Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? (2845 Views)

Power Inverter That Can Give 16 Hours Of Electricity Supply To Your Home / How's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Been After Privatization / Estimate Cost Of Building 2 Bedroom Bungalow In Osogbo, Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by KunleA2(m): 11:47pm On Mar 11, 2010
I am just trying to check with fellow NL'ers who lives in Osogbo on how is the current electricity situation like at present.

Stable or Bad? I never lived there before but understand that its probably the most stable nationwide

Please fill me in.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by Kx: 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2010
why special interest in oshogbo,relocating?
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by KunleA2(m): 11:56pm On Mar 11, 2010
Kx:

why special interest in oshogbo,relocating?

Not really. I still plan living in Ibadan but won't mind having a business interest in Osogbo if the electricity is stable. so that diesel expenses don't kill me. grin
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by ajisebioyo(m): 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2010
electricity is a its best in oshogbo. I have a friend who recently moved from port harcourt to osogbo, they hardly take their light but his house is arround the government house, so i may not be able to say for the rest of the town but from the acient time, oshogbo has the best of constant electricity.

rgds
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by KunleA2(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2010
ajisebioyo:

electricity is a its best in oshogbo. I have a friend who recently moved from port harcourt to osogbo, they hardly take their light but his house is arround the government house, so i may not be able to say for the rest of the town but from the acient time, oshogbo has the best of constant electricity.

rgds

thanks
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by wumiabo(f): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2010
You wount believe the electricity situation in osogbo. i just didnt believe i was in nigeria, i stayed at the GRA (oroki) and you could have light 24/7 sometimes. The other relatively bad areas had light not less than 15hrs a day. I have always thought that all my business concerns will be there because of the light situation too.
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by KunleA2(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2010
wumiabo:

You wount believe the electricity situation in osogbo. i just didnt believe i was in nigeria, i stayed at the GRA (oroki) and you could have light 24/7 sometimes. The other relatively bad areas had light not less than 15hrs a day. I have always thought that all my business concerns will be there because of the light situation too.

Thats what i hear. Join me and be business peer. grin The reason for the light is because the connection from Kanji Dam stops directly there hence if they don't have power that means the whole country won't have power

Thanks for the contribution.
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by Fhemmmy: 2:12am On Mar 13, 2010
How expensive is Oshogbo . . . . The last time we were there was like 5 years ago, we drove there from Ilesha area just to go and eat for fun.
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by wumiabo(f): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2010
Osogbo is not expensive at all. I dont know what it is with me and the town honestly, am not from there, my mum is but i prefer going there to my state in ogun. Very serene. Ask people in Nigeria, i have been monitoring but there has not been a single case of kidnap there.

Accommodation there is also relatively cheap, though i heard is now going up but i think the town is a good place for investment anytime any day. whatever quote for house or land you got in lagos, just divide it into 2 for the one in osogbo. The Nepa distribution station is there so the kainji story is true, when there is black out in osogbo trust me there is black out in most states of the nation.
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by KunleA2(m): 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2010
wumiabo:

Osogbo is not expensive at all. I dont know what it is with me and the town honestly, am not from there, my mum is but i prefer going there to my state in ogun. Very serene. Ask people in Nigeria, i have been monitoring but there has not been a single case of kidnap there.

Accommodation there is also relatively cheap, though i heard is now going up but i think the town is a good place for investment anytime any day. whatever quote for house or land you got in lagos, just divide it into 2 for the one in osogbo. The Nepa distribution station is there so the kainji story is true, when there is black out in osogbo trust me there is black out in most states of the nation.

Thanks. Good to know. I went to poly in ibadan but never been to osogbo. Osogbo is looking more and more appealing to me now. Grew up in ijebu ode. Where are u from in ogun state?
Re: Osogbo - Hows Is The Electricity Situation Thre Lately? by wumiabo(f): 10:31pm On Mar 15, 2010
Hey, am from Abeokuta, born bred and buttered there. But used to visit osogbo a lot cause of my favourable grandma. The truth is, everything is easy in osogbo. For all you care, having two good cars and living in a duplex is called rich, and i dont mind being called rich you know even if i am not wink.

i lived there for just one year and fell in love with everything there. if i have my way, ill live there again, but i dont always have my way. i know a guy there who has everything or more than people boast of in the UK including a drive way into his house, a swimming pool and tiles i never saw in any house in the UK. My ideal location to live in starts with a serene and safe environment and osogbo provides this because the thieves are not sophisticated and the local guards are very powerful. i remember a thief was almost killed for stealing N500 back then.

My dream home honestly is in osogbo with everything i will like to have for my kids and do local politics.

(1) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Detached House(all Rooms Ensuite) For Sale In Eden Gardens At Ajah / Filling Station For Lease In Ibadan.. ** Hot Deals** / Best Quality Italian Stucco Paint In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.