Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death (30036 Views)

Idris Adepoju: Salawa Abeni Remembers Her First Son 20 Years After Death (Photo) / Sandra Bassey's Mother Dies, 5 Years After Death Of Father (Photos) / Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
Today makes it 10 years since we lost a great South African reggae music legend Lucky Dube who was killed in an attempted hijacking in Rosettenville, Johannesburg on the 18 October 2007.

Lucky was dropping off his son at a family member’s house when the incident occurred.

Drop your favourite hit song, quote or lyrics in remembrance

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2017

I'VE GOT JAH

You keep on telling people about
Something you don't know,
They'll hate you
Tell them about yourself,
They say you're boasting,
They won't like you

Tell them about somebody
They call you a go-say,
They won't love you
Now let me tell you about somebody
Who doesn't care when
You tell people about his name.

I've got Him, He's mine,
He's in my heart, everyday
I've got Jah, He's mine,

I was a gambler, I was a killer,
Doing all the bad things
That you can think of
But almighty Jah looked down on me,
And have mercy on me

I've found him, He's mine

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Samsimple(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Crazy world - luckydube

blessed is the hand that giveth than the one that taketh

lucky dube

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by nony43(m): 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
I don't like his kind of music, and I am not an Indomie generation

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by looseweight: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Love his music

25 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
DEDICATED TO THE BEAUTIFUL AND DECENT LADIES OUT THERE. is this track by Lucky Dube..........

"I've Got You Babe"

I have gone right round the world
Trying to find a women
A women that'll understand me [x2]
All the women I had before
Never understood me
Now that I've found you baby
I ain't gonna look no further [x3]
It's so nice when you're there
So nice so nice
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
I've got you babe to make me feel alright [x3]
Baby you know how much I need you baby
Please never leave me baby
Never leave me ooh...
Ayo ayo
Ayo ayo [x7]
You know baby my life depends on you
You are my future you are everything I got
Please baby please baby yeah...

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
"Slave" was a masterpiece..

Rochas needs to mount his statue in memory at Owerri Roundabout angry

67 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by countryfive: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
south Africa is one of the most dangerous places to live him.

8 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Realfitbody: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Today makes it 10 years since we lost a great South African reggae music legend Lucky Dube who was killed in an attempted hijacking in Rosettenville, Johannesburg on the 18 October 2007.
Lucky was dropping off his son at a family member’s house when the incident occurred.
Drop your favourite hit song, quote or lyrics in remembrance

One love Sir

In Other News
You can check out my blog www.realfitbody.com for What Your Urine Says About Your Health Using Pictures

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
the south african idiots that killed him thought he was a Nigerian but....... Anyway keep resting in the lord

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by GodsOwnFav(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
We Feel Ire

I've got you babe

Different people different colours

9 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
killed because they tot he was a nigerian after car was hijacked, eyah

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by wintersnow(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
Still the best snooker player though!

1 Like

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by maxysmith(f): 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
"Different Colours / One People

Breaking those barriers
All over the world
Was not an easy thing
Yesterday your mouth was shut yeah
Couldn't make a sound eh boy
But it's such a good feeling today
When I can hear them from
Across the ocean singing this song
That the whole world should be singing
All the time

[Chorus: x3]
We're...
Different colours {one people}
Different colours {one people}

Hey you government
Never try to seperate the people
Hey you politician
Never try to seperate the people grin

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by SIRKAY98(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
Heared they taught he was a Nigerian and thats y he was killed.

11 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
different colour, one people. Lesson for Nigerians spitting hate speeches everywhere.

12 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by nony43(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
I learnt Nigerians killed him, how true?
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Kendroid: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
And the killer (When caught) said he thought he was a Nigerian cry cry

12 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by musicwriter(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
If we don't take time Dube could be the last real musician Africa would get. What a musician who doesn't have one song you can say it's not good!!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by bentlywills(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
Rest on reggae master

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
chukwukahenry:
the south african idiots that killed him thought he was a Nigerian but....... Anyway keep resting in the lord
He was actually killed by 3 South Africans thinking he was a Nigerian.
Just getting to know this now.
RIP LUCKY DUBE.

20 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by align360: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
LOVE ME THE WAY I AM.

Rip Dube!!

5 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by KendrickAyomide: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
ISSA LEGEND

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Agbaletu: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Rest in peace Lucky Dube.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by hilroy: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
Yeye South Africans, they just killed their legend like chicken undecided

RIP to the reggae legend

11 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
GodsOwnFav:
We

Different people different colours
when did he drop this one? after his death?

11 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Houseofglam7(f): 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
He izza freaking legend
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by HermesParis: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hmmm... how time flies... just like yestaday u knw
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
modelmike7:
Just imagine if Fela was killed by some South Africans!! why won't they hate us?!
the murderers(South Africans) mistaked him for a Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
chukwukahenry:

the murderers(South Africans) mistaked him for a Nigerian
Google is still there.
You are right, and I'm wrong!
Now I know better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by mfm04622: 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
10 years already! Wow

4 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by hotornot(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
Supercharge ur Business With The Power of Internet!!!
Get The Ultimate E-commerce Website Experience!
for N69,999 (Guaranteed that You Cant Get This Value Anywhere ELSE!)

Come with INCREDIBLE full features

Your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video And Photos From Wizkid VIP Experience Concert At Eko Hotel / Biafra: Pete Edochie, John Okafor "Mr IBU", Nkem Owoh Speak / Juliet Ibrahim Celebrates Son's 5th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.