Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,015 members, 7,838,554 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Sport - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sport (354 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sport by Ochoochogift(m): 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
Kane : ‘I’m not far off’ winning the Ballon d’Or

After being nominated for this year’s Ballon d’Or, Tottenham striker Harry Kane believes he is closing in on the standard required to win the prestigious award.

Kane is in the form of his life and recently helped Tottenham to a deserved 1-1 draw in the Champions League against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

As well as an impressive year with Spurs, he played a major role in England’s successful World Cup qualifying campaign, and the 24-year-old is set to be named permanent captain by Gareth Southgate ahead of football’s showpiece event next summer.

When asked about how it feels to be included in the 30-man shortlist alongside the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, Kane told the ‘BBC’:

‘It’s great. Of course to be up there with those sort of names and to be in the same company as them is fantastic.

‘I still think I have a bit of work to do to be right up there and be in contention to win it, but I’m not far off.

‘When you look at the year I’ve had, it’s been a fantastic year so it’s just about improving on that and keep on getting better and better.

‘Hopefully these things keep happening and of course it will be a dream one day to win it.

Harry Kane is a future Ballon d’Or winner? Let us know what you think in the comments.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Players Are Ready To Fight For Conte / Swan Nominates Mitchel Obi For Aips / Moses Shortlisted For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.