Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites (718 Views)

How Do I Design My Blog Like Linda Ikeji's Blog With Frames >>new In Blogosphere / Weird World Of A Webmaster / How To Get A Brand New Website Indexed In Google Within 24hrs Of Creating It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by cindy200(f): 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2010
am actually new in d world of creating sites and dnt even know how gud enuf i am,wld just love some piece of advice on d best way to kip it nice and simple. also any other tips on creating sites wld be appreciated. smiley smiley smiley  cool
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 14, 2010
Hello, i think sites are designed by nature. Most site are meant to be simple, while others like social networking sites, most shopping sites, and many others can't escape complexity.

On the issue of how good you are, that can only be judged by seeing your work or knowing how many languages you can use and how well you can use them.

However the case, you are welcome around and feel free to bug dudes that have seen high and low like *dhtml, Dualcore, Afam, Omnipotens and the like of them.

They are all here for you.
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by cindy200(f): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2010
tanks 4 d advice
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2010
First before creating a site forget the whole html,css paparazzi and simply say what shud be the theme of a site cuz i code html and css like well but conveying a theme became my issue and without that the essence of web design is lost first think of the colour,the ambience and nature of the site,
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2010
hteeteepee://phpcamp.net/article/a-look-into-color-theory-in-web-design

this will help u much it helped me
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 18, 2010
i brought some tips that helped me here they are:

PCguru's Most Awesome Tips for web designer True Story

1.Join a Blog or Community like css tricks,nettuts,psdxhtml and others let's face it other web designers other than us on this planet kick-azz more than us.
2.Take advantage of Social Communities Twitter and Facebook and follow people who inspire you e.g zeldman,nettuts,abdulzeedo, FYI avoid following people who talk about themselves.
3.Always practice this is the most important no matter how good u read and fast nothing beats Practical work  
4.Join a Site which showcases ideas,concept and designs trust me there's nothing new under the Sun everybody copies everybody there's nothing wrong as long u modify and add ur creativity
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2010
pcguru. Na so ohhhh. Some peeps just enjoy saying how far they have gone.

And like that word yu used papparazi. Men no be paparazzi, shits dey inside css. Have you ever spent 10 mins trying to style something well. No be like so man. She gasta master those.

With time, she go see concepts of site. Like Bidza said, Green is a better color for nature sites tthat have to do with Animals, plants and all them shits.

While some other colors work perfectly on sites like orange.

Gbam!!!
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2010
na wa o
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2010
Wait No Misquote i didn't say CSS isn't Important Whole Infact CSS is the Whole Styling because i have Gone through with CSS errors and stuff but at the end of the day what matters most is first having a sense of color use,layout whitespace flow of the document,color scheme and others before finally doing some Css and stuff first understand Colour Theory am one of those who coded css and html without knowing design and stuff.

@Dhtml How Far
Re: I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2010
No bros. I no dey say wetin you talk dey wrong ohhhh.

You are damn right color scheme, layout flow. is very essential.

Ok just got this insight. "Website appreciation is necessary before learning web design" that means, every regular flow, and how sites should look like should be known before one thinks of even learning what make up a site.

Thanks.

@DHTML. I hereby ban you for not saying hello to a GURU and a DON.]

Gbam

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Want From A Web Hosting Company? / Javascript/ajax Or Flash / Make A Simple Cms In Five Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.