Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study (18936 Views)

10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics / List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by blogbuilder: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
Edu is the clip form for education. Edu as it is normally refer to by many, is the compound name for any education related course. These courses are offered in most universities and colleges of education in Nigeria.
The graduate of any of these courses will be awarded B. Ed (university) or NCE (college) at the completion of the program.

The mindset of many Nigerian admission seekers and undergraduates is that education related courses are reserved for people with middle or low IQ. But this is wrong simply because education courses are design mainly to train teachers and researchers. The best teachers so far are the edu graduates

[center]Why you must study Education related course[/center]

Employment : According to statistics conducted by Nigeria bureau of statistics in 2009, education sector employs 29% of the total workforce in Nigeria. Therefore, education graduates have 90% chances of being employed in Nigeria.

Working experience : Unlike other sectors such as technical or oil and gas where 4-5years working experience is required, education graduate requires less working experience .

Less working hours: [/b]The working period for most of the lecturers and teachers is very minimal compare to other sectors.

[center][b]Best education courses
[/center]

Computer science and education : ICT related courses are the best when it comes to studying education. The reason for this is that you will be trained as a computer scientist and at the same time a teacher .This is an edge for you over others because you will become an hot cake after graduation, provided you equipped yourself with the required skills.
Your chances of being employed are very high.

Technical and vocational education :We all know that in Nigeria now ,it's not easy to make it focusing on only one source of income. If you study technical courses such as automobile, bricklaying and ceramics etc, you will be able to combine your job + the vocation you learn while in school.

Agricultural science and education :Since agriculture is still the most profitable venture one can embark on in Nigeria, studying agric science will equip you with the necessary skills you need to start up your own farming business while you are working. This will also make you a consultant in the field of agriculture.

Accounting :Studying education and accounting will give you two certification at the same time, that is, degree and education.
If you graduate with degree in accounting and education, you can apply for ICAN and become a chartered accountant while retaining the status quo. I know many of my lecturers that have these type of degrees and they are auditors in the other side. This gave them many source of income.

Entrepreneurship and education :This is one of the most valuable course in the developed countries such as USA. The reason for this is because many of the graduates with this degree start up their own business and become employers of labour after graduation .

[b]Fishery: [/b]This is being ridiculed by many due to their ignorance about the course. Fishery is one of the most profitable aspect of agriculture. This subject has lesser teachers in schools across Nigeria. Therefore, it increases your chances of being employed. Remember, fishery is now a compulsory subject in the SSCE. Therefore, it's a very good course to study. Another added advantage is that you can practice fish farming while working and also become a constant.

Note:Its better to research and apply for a course that is employable in Nigeria rather than applying for already filled up course.
Above all, equip yourself with the necessary skills so as to make you employable and self reliant

If there's any of these courses I forgot to mention, you can add yours .......
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by blogbuilder: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
cc:Lalasticlala Richiez Fynestboi olawalebabs
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by able88(m): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
I rep Industrial Technical Education.

Op you forgot to add that some countries pay teachers better than other sectors. so job opportunities exist both within and outside the country.
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by brightahia(m): 5:58am On Oct 22, 2017
blogbuilder:
Edu is the clip form for education. Edu as it is normally refer to by many, is the compound name for any education related course. These courses are offered in most universities and colleges of education in Nigeria.
The graduate of any of these courses will be awarded B. Ed (university) or NCE (college) at the completion of the program.

The mindset of many Nigerian admission seekers and undergraduates is that education related courses are reserved for people with middle or low IQ. But this is wrong simply because education courses are design mainly to train teachers and researchers. The best teachers so far are the edu graduates

[center]Why you must study Education related course[/center]

Employment : According to statistics conducted by Nigeria bureau of statistics in 2009, education sector employs 29% of the total workforce in Nigeria. Therefore, education graduates have 90% chances of being employed in Nigeria.

Working experience : Unlike other sectors such as technical or oil and gas where 4-5years working experience is required, education graduate requires less working experience .

Less working hours: [/b]The working period for most of the lecturers and teachers is very minimal compare to other sectors.

[center][b]Best education courses
[/center]

Computer science and education : ICT related courses are the best when it comes to studying education. The reason for this is that you will be trained as a computer scientist and at the same time a teacher .This is an edge for you over others because you will become an hot cake after graduation, provided you equipped yourself with the required skills.
Your chances of being employed are very high.

Technical and vocational education :We all know that in Nigeria now ,it's not easy to make it focusing on only one source of income. If you study technical courses such as automobile, bricklaying and ceramics etc, you will be able to combine your job + the vocation you learn while in school.

