Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,851 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

Enterning Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enterning Nigeria (748 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enterning Nigeria by jrsawari: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hi, I need to get to Nigeria. US citizen for the last 7 yrs from military service. Fresh passport ready to go. However, now I'm being told I have to have a return ticket. i misplaced my Nigerian passport. I applied for a visa but was told I needed to have a return flight, have a host address and bank statement that matches addres...etc..etc...I'm a dual citizen. I just want to enter my country. My flights leaves on the 31st. What do I do?

I have strong PTSD. Was separated from my mom and brother at 13....sucked it up did everything I can...but I can't take it anymore. We're working on my mom's immigration. She's sick and getting worse day by day. I need to get home.

If I choose to take the flight anyway what would happen?
Re: Enterning Nigeria by greatnaija01: 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
If you take the flight... you will be welcomed back home... but you may have to part with some extra cash when going back to the USA... anyway... you need FAMILY MOST... you can easily get another nigerian passport when u come. I believe you can still remember your way around Nigeria... but if between now and then u cant get your passport... STILL COME... nothing is too hard that cant be solved in naija.

I wish u well.

jrsawari:
Hi, I need to get to Nigeria. US citizen for the last 7 yrs from military service. Fresh passport ready to go. However, now I'm being told I have to have a return ticket. i misplaced my Nigerian passport. I applied for a visa but was told I needed to have a return flight, have a host address and bank statement that matches addres...etc..etc...I'm a dual citizen. I just want to enter my country. My flights leaves on the 31st. What do I do?

I have strong PTSD. Was separated from my mom and brother at 13....sucked it up did everything I can...but I can't take it anymore. We're working on my mom's immigration. She's sick and getting worse day by day. I need to get home.

Re: Enterning Nigeria by jrsawari: 12:03am On Oct 19, 2017
So they're not going to stop me at the airport? Anyone have any confirmation of this?
Re: Enterning Nigeria by jrsawari: 12:14am On Oct 19, 2017
Yeah, I plan to get my Nigerian passport when I get there. I don't know what the hec their problem is. I just want to go home. Someone cannot go home again? See me see trouble o?
Re: Enterning Nigeria by jrsawari: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
any more input on this cause I'm still uncertain
Re: Enterning Nigeria by stacyadams: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2017
jrsawari:

..will verify for u..u mind telling me the procedure for joining millitary there?
Re: Enterning Nigeria by jrsawari: 12:47am On Oct 24, 2017
You need to have a green card basically and be over 18 and in good health. But, I think there's something with donald trump saying he's going to ban people with green cards from entering. YEP. People with green cards are banned apparently.
Re: Enterning Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 24, 2017
jrsawari:
So they're not going to stop me at the airport? Anyone have any confirmation of this?

Go to the Nigerian embassy and make your enquiries there. You can either apply for a new passport or get a visa to Nigeria. You will not be allowed into the country if you don't have one of the two options

(1) (Reply)

Traveling To Dubai Weeks Before Usa Visa Interview / Please How Can I Get A New Passport In Ilorin Within A Day / Please Am I Safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.