Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone (1819 Views)

I Want An Upgrade From My Fone (looking For A Swap Deal Plus Cash) / Help!!! My Fone Stops Charging Ones It Gets To 70% / Cant Play Music On My Fone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone by madgoat(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2017
I am sure i am not the only one experiencing this. Are there others like me? Theres this notification app that suddenly appeared on my fone. It pushes notifications to my status bar such as news and games to download. I never installed such app. Now the problem is i cant uninstall it. Each time i attempt to uninstall it, it will install by itself again. Even when i delete the apk file, it still appears again in my file manager.
Please i need a solution to this apart from rooting or flashing and i want to know if its a legit system app or a virus.

Re: Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone by falcon01: 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
u don enter one chance!!! thats a f*cking matlware that eas introduced by a trojan app
Re: Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone by madgoat(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
falcon01:
u don enter one chance!!! thats a f*cking matlware that eas introduced by a trojan app

Any idea which app introduced it?
Re: Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone by falcon01: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2017
madgoat:

Any idea which app introduced it?
what was the last app you installed before experiencing seeing the marlware..
Re: Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone by madgoat(m): 9:53am On Oct 23, 2017
falcon01:
what was the last app you installed before experiencing seeing the marlware..

Honestly I can't remember. It had been on my fone for almost a month and i ignored it until i wanted to uninstall the notification app and it couldn't uninstall.
Re: Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone by rekeson: 1:35pm On May 19, 2018
madgoat:
I am sure i am not the only one experiencing this. Are there others like me? Theres this notification app that suddenly appeared on my fone. It pushes notifications to my status bar such as news and games to download. I never installed such app. Now the problem is i cant uninstall it. Each time i attempt to uninstall it, it will install by itself again. Even when i delete the apk file, it still appears again in my file manager.
Please i need a solution to this apart from rooting or flashing and i want to know if its a legit system app or a virus.

Just use link2sd or lucky patcher to freeze it.

Both requires root access doh. But u can get other freezing apps on playstore that doesn't require root.

When u freeze it, it won't be able to run, and it won't also reinstall itself since u didn't uninstall.

I used same method to tame stubborn Trojans...

MODIFIED

A permanent solution is to go to accessibility settings, then revoke access to any suspicious app u see inside the accessibility menu.

After u disable it in ur accessibility settings u can now uninstall it permanently.

This method might also require root previlleges......

(1) (Reply)

Android 8.0 Oreo Coming To Infinix Note 4 / Lenovo Z5 Might Just Be The World's First "True" All Screen Smartphone / Hammer Vpn for pc cracked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.