyewest:

As far as I know you have good enough travel history and I see no reason for the refusal. Don't allow this get to you... take your time to re-apply again maybe in the next 3 months and if possible travel with your family for vacation.
N.B. Hope you've not misrepresented in your past application?

After they refused me & my family yesterday. My appointment page, reads that my "passport is still with the consulate". Any idea of what's going on?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2018
diddypearl:
Gud day house, pls I need Ur advise, I gave an agent to process and submit my application for us visa.. he made a mistake in filling.. choose another state and city for the issuance if my passport and interview date is 2weeks to this time and I got to knw if this today... what am I going to do?

Also, d details of the person invited me is not showing on my ds-160 form

My advice to you is this...forget the Agent and whatever money you have paid.

Pay a new visa fee, fill in a new DS-160 and book a fresh appointment for yourself.

It will do you a whole lot of good!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2018
wunmi38:
Good day all I want to apply for drop box do I need to fill Ds 160 too and how do I go about it existing visa to expire April and we intend to travel for family vacation just like we did in 2017 in July dis year

Yes you will fill the DS-160 like everyone else...but when booking appointment if you answer the questions correctly eg...did your last visa expire less than Bleep years, did your last interview result in a refusal etc, you will get the option for drop box etc.

All you need for the drop box is the completed ds160, your passport, passport photos, and all the associated payment receipts

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ess: 9:00am On Jan 09, 2018
I beg for the dropbox option:

Do I include a passport photo (how many) and my expired passport carrying my expired visa in the application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:15am On Jan 09, 2018
Ess:
I beg for the dropbox option:

Do I include a passport photo (how many) and my expired passport carrying my expired visa in the application?

1. Two passport photos
2(a). Your expired International Passport that has the visa to be renewed
2(b). Your current International Passport
3. DS160 confirmation page
4. Dropbox confirmation letter page
5. GTB visa fee receipt....

Have you updated your passport number to the new one on your Profile on the US embassy portal? Log in, use the feedback to do that if you haven't, and send them data pages of BOTH the expired passport and the new one. Regards

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Damgreen(m): 10:20am On Jan 09, 2018
I want to book for hotel in Manhattan but keep asking for my Credit card no. How safe is this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ess: 10:46am On Jan 09, 2018
OmoBendel24:

1. Two passport photos
2(a). Your expired International Passport that has the visa to be renewed
2(b). Your current International Passport
3. DS160 confirmation page
4. Dropbox confirmation letter page
5. GTB visa fee receipt....

Have you updated your passport number to the new one on your Profile on the US embassy portal? Log in, use the feedback to do that if you haven't, and send them data pages of BOTH the expired passport and the new one. Regards

Thanks mate...
I however created a new log in for the portal. Is that ok?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by anuoluwa222(f): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2018
Good day everyone
@justwise

I am asking this on behalf of my friend.
She has been working for a while before she entered university. Presently she is working and studying(dli)

Pls how will she indicate that she is still studying on her ds 160 form. She is in her finals
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
Damgreen:
I want to book for hotel in Manhattan but keep asking for my Credit card no. How safe is this?

What site are you using?

I recommend Booking.com or Hotels.com. Select the pay on arrival or at hotel option.

They may request a card for guarantee in some instances depending on if you want to pay in advance or not. As I assume you are just making an advanced booking ahead of your interview, I advise that you do not select the pre-pay option.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Semose: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
I was denied today by the dark skinned lady in window 5 .. Here is my transcript
Vo: y r u traveling to the US
Me: I will be having my annual leave Jan 12 and intend to seize d opportunity it to visit a relative.
Vo: who is she to you [looked at it from my application she viewed]
Me: aunt
Vo: what state in the US are u visiting
Me: Alabama
Vo: r u married
Me: yes
Vo: kids
Vo: boy or girl
Me: boy
Vo: have you traveled outside the country b4
Me: no
Next thing long typing on her computer screen, followed by blue paper..... Pls ur evaluation

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
Semose:
I was denied today by the dark skinned lady in window 5 .. Here is my transcript
Me: I will be having my annual leave Jan 12 and intend to seize d opportunity it to visit a relative.
Next thing long typing on her computer screen, followed by blue paper..... Pls ur evaluation

Sorry to hear about your denial
Just give it another try
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
Semose:

Interview date pretty close to travel date plus no prior travel experience is made worse by the fact that it appears that you are trying to 'seize' the opportunity as opposed to a 'well planned' first trip outside the country.

