Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:45 AM

Nigerian Artist Painter Ayeola Ayodeji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Artist Painter Ayeola Ayodeji (453 Views)

How Praiz Nigerian Rnb King Got Painted By Portrait Expert Ayeola Ayodeji / Family Portrait Painting On Canvas By Lagos Based Artist Ayeola Ayodeji / Secret Behind Why Actress Opeyemi Ayeola Doesn't Wear Jewelry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Artist Painter Ayeola Ayodeji by awizzygallery: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
Portrait artworks of nigerian artist painter ayeola ayodeji

Re: Nigerian Artist Painter Ayeola Ayodeji by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
shocked shocked shocked... Wow... Breathtaking!
Re: Nigerian Artist Painter Ayeola Ayodeji by Amberon11: 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
Used to be the best art student at almost every school I attended. Even when I dropped arts, I still designed cards for my friends and they all got perfect scores when others were getting far less. On one occasion after designing a card for my friend the teacher taught she (my friend) had to seek the services of a professional for it because they all taught it was too good to be designed by a student.

On another occasion, when I was in JS2, we had calligraphy and Gothic lettering assignments and the fine arts teacher had warned that it was better to opt for another since Gothic was too difficult as it had to be properly arranged in between the lines. I chose Gothic, did it and got the perfect score too. Some did Gothic too but didn't get good scores. Surprisingly, the teacher returned all the drawing books but didn't return mine. I was surprised cuz I was sure I submitted mine. So I went to ask her for it. That was when she told me she had been looking for me and that she was going to punish me for letting someone else do the assignment for me. I tried convincing her that I did it myself but she never believed until my friends made her believe.

Anyways the whole point here is that I was never appreciated as an artist by my father and brother and in fact my father began to somewhat scold me for drawing because he wanted me to be a doctor. Infact the day i told my dad I wasn't going to study medicine he didn't sleep for one week. Eventually I gave up on drawing/art and its been years since I did.

I'm pretty sure that is how Nigeria has lost the likes of Leonardo DA Vinci, Michael Angelo and all others who could have been great sportsmen, musicians, scientists etc in various fields other than what their parents intended for them.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Psquare, Mr P Releases Music Video For His Solo Hit Song “cool It Down” / 6 Important Lessons To Learn From Oluwo Of Iwoland / All Is Not Well Between Iyanya & Don Jazzy, Just Like Don Saint Prophesied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.