Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,006 members, 7,845,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. (2127 Views)

SOLD Used Toyota Carina E Saloon 350k / CARINA-E WAGON FOR 520K / Toyota Carina E 2.0gli Up For Grabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. by EbonyX(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2010
Am new on this forum and i need a professional advice. My carina E came with a 4A engine but i want change it to a 7A or 3X engine but i want to know which is better in terms of performance, speed and durability. Thanks
Re: Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2010
The best engine for your car, is the one it originally came with. Any other engine will be classed as a conversion, and is not a bolt-in, plug-and-play job.
Re: Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. by chelseabmw(m): 12:20am On Apr 20, 2010
Siena:

The best engine for your car, is the one it originally came with. Any other engine will be classed as a conversion, and is not a bolt-in, plug-and-play job.

so what should he do now?
Re: Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. by EbonyX(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2010
Siena:

The problem i have with the 4A engine that came with the car is that it wears out after about a year cos i travel alot with the car because of my work. I have changed  the first engine that came with the car to the same 4A engine and this one too has started smoking after about a year and three months. Someone adviced me to change the engine to a 3S and i was made to understand by a kind bros on this forum that a 3S is a 2.0L engine why 4A is a 1.6L engine. So please i need your professional advice on this cos as it is now i cant afford another car because things are a little rough now. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 21, 2010
Then, you need to find out why the original 4A engines began burning oil. Oil burning's usually due to 3 things:

1) Worn valve stem seals.
2) Worn piston rings.
3) Worn cylinder bores.

The first one's a normal wear and tear issue, while the second and third are usually caused by too long intervals between oil changes, or thrashing the engine from cold on a regular basis.

The 4A engine's a reliable unit, and has been fitted to to several Toyota models over the years. Increasing the engine capacity will not give it a longer life span, identifying the root cause of previous failures however, will.
Re: Auto Professionls Which Is A Better Engine For Carina E. by KunleA2(m): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2010
Rather than trying to see which engine is better, i think the poster you look critically in his own maintainance culture. All these engines are pretty durable units good for well over 350,000 miles or more with proper care.

Simply changing to a bigger engine will not necessarily solve your problem if you don't take care of it. The car is originally mated with the size/type of engine that is adequate from the factory. Changing it or any conversion should be for another goal rather than to solve a problem of pre-conceived "inadequacy" in the engine itself.

Tons and tons of corollas are fitted with the 4A engine and you can watch news footage from Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, South America and other parts of the world with not the nicest road environment (including Naija) and these cars chug along everyday without missing a beat.

The corolla is one of the best selling vehicles of all time.Worldwide. May be other millions of people know something that you don't. Go figure.  undecided

(1) (Reply)

Used 2006 Benz E350 For Sale. 2.8m / 2006 Rav4 For Sale / Honda Accord (discussion Continues) Available At Affordable Price of 1.9m.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.