Agricultural science and education :Since agriculture is still the most profitable venture one can embark on in Nigeria, studying agric science will equip you with the necessary skills you need to start up your own farming business while you are working. This will also make you a consultant in the field of agriculture.

Accounting :Studying education and accounting will give you two certification at the same time, that is, degree and education.
If you graduate with degree in accounting and education, you can apply for ICAN and become a chartered accountant while retaining the status quo. I know many of my lecturers that have these type of degrees and they are auditors in the other side. This gave them many source of income.

Entrepreneurship and education :This is one of the most valuable course in the developed countries such as USA. The reason for this is because many of the graduates with this degree start up their own business and become employers of labour after graduation .

[b]Fishery: [/b]This is being ridiculed by many due to their ignorance about the course. Fishery is one of the most profitable aspect of agriculture. This subject has lesser teachers in schools across Nigeria. Therefore, it increases your chances of being employed. Remember, fishery is now a compulsory subject in the SSCE. Therefore, it's a very good course to study. Another added advantage is that you can practice fish farming while working and also become a constant.

Note:Its better to research and apply for a course that is employable in Nigeria rather than applying for already filled up course.
Above all, equip yourself with the necessary skills so as to make you employable and self reliant

If there's any of these courses I forgot to mention, you can add yours .......

@OP, the recent Educational course that is trending now is Guidance and Counselling

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 22, 2017
You said 10
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by ndat(m): 8:33am On Oct 22, 2017
health education
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by ivordee: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2017
Study a nine month course without UTME via IJMB. For more information visit www.ijmbe.org.ng or call 07037368149
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by dview001(m): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2017
I rep technology Education
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by Jacobmyles: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2018
Yeah, I totally endorse these courses, but I would love to buy coursework at essaybison.com as a part of my study. I believe that these courses will be a great jumpstart for young students.
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by projectreserve2: 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2018
Download Free Project Topics & Materials Online...Click on the link in my Signature Now!
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by Aalumattar: 9:17am On Jul 16, 2019
This is an edge for you over others because you will become an hot cake after graduation, provided you equipped yourself with the required skills.
SPLK-2001 dumps
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by Hawthorne: 6:18am On Nov 18, 2019
ICT-related courses are best when it comes to formal training. The reason for this is that you will be trained as a scientist and at the same time a teacher .It is an ear for you on others because you will become a hot cake after graduation, provided in the supply of skills. needed. We all know that in Nigeria right now, it is not easy to let you focus on the only source of revenue. If you read technical services such as car, brick and mortar and so on, you will be able to combine your work + skill you learned while in school. If you end up with a degree in accounting and education, you can apply for ICAN and become a qualified accountant while maintaining the status quo. I know a lot of my coaches who have these weights and they are scammers on the other side. He had tried edusson reviews yesterday. This gives them a great source of income.
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by mrjibo: 10:34am On Mar 05, 2020
When choosing courses to study in universities is often difficult, especially for those that did arts and social sciences subject in their O'Level,
Here are some of the education courses you can study at universities and college of educations
Adult And Non Formal Education
Adult And Non Formal Education(Double Major)
Adult Education
Agricultural Science(Double Major)
Biology/Integrated Science
Biology/Mathematics
Biology/Physics
Business Education
Business Education(Dm)
Business Education(Double Major)
Chemistry/Integrated Science
Chemistry/Mathematics, You can view the remaining @ https://2solution./2020/03/05/arts-and-education-courses-to-study-in-universities/
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by AveMadel(f): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2020
Great information, thank you!
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by GordonReid: 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2020
Hi, I am interested in chemistry courses, if you know a free online course I will be grateful for any information. I've always really liked chemistry, so I'd like to get a job in a lab and invent some medicine to save humanity. But I understand that this is not so easy and it will take years. So I need to find some courses to get remote work to implement my plans. Actually, I found a site http://getwsocourses.com/ where there are many different courses, but I find it difficult to choose the best one. That's why I want you to share your opinion on this topic.
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by paulolee(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2020
nice one...but this days, people apply for courses dt can gv easy admission bcoz at d end of the day the certificate is more important than the course u studied..
for my country a man with agric cert can work in a bank, abi no be niaja wey zoologist been lead us??
Re: Top 10 Best Education Courses You Can Study by ItayNinja: 2:59am On Sep 17, 2020
All depends on the efforts and determination of the student.
Gain university admission without Jamb by using Ijmb or Jupeb. Visit ijmbdivinehelp.com to enroll.

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN To Resume Academic Activities January 11 / Names Of Kidnapped GSS Kagara Students And Teachers Released By Niger State / Fire At AAU, Ekpoma Nursing Department

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.