Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Unemployment, Still A Big Problem In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment, Still A Big Problem In Nigeria (389 Views)

What Happened To Me When I Got A Big Pay Inventory Manager Job / Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unemployment, Still A Big Problem In Nigeria by Omonaijani: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2017
I’m a Nigerian and I finished from a University in Lagos about 4 years ago, I wouldn’t say I’m jobless because I already have 3 different businesses I own (I’m still exploring others to add to these); one of my businesses employs 3 staff on a permanent bases and 2 on contract bases, I manage others myself except when I have to contract some of the works to some other people. But whenever I call my former course mates whom we finished together, they keep telling me they are still looking for job; I checked out HRM websites operating in Nigeria and they all have a lot of vacancies; confused as to why so many people are still unemployed, I did something: I went to Google search to see the number of people searching for jobs monthly, I was surprised to see about 900,000 monthly searches for jobs and related keywords, whoa!, this made me realize that the number of people looking for jobs vastly outnumbers the number of jobs available in the country because the country is losing too many jobs. Also consider the following facts:
April 2016: 300,000 people applied for Nigerian Navy Recruitment that was announce to only recruit 3,000.
May 2016: 897,170 people applied for Nigerian Police Recruitment that was announced to employ 10,000 personnel.
April 2017: over 1.2 million people applied for Nigerian Immigration Recruitment that was announced to employ only 1,112 personnel.
What could be responsible for this large number of unemployed people, even graduates in Nigeria? I have found that the following 5 reasons are majorly the cause of unemployment in the country:
https://naijanews1.livejournal.com/1255.html

Re: Unemployment, Still A Big Problem In Nigeria by MUMMY18100: 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
hi Omonaijani,

How do we benefit from your Idea or probably engage some of us with yous skills as you explore more businesses adding to the one on ground.

Thank you,

MUMMY

Omonaijani:
I’m a Nigerian and I finished from a University in Lagos about 4 years ago, I wouldn’t say I’m jobless because I already have 3 different businesses I own (I’m still exploring others to add to these); one of my businesses employs 3 staff on a permanent bases and 2 on contract bases, I manage others myself except when I have to contract some of the works to some other people. But whenever I call my former course mates whom we finished together, they keep telling me they are still looking for job; I checked out HRM websites operating in Nigeria and they all have a lot of vacancies; confused as to why so many people are still unemployed, I did something: I went to Google search to see the number of people searching for jobs monthly, I was surprised to see about 900,000 monthly searches for jobs and related keywords, whoa!, this made me realize that the number of people looking for jobs vastly outnumbers the number of jobs available in the country because the country is losing too many jobs. Also consider the following facts:
April 2016: 300,000 people applied for Nigerian Navy Recruitment that was announce to only recruit 3,000.
May 2016: 897,170 people applied for Nigerian Police Recruitment that was announced to employ 10,000 personnel.
April 2017: over 1.2 million people applied for Nigerian Immigration Recruitment that was announced to employ only 1,112 personnel.
What could be responsible for this large number of unemployed people, even graduates in Nigeria? I have found that the following 5 reasons are majorly the cause of unemployment in the country:
https://naijanews1.livejournal.com/1255.html

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now - Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Recruitment 2018 / Vacancy For Biology Teacher / Latest Jobs In Gulf Countries For Nigeriansthis October 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.