Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,402 members, 7,864,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:43 AM

Is Christianity Still Relevant? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity Still Relevant? (1684 Views)

Is Christianity About To Collapse? Israel Approves LGBTQ Surrogacy / I'm Seriously Sick & I'm Fasting. If I Use Drug, Is The Fasting Still Relevant? / Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christianity Still Relevant? by obonujoker(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Christianity has outlived greater minds than yours, and will continue to be relevant till the coming of the Lord Jesus.....
Re: Is Christianity Still Relevant? by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
YOU MIGHT NOT BE BUT I AM PERFECT THROUGH CHRIST JESUS...THE SCRIPTURE SAYS I AM PERFECTED IN CHRIST JESUS...HIS PERFECTION HAS OVER SHADOWED MY IMPERFECTION..HENCE, MAKING ME PERFECT AND FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD...

GOD HAS GIFTED ME HIS PERFECTION AND LIFE. SO IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER, START AGREEING WITH GOD FOR TWO CANNOT WALK TOGETHER EXCEPT THEY AGREE.
Re: Is Christianity Still Relevant? by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I AM PERFECT THROUGH CHRIST JESUS MY VINE...HIS PERFECTION HAS SWALLOWED UP MY IMPERFECTION. HENCE, MAKING ME PERFECT AND FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD...UNTIL BELIEVERS START AGREEING WITH THE GOODNEWS OF WHO THEY ARE IN CHRIST THEY WILL NOT BE BETTER OFF THAN UNBELIEVERS...THEY WILL FALL LIKE ORDINARY MEN BECAUSE THEY ARE IGNORANT OF WHO THEY ARE...PEACE
Re: Is Christianity Still Relevant? by lindabon: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
YOU MIGHT NOT BE BUT I AM PERFECT THROUGH CHRIST JESUS...THE SCRIPTURE SAYS I AM PERFECTED IN CHRIST JESUS...HIS PERFECTION HAS OVER SHADOWED MY IMPERFECTION..HENCE, MAKING ME PERFECT AND FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD...

GOD HAS GIFTED ME HIS PERFECTION AND LIFE. SO IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER, START AGREEING WITH GOD FOR TWO CANNOT WALK TOGETHER EXCEPT THEY AGREE.

and if someone does not agree with you, you have the right to do as you please with them? You practically just threw away verses from the same bible that clearly states that no one is perfect, just to suit your own agenda. Or is the bible just nonsense to you? Please think of what your belief makes you think of others. Let God judge people, and do not do Gods job for him. When everyone gets to heaven, let them get the judgment they deserve.

obonujoker:
Christianity has outlived greater minds than yours, and will continue to be relevant till the coming of the Lord Jesus.....

if you strongly believe this, why has religion lost its relevance in the west? The west is responsible for Christianity's expansion around the world since the late medieval period. Ironically, it was the scientific and industrial advancements of the west that enabled the label of Christianity to spread, while nevertheless causing the substantive religion to shrink in significance. The countries that brought Christianity to us in Africa have been abandoning it and some have completely lost touch with it. Weekly church attendance rates are low across Europe: roughly 30% in Italy and 12% in France. Less than 50% of Irish people attend mass even once a month. Weekly Church of England attendance is predicted to fall by 90% by 2050. In the 1960s, 79% of the British believed in God; thirty years later, it was 68%. Meanwhile, from the 1950s to the 1990s, those saying they did not believe in God rose from around 2% to 27%. But if you want to debunk these facts just so you can sleep well at night, then by all means, do so.
Re: Is Christianity Still Relevant? by ottidex(m): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you my friend..

But the whiteman is devil(tired to write)

Well clearly you have looked around the world USA,germany etc.. To see

But I challenge u to look more to Africa..(not naija) we re silly..

What gay's Wat u think?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Your Pastors Don't Want You To Know - 98% Of Israel Don't Believe In Jesus / How Could This Be; 4 Days Counted In Creation Before Sun Was Created? / Did Sodom And Gomorroh Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.