Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,544 members, 7,837,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

5 Natural Beauty Hacks And Homemade Remedies - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Natural Beauty Hacks And Homemade Remedies (454 Views)

21 Natural Beauty Hacks / 8 Beauty Hacks You Should Try Out (8 Beauty Tricks That Works, #elitebeautytips) / You Would Look Natural And Flawless With These Beauty Hacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Natural Beauty Hacks And Homemade Remedies by senatorebeano(m): 1:31am On Oct 21, 2017
By: Esther Ubong-Abasi

Today, I will be addressing something I feel is very necessary to talk about. Currently in Nigeria, if you walk into any regular departmental store, you are faced with challenges. Shopping for soaps, creams, hair products, deodorants, etc. has become such a chore for most people because they do not know how to get quality products at reasonable prices.
More often than not, the products that will give you the best results or last longer, may be more effective will take an unhealthy toll on your wallet. If you go for cheap products, you will possibly get something of a lesser standard. What do you do?
Below is a list of my top 5 beauty hacks and home remedies. These are cheap (if bought) and easy to make (if prepared). They will save you lots of money and you will get value for the little being spent. Really, it does not get better than this; the best of both worlds.
1. SHEA BUTTER
In our local markets, this is known as ‘Ori’. Shea butter has quite a numbers of uses but most people are unaware of them. It is used for treating the skin and evening the skin tone. It also doubles as a hair conditioner and hair growth remedy. On natural hair, it works wonders. There is one thing most people do not fancy about Shea butter though, it is its odour. Pure and original Ori is characterized by the terrible scent. The truth is this smell wears off almost immediately after using it and other people do not usually perceive it on you, but you can minimise this by whipping scented oils into the Shea butter. You can get Shea butter from a supermarket near you but if you want to buy in bulk at cheaper rates, you should check go to the local market. Do not forget to smell the Ori before buying; the stronger the odour, the better.

2. HOMEMADE COCONUT OIL
Do not get it twisted, generally coconut oil is amazing. Homemade or bought, it doubles as a skin treatment and hair treatment product just like Shea butter. For the hair, you could whip the coconut oil and Shea butter together or use them separate. It is totally up to you, but either way, you will get results. Your hair follicles will be stimulated and your hair growth rate will increase. I do not have to over emphasize the effects on your skin but it is very good to even your skin tone and it has long lasting effects, you can go a whole day without the need to moisturize or rub anything.
Now we move to the home made coconut oil. This is my preferred option because unlike Shea butter, coconut oil is more popular on the store shelves and I am never really sure it is 100%, so I make mine.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT OIL
• Break about four coconuts, extract the coconut from the shell then, grate it. (Make sure you keep the coconut water).
• Put the grated coconut, coconut water and some clean water in a power blender and blend it.
• Using a strainer, extract only the water after blending.
• Put this water in a saucepan on a medium fire,

Continue from the link shared below

http://economicplatform.ng/5-natural-beauty-hacks-homemade-remedies/

(1) (Reply)

Unique Runway Style High Fashion Earrings Wholesale Available W/app 08121810749 / Bags Of Class - Why Do Women Love Handbags So Much? Whattobuy.ga / Creative African Fashion Accessories | By Marihanacraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.