Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit (645 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Employers Request Irrelevant Information? / Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers? / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2017
5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit

This post lists typical attitudes most Nigerian employers exhibit, especially, in organisations where the boss is the sole-proprietor. The gospel truth is that labour is very cheap in Nigeria. The extreme cheapness of this labour has humbled so many young graduates to accept and tolerate unnecessary and harsh policies that have succeeded in enslaving them. No matter where you find yourself today, never lose focus on building your personal dreams. You cannot be TRULY satisfied in life building another man's dreams in a situation where you work as a slave! It's a basic fact; you can take that to the bank!

1) NOT PAYING WORKERS ON TIME: Some employers are not humans! Yes, not all employers are humans. Some are worse than Monster Caliban in the popular drama, 'The Tempest' by Shakespeare. How can you owe employees for months with no explanations as to what the reason for the delay is? And on Sunday, na you go first reach church, come go front seat go sidan with white starched native! Your family members eat and live well but have you asked yourself how family members of your workers are living? Your employees, especially, the hardworking ones, are the engine of your organization; they are your team members, not your slaves. Pay them on time or pay them off if you can't continue with the business! Oga boss, no be by force o!

2) THEY WANT YOU TO WEAR DIFFERENT SUITS TO WORK BUT YOUR SALARY IS 40K!!! : I curse poverty! Oga boss, why are you so wicked? I mean, why you be like this sef? How can you pay a graduate 40k monthly and still want him/her to change suits and wear fly coporate clothes to work? Do unto others as you would want them do to you. It's a natural law.

3) THEY GIVE YOU LOADS OF WORK THAT IS BEYOND YOUR CAPACITY: Most one-man organisations, especially private schools, are typical of this. I almost got trapped in a private school, where I was nearly killed with work some years back. My first day at work left me wondering whether it would be wise to resume the next day. How can one person teach Civic Education Jss1-3, CRS Jss1-3, Government SS1-3, Literature-In-English SS1-3 and Social Studies Jss 2&3? Even if I be Aristotle sef!!! Una wan give person pikin madness? Not to talk of the lengthy lesson notes on top cabin biscuit salary ! The principal called me the next day, asking why I didn't resume work but I told him he was calling a wrong number!

4) THEY SLASH YOUR PAY WITHOUT EXPLANATIONS: Many employers will just slash your pay with no explanations, yet they want you to do your best. One employer even told me that I should do 'his best' and not mine when I told him: 'Sir, I will do my best'. Meanwhile, I was being owed two months arrears with previous slashing and slicing here and there as if my salary was finger chop bread! Abeg, wetin man do man, my people?

5) NOT REWARDING HARDWORKING EMPLOYEES: You may never know what you have till you lose it. Most Nigerian employers always fail to reward hardwork among their employees. Reward people who go extra miles to see that goals and targets are met. If you lose them, you may never get their exact replacements. When you water your crops, they flourish and produce fruits but when you don't, you know the rest.

I was listening to 'Better (Remix)' by Oritsefemi ft. Vector and the rapper (Vector) said: 'Oritsefemi...How I wan respect the boss wey no dey pay?/How you wan enjoy salary wen the pay no dey tay?'. #WORD

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit by gbzed(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2017
Self employed sure pass.

1 Like

Re: 5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit by gbzed(m): 9:41am On Oct 21, 2017
Self employed sure pass.

But not everybody can b self employed cos who will do the work?
Re: 5 Negative Characters Most Nigerian Employers Exhibit by Rapmoney(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2017
gbzed:
Self employed sure pass.

But not everybody can b self employed cos who will do the work?
Not everyone can be self-employed but everyone can start doing something about their future now.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Latest Jobs In an Oil and Gas EPCMM Company. / EFCC Recruitment For Oyo, Osun, Ekiti And Kwara States / Fleet Tracking Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.