Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,108 members, 7,860,019 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? (911 Views)

CBN Efforts Boosts Naira To N791.75/$1 At Official Market / Rivalry Among Professionals Hobbles Housing Delivery Efforts / Don’t Aim For Success If You Want It; Just Do What You Love And Believe In, And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Yankiss(m): 7:01am On Oct 18, 2017
Nairalanders, please can you shed light on this conundrum? Looking back at my journey in life so far, I cannot with certainty say that things I have achieved were what I set out to achieve ab initio. I had a different career plan. But one way or the other, I find myself at odd tangents with prior fixations.

I have studied the life of eminent personalities. Almost all of them admitted foreknowledge of their preeminence even when nothing suggested it in the beginnings. Is it that we subconsciously plan another thing while consciously preoccupied with some other? Is it that what you are planning for the future is what the future is planning for you, as posited by some schools of thought? Or we are predestined? Please let knowledgeable sources help illumine this puzzle.

cc Lalasticlala
cc Mydn44
Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Partnerbiz3: 7:19am On Oct 18, 2017
Yankiss:
Nairalanders, please can you shed light on this conundrum? Looking back at my journey in life so far, I cannot with certainty say that things I have achieved were what I set out to achieve ab initio. I had a different career plan. But one way or the other, I find myself at odd tangents with prior fixations.

I have studied the life of eminent personalities. Almost all of them admitted foreknowledge of their preeminence even when nothing suggested it in the beginnings. Is it that we subconsciously plan another thing while consciously preoccupied with some other? Is it that what you are planning for the future is what the future is planning for you, as posited by some schools of thought? Or we are predestined? Please let knowledgeable sources help illumine this puzzle.

Lalasticlala
mynd44

My brother, nobody knows. The question is a philosophical one and will always be argued till eternity.

Nobody actually knows how these things work. And no answer can be immune from lapses.

At times, it appears what we amount to is a product of talent mixed with luck or accidents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Baptistz: 7:39am On Oct 18, 2017
In my own view, i don't think there is anything like a predestined life. I believe it's all by our effort

1 Like

Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Yankiss(m): 9:53am On Oct 21, 2017
Baptistz:
In my own view, i don't think there is anything like a predestined life. I believe it's all by our effort

Good. But why are people able to foresee the future?
Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Baptistz: 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Yankiss:

Good. But why are people able to foresee the future?

I don't also believe in that because I was once a victim. The so called man of God told my mum a lot of negative things about me but I promised myself I'll prove him wrong and I did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Sharp9: 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
God created us equal. your decision in life is what makes the difference.
Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Yankiss(m): 12:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Baptistz:

I don't also believe in that because I was once a victim. The so called man of God told my mum a lot of negative things about me but I promised myself I'll prove him wrong and I did.

Very nice and determined of you. But I am witness too that some men of God/ psychics did predictions about people which came to pass, mainly positive things. I think the negatives are avertible just like the positives can be carelessly lost.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Yankiss(m): 12:50am On Oct 22, 2017
Sharp9:
God created us equal. your decision in life is what makes the difference.

Not sure we are all born equal though determination is important. Some people are born to very poor parents hence limited outlook from birth. While others are born to very rich parents. Again, are we to believe that successful people like OBJ from very poor background were the most determined in their generation?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by jaychubi: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
In life we dnt choose alot of things by ourselves and dt is where God has decided our destines. For example u dnt choose ur parents( whether they will be pauper, poor, middle class, rich, super rich etc) or country or sibling, uncles n relations u will have.

Our efforts n choices in life is also very impt

1 Like

Re: Are We Predestined Or Is It Just Our Efforts? by Yankiss(m): 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
Yankiss:

Lalasticlala
mynd44

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

I Will Write Free Professional Cv/resume For The First 5 People On This Platform / Permanent Cure To Sickle Cell. / Sales Of Copper Sulphate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.