Looking at all the reasons together and not on their own might give a fair idea...my opinion only though.

Each of the reasons is not valid reason enough for refusal but putting them together paints a totally different picture.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tekecoms1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
shawnmich:
Hello house.... I really love this forum.... And am pleased to ask few questions.
I am currently residing and working in Dubai, last year i applied for my master program at Lincoln University in the united state, i came to Nigeria to apply for my student visa but unfortunately it was unsuccessful. I returned to Dubai last year few days after. By march, i will get engaged and do my wedding ceremony but one of my family in united state plan to invite me and my wife after our wedding ceremony.
I want to confirm whether this wont affect my visa application since i went for my student visa interview last year which was unsuccessful and this year i want to go on invitation, can you please advice me whether there is a chance of getting visa with my wife or not.?
Your immediate response will be appreciated.
Thanks
can I send you a PM? I have got few questions for you on Dubai sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Semose: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2018
I had a good salary and an healthy bank account.. But while I tried to show her she told me not to bother cos it was the only way I could prove my financial strength and home tie... Yet she chose to deny me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pension10: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
Semose:
I had a good salary and an healthy bank account.. [But while I tried to show her she told me not to bother cos it was the only way I could prove my financial strength and home tie[/b]... Yet she chose to deny me

Sorry for the denial. Its seems you have not gone through this thread. Please study the part 1 and 2 well before taken any further step.

It is well

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
I re apply today, I plan to travel first week in March and come back last week in March also... My passport will expire August 2018. Incase i get the visa hope it won't give me any issues.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
eyinola:
I re apply today, I plan to travel first week in March and come back last week in March also... My passport will expire August 2018. Incase i get the visa hope it won't give me any issues.

I think tour passport should be valid for 6 months from the time you enter the U.S.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumlissa14: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
@efielu you can wear anything not necessarily suit, I wore gown to my interview last year. some persons wore Jeans, and even Native. Just wear what you are comfortable with.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
1. Your finances.
2. Leaving your family to visit your aunt. Could mean you can't afford to take your family on this trip.
3. No previous travel history
4. How your Aunt entered the US
5. What you filled in your form
6. What you filled in your previous form, if you have applied before
My opinion.

Semose:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Hanny4life: 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
Mayorr89:

Congrats bro..this is a very perfect example for those that think if u are single or have no Travel history. You won't be given a visa.. There are other ways to show ties..let's b confident..we all shall b a success..this year is the year of breakthrough

✅✅
hamen
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beekaf: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello house.please who knows the nearest available interview date if I apply this week.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tootush: 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
beekaf:
Hello house.please who knows the nearest available interview date if I apply this week.thanks
feb 20 upward
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by alabi31(m): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
pls guyz,I was told to book an interview for family,u have 2 pay multiple visa fee,assuming we 4 in number,will hav 2 pay 256k hw tru is dat
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vanod: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
alabi31:
pls guyz,I was told to book an interview for family,u have 2 pay multiple visa fee,assuming we 4 in number,will hav 2 pay 256k hw tru is dat

That's correct 64k each person.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
alabi31:

True that.... Very!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by CurrentEffort: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2018
Went in as family and did ours 3 weeks ago .We were meant to enter 9:45am but didn't do the interview until almost 12pm .After a very long queue and bar code stage we

got into a big square room where pictures were scanned ,the fingerprints and finally the interview stage . You wont even know you are on the interview line as people

queue up in all stages.

