Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Saul Died Four Times In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saul Died Four Times In The Bible (599 Views)

Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / A State In Nigeria That Was Mentioned 30 Times In The Bible / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saul Died Four Times In The Bible by saintvc(m): 11:24am On Oct 16, 2017
Now open your boybull from the book of 1SA 31:4-6 Saul killed himself by falling on his sword. 2SA 1:2-10 Saul, at his own request, was slain by an Amalekite. 2SA 21:12 Saul was killed by the Philistines on Gilboa. 1CH 10:13-14 Saul was slain by God. Thus says thy rod.......
Re: Saul Died Four Times In The Bible by greatnaija01: 11:37am On Oct 16, 2017
you are either on oshogbo weed or something else... I SEE YOU DO NOT WANT TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IN THE SCRIPTURE... I leave u with your folly. its well.

saintvc:
Now open your boybull from the book of
1SA 31:4-6 Saul killed himself by falling on his
sword.
2SA 1:2-10 Saul, at his own request, was slain by
an Amalekite.
2SA 21:12 Saul was killed by the Philistines on
Gilboa.
1CH 10:13-14 Saul was slain by God.
Thus says thy rod.......

1 Like

Re: Saul Died Four Times In The Bible by NPComplete: 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
greatnaija01:
you are either on oshogbo weed or something else... I SEE YOU DO NOT WANT TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IN THE SCRIPTURE... I leave u with your folly. its well.

You haven't said anything. All you done is artfully dodge the OP while pretending you know what youbare talking about.
Re: Saul Died Four Times In The Bible by GodsMopol: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
saintvc:
Now open your boybull from the book of
1SA 31:4-6 Saul killed himself by falling on his
sword.
2SA 1:2-10 Saul, at his own request, was slain by
an Amalekite.
2SA 21:12 Saul was killed by the Philistines on
Gilboa.
1CH 10:13-14 Saul was slain by God.
Thus says thy rod.......

Lemme attempt your thread

1 Samuel 31:4-6
You said Saul killed himself by falling on his sword, well, my Bible said a sword, not his sword

2 Samuel 1:2-10
Right here, this is a reported speech by the person. Well, I won't say he was truly an amalekite, but one thing I know is, the man was seeking cheap popularity from David, Saul has always sought to kill David, so this supposed guy might feel that, by taking the glory of the death of Saul, David will rewards him greatly, but that does not mean the mans account was correct, it's not a bible thing in this portion, but the reporting of event as it happened, the Bible reported what the man said expressly, either right or wrong

2 Samuel 21:12

I agree with this, and this agree with your remaining verses except the fame seeking guy in 2 Samuel 1 who was seeking cheap favour from the incoming should be king(David)

Saul was killed by the Philistines, they are fighting with the Philistines, either an enemy kills you or die by a friendly attack. This eliminates the account of the amalakite, because how did he get to the war, you are either a fighting or defending warrior (Israelite or Philistine in this case, an amalakite can't find his way into the war, except by some means I don't know

1 Chronicles 10:13-14

Please read v4

1 Chronicles 10:4 Then said Saul to his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. So Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.

It says Saul fell upon a sword. Well, God killed him by allowing it to turn against him, turn against him in the sense that, if by the natural course of things. Saul shouldn't have survived the war, if it turns around, then God influenced the war so Saul will lose the war. That's simple

(1) (Reply)

The Wise Saying Of Luwabi: For Olaolutreasure To See And Be Wise / Think Of This And Thank God / 11 Reasons Why You Need Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.