Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Friday, 20/10/2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Friday, 20/10/2017 (264 Views)

Rev. Ntia I. Ntia Of Full Life Christian Center Survives A Car Accident In Uyo / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Saturday, 14/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Friday, 20/10/2017 by niceluvsus(m): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2017
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN CENTER:
#DAILY #DEVOTIONAL
THE WORD FOR TODAY!
FRIDAY, 20/10/2017

#TOPIC; LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!

#TEXT:
Matthew 5:16, (ESV). “Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glorify to your Father who is in heaven.”

Luke 11:35 (KJV) :Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

#MESSAGE:
Beloved, as a true child of God, people are expected to "feel" your light by your good works everywhere you go! You are God‘s representative in this earth that is full of darkness, and you are a light carrier. So the light you have received (and receiving) from Him must be released to drive away every form of darkness in and around you!

# Friends, you might be asking; how do i shine the light? That is very simple; When you follow the Word of God and allow Him to work in your life, you are letting your light shine. When you are good to people and show them kindness, even when they don’t deserve it, you are shining your light. When you smile and keep a good attitude, even when things don’t go your way, you are setting an example so that people will glorify God in heaven.

# Notice this Scripture says, “they will see your good works.” People are not impressed by your well articulated grammar or how eloquent you are; people are only drawn to God by your good works/your light

# Beloved friends, today, i like you to ask the Lord to show you ways to share His goodness with others. Look for opportunities to let your light shine everywhere you go—at home, at work, in the supermarket store, at the church, i mean everywhere. Look around and you will see that there is always an opportunity to be an example of God's goodness and radiate His light/glory!

# Our second text says you have the responsibility to keep this light of yours shining. Some people's light have already turn to darkness unknowingly to them, that is why you must take heed by positioning/aligning yourself to His own light always.
John 8:12 (AMP) :Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life.

# Be reminded; You can't give what you don't have!

#PRAYER:
Father, thank You for choosing me to be Your representative in earth. Show me how to shine my light always to attract men into your kingdom. Help me to be an example of your goodness to everyone around me in Jesus name. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Be Your Brothers Keeper : We Should Try To Help People When Alive Not When They / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / How To Win Your War. 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.