The interview goes this way :

VO : Good morning
Me : Morning and Happy New Year
VO : Your passports Please
Me : Here is it.
VO : Where is the last person? (He couldn't see my son very well)
Me : My Son moved closer and waved to the VO. At the same time my Son and Daughter say Good morning and he waved and Smiled back at them.
VO : Why are you going to US?
Me: We actually going on Vacation and we are considering New York being one of the largest Tourist centers in the world.
VO : Where do you work?
Me : I work with bla bla bla as an bla bla bla as an bla bla bla
He looked at his desktop obviously looking at the form we filled .
VO: What is your salary?
Me: bla bla bla
VO: What type of bla bla bla do you use in your office? (Some IT items indicated in the form)
Me: We use bla bla bla in the office (He saw this from the form I filled)
VO :How long are you staying in US?
Me: Just 14 days (This time myself and Madam say it at the same time)
VO: Any travel history?
Me :Yes I have been to United Kingdom twice.
VO :He flipped through my attached old passport.

VO: Madam what do you do ?
Madam: I am the bla bla bla of bla bla bla ...
VO : Did you travel as a family before?
Madam : I only went to Ghana with my family .......
VO: Any relative/friend in US? the background was noisy and people were so close to one another
pardon i asked .

He repeated again !
Me: Not at all.No relative/friend in US.
VO: He typed for like 1 minute

We: Some silent prayers going on within us here.Looks like the judgement day.
VO: He pulled out the drawer and put our passports there. Flipped out the white paper .....You will be notified through your email/sms when to pick your visas.

It's only God lots of Blue papers that day oo

You need to be very conscious of what you are doing. That is :

1. Many people doing fingerprints and interviews at the same time.
2. Don't let blue papers flying around bother you as lots of people got denied (Be prayerful, positive and hopeful).
3. No enclosure for interviewers - You hear all the conversations of others easily (so don't get distracted).
4. Questions may come from form Ds-160 (read it very well)
5. Don't staple the 2x2 passports (A guy did that in my front and was asked to go out) as this will affect the scanning of the pictures .So keep them separated.
6. Dress neatly and smartly.Tie and Suit not a must .I was even surprised seen a lot with natives and cap.

Wish you all good luck !

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:21am On Jan 10, 2018
max1981:

After they refused me & my family yesterday. My appointment page, reads that my "passport is still with the consulate". Any idea of what's going on?
Your passport is with you...Ignore the message it will be corrected in few days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:23am On Jan 10, 2018
Damgreen:
Which website did you use?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:31am On Jan 10, 2018
CurrentEffort:
Went in as family and did ours 3 weeks ago .We were meant to enter 9:45am but didn't do the interview until almost 12pm .After a very long queue and bar code stage we

Wish you all good luck !

Congrats... is it Abuja or Lagos Embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by CurrentEffort: 3:43am On Jan 10, 2018
Lagos Embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:11am On Jan 10, 2018
thegreengooner:

Interview date pretty close to travel date plus no prior travel experience is made worse by the fact that it appears that you are trying to 'seize' the opportunity as opposed to a 'well planned' first trip outside the country.

Looking at all the reasons together and not on their own might give a fair idea...my opinion only though.

Each of the reasons is not valid reason enough for refusal but putting them together paints a totally different picture.

I kinda disagree with you. My uncle got his 1st usa visa, 3 days to his proposed travel date in fact he got his passport same day he travelled (2015). I even told him he was taking an expensive risk as he has already bought his ticket, rather he said there is no probs.

Oftentimes, refusal reasons are best known to the VO.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 6:35am On Jan 10, 2018
Semose:

In my Opinion (that's if it counts) i would say u shot yourself in the foot:

1. Since you have no Travel history, you can't just want to use your annual leave traveling to US as an opportunity to see just an Aunt not even your immediate family who isn't even Sponsoring your trip cos its already a red flag.

2. All you answers are just too glibber, like you memorized them like a story line.

3. Always engage the VO in discussions to make them believe you have a reason to go to the US and return back. (Take Control and Smile)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.