Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Dear Dads! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Dads! (360 Views)

New Japanese Device Allows Dads To Breastfeed Their Babies / 5 Categories Of Worst Performing Dads / Dads That Don’t Want To See You Dating Their Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Dads! by newazuka: 7:04am On Oct 16, 2017
Being a parent can be very daunting… Trust me, I have begun to appreciate mine better, Now that I am a parent.
But today, I want to talk to the dads. I believe being a dad is a very important job. Being a Mom is way cooler though (ehen, am biased jor )…
What kind of a dad are you?… Many lives are shaped by the kind of fathers they have or never had. Many dads today never had their own dads as an example to look up to… So today, they are not any better.
But the good news is, as a dad today, you have time to be a better dad to your kids than yours was ever to you.
You may ask why this write up?… I see alot of people broken in marriages, some times it traces back to their relationship with their dads
One man I counselled said he swore he would never lay his hand on his wife because he saw his dad pummel his mum as a kid. But sadly, one ugly day, mister hit his wife. Now, he believes it’s in his blood, His genes… I mean, how can you argue with such?
A newly married couple I know, they have just been married for about 6 months but the man has been verbally abusing his wife. Well, it’s sad because this man’s action is reminding me of his father whom everyone knew verbally abused his mum.
Young girls don’t know what to look out for when dating a guy… Because their dads were never around.. They were raised by single moms. Kudos to all single moms, you are doing all you can.
Some dads don’t know how to be available for their kids, because they believe providing financially for them kids is enough… Many dads don’t know the best subject of their kids in school, many dads have never been to one PTA meeting, some don’t know why their kids are not doing well in school….
The above is no shades to dads at all. But it’s a sad reality in some homes and it is determining the type of individuals we churn out from our homes.
So dads, let’s talk. No one is asking you to be a super hero but your child thinks you are a hero. So why don’t you take a step back, review how you have been parenting and see if your kids would be proud of you when they are grown.
We celebrate you dads… We know it ain’t easy. But never give up on being a better version of you everyday.
Remember, family is everything!
Love,
J

For more

http://livelystones.com.ng
Re: Dear Dads! by SmellingAnus(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2017
Nice write up/counsel..Those that saw their Dad beat their mum have higher chances of doing same to their future wives so also do those that come from a broken home have higher chances of being divorced in the future.

(1) (Reply)

Chesterfield Sofa Set , Order Now / Pst Bina Frederick: SOAR / Foreign Admissions And Visa Procurement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.