Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,666 members, 7,851,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

STORY — Wise Woman Advises A Scholar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / STORY — Wise Woman Advises A Scholar (233 Views)

Insecurity: Pastor Adefarasin Advises Church Members To Plan Their Escape Route / Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians / Don't Have Sex Like A Donkey - Islamic Scholar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

STORY — Wise Woman Advises A Scholar by Taqwaconcept(m): 7:45am On Oct 15, 2017
Qasim ibn Muhammad explains: My wife passed away and Muhammad ibn Ka’b Al-Qurazi came to visit me to express his condolences. He related to me that amongst the Bani Isra’il, there was a pious and learned scholar. He had a wife whom he loved very much. When she passed away, he was completely overcome with grief and sorrow. He shut himself up in his home and stopped all forms of social interaction. A woman heard about this, and went to his house, saying, “I have a question to ask and I need to address it to him personally.” She insisted, until those who were present left, and she was left alone at his door.

The pious man was accordingly informed of her insistence on meeting him. He allowed for her to enter.

“What would you like to ask?” he enquired.

She replied, “I borrowed some jewellery from my neighbour and wore it for a lengthy period of time. If that woman now wants it back, should I return it?”

He replied, “Yes, by Allah.”

“But it has been in my possession for a long time!” she remarked.

He explained, “Since she borrowed it to you for such a long time, you have a greater responsibility of returning it.”

She then said, “May Allah have mercy upon you! Why are you so sorrowful over that which Allah borrowed to you and then took back from you? He has a greater right over it than you.”

The scholar reflected over her wise words and Allah granted him the good fortune of benefitting therefrom.

#SHARE

(1) (Reply)

The Church= The New Israel / We Must First Know About Our Sins To Be Redeemed / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.