Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Nigerians Expect RAPE Tales As #metoo Arrives Africa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Expect RAPE Tales As #metoo Arrives Africa (990 Views)

Nigerian Women Say ‘metoo.’ Critics Say ‘prove It.’ / Rape Victim Killed In Fatal Accident While Heading For Court Case. Photos / Rage As Teenagers Gang Rape Video Goes Viral (explicit Content) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Expect RAPE Tales As #metoo Arrives Africa by freespch: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
The #MeToo campaign, launched after Hollywood mogul, Harvey Weinstein’s sordid past of rape and sexual exploitation of women was exposed, has prodded dozens of women across the world to come forward to share scary details of how they were sexually attacked in the past by one big name or another.

After weeks in the Americas and Europe, the bug has finally hit Africa, and the latest revelation is coming from South Africa.

Former South African lawmaker and singer, Jennifer Ferguson, claimed in a blog post that the head of the country’s football federation and organizer of the 2010 World Cup, Danny Jordaan, “painfully” raped her in a hotel suite nearly 24 years ago.

“He overpowered me and painfully raped me. It must have been over in about 20 seconds although it felt like a lifetime,” Ferguson said. “He left immediately without saying a word.”

http://freespch.com/2017/10/19/nigerians-expect-rape-tales-as-metoo-arrives-africa/
Re: Nigerians Expect RAPE Tales As #metoo Arrives Africa by SweetWJ(m): 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
And she has been Silent all this while. Why
Re: Nigerians Expect RAPE Tales As #metoo Arrives Africa by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hmmm. I hope anybody that wants to follow that path can prove any such allegation-solid proof o! Before all manner of i.d. i.o.t.s and liars will come out to be defaming and maligning people all over the place.
Also,I hope politicians will not hijack it to use against their political opponents and that blackmailers/fraudsters will not use it to have a field day.

(1) (Reply)

Agricultural Investment #farmkonnect / Which Of The Stories Did You Believe Or Still Believe? / Shell Latest Jobs For Bsc, Hnd, Nce, Nd, Ssce, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.