Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Error Transfer Of Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Error Transfer Of Money (974 Views)

Slay Queen Busted After Sending Fake Transfer oF N65,000 To A Vendor / Uwaila Omozuwa Rape: IGP Orders Immediate Transfer Of Case To Abuja / Money Ritual: Voodoo Priest "Produces Wads Of Money From Thin Air" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error Transfer Of Money by azeez4islam(m): 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
On Wednesday 18th October. using GTapp I mistakenly Transferred a sum of 35,520naira (see attachment) to an ECO BANK customer saved on my beneficiary list.
attached
image: instead of 1, I transferred to 2.

Acct: ******0188
Amt: NGN35,520.00 DR
Desc: Instant Transfer Outward-TO ECO/OGUNBOTE KAZEEM AYOOLA
Avail Bal: NGN------

I went to bank immediately, GTB customer care emailed EcoBank to inform them of my complian. I also went to EcoBank to explain my predicament, if only the Customer care could freeze the said amount temporarily before, my explanation wasn't considered.
on getting to bank the next day Thursday, EcoBank replied email that the account has been emptied.

now, the man who gave me the money to send to his son for school upkeep is fighting my father that I've scammed them, they won't listen to all my explanations.

everybody saying it's a dead road, that I should forget it BUT this man won't leave my dad alone and the truth won't come out.

please, can EcoBank contact the said customer at least to discuss this my problem?
we should restore customers trust in Nigerian Banks.

Re: Error Transfer Of Money by folashade96(f): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
I love topics like these. I am looking forward to seeing more opinions on this
Re: Error Transfer Of Money by mandae(m): 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
It's actually a situation one shouldn't pray to find him/herself in. So sorry for your loss.

The issue here is that you made a "willful" interbank transfer howbeit erreanously. There is no easy way out of this, and the legal process takes time.

The easier path to your money will require you reporting to the police, getting a police extract and a court order demanding reversal/arrest of wrong beneficiary. This will be served on your bank, and will in turn be transmitted to the other bank.

The wrongly credited customer's account will be frozen, and an arrest at sight flagged on the account. That way, it will be treated as a "fraudulent" act.

Even when the measures above are implemented, it may still take like forever to get the money back (if at all).

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Error Transfer Of Money by azeez4islam(m): 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
mandae:
It's actually a situation one shouldn't pray to find him/herself in. So sorry for your loss.

The issue here is that you made a "willful" interbank transfer howbeit erreanously. There is no easy way out of this, and the legal process takes time.

The easier path to your money will require you reporting to the police, getting a police extract and a court order demanding reversal/arrest of wrong beneficiary. This will be served on your bank, and will in turn be transmitted to the other bank.

The wrongly credited customer's account will be frozen, and an arrest at sight flagged on the account. That way, it will be treated as a "fraudulent" act.

Even when the measures above are implemented, it may still take like forever to get the money back (if at all).

Thank you.

but the bank can view the customer's account and get his contact. then go ahead to call him
Re: Error Transfer Of Money by mandae(m): 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Yes they can, but there is no legal basics to do that. You just have to understand how these things work. Before you transfer money to a beneficiary, it is assumed that there has been an exchange of goods or services between the parties. So the bank can't just reverse the money back.

For this your type of case, you have to embrace the legal process to stand a better chance of getting the money back.
Re: Error Transfer Of Money by Olesekeniwoye(m): 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
How can you have a beneficiary account details and don't know the account holder in-person

1 Like

Re: Error Transfer Of Money by Devisiyi(m): 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
The best shot you have is to uphold the judiciary path and trust me you're gonna still spend if not upto the whole amount transferred or half of it in pursuing justice.. Except Mr President fight the case for you himself.. I'm not discouraging you, but it's just the bitter truth...
The bank can't just check customers account to call him, it has to follow due process.

1 Like

Re: Error Transfer Of Money by WALEXYY(m): 3:10am On Oct 23, 2017
azeez4islam:
On Wednesday 18th October. using GTapp I mistakenly Transferred a sum of 35,520naira (see attachment) to an ECO BANK customer saved on my beneficiary list.
attached
image: instead of 1, I transferred to 2.

Acct: ******0188
Amt: NGN35,520.00 DR
Desc: Instant Transfer Outward-TO ECO/OGUNBOTE KAZEEM AYOOLA
Avail Bal: NGN------

I went to bank immediately, GTB customer care emailed EcoBank to inform them of my complian. I also went to EcoBank to explain my predicament, if only the Customer care could freeze the said amount temporarily before, my explanation wasn't considered.
on getting to bank the next day Thursday, EcoBank replied email that the account has been emptied.

now, the man who gave me the money to send to his son for school upkeep is fighting my father that I've scammed them, they won't listen to all my explanations.

everybody saying it's a dead road, that I should forget it BUT this man won't leave my dad alone and the truth won't come out.

please, can EcoBank contact the said customer at least to discuss this my problem?
we should restore customers trust in Nigerian Banks.

My candid advice!

I think you should have his contact since you have his account number saved on your Mobile App, keep pushing you never can tell he might change his mind.

As for Ecobank, I don't think dey have anything to do on this. Better still go back to GTB, since you made the transfer from their account they can still follow up, but it's not guaranteed you'll get it soon.

1 Like

Re: Error Transfer Of Money by aolawale025: 5:17am On Oct 23, 2017
All the bank can do is to appeal to the customer to refund the money.
Re: Error Transfer Of Money by Silvermoney: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2017
mandae:

Thank you.

I'm not sure even this can work. The police or even the court can't just issue a freeze order merely on face value, just because you claimed that you transferred money to a person's account in error. There's no concrete evidence of fraud that the police or the court can act upon.

There is a valid assumption that you wilfully transferred the money to the other party either as a freely given gift or as payment for a service rendered. The other party can also claim, with fake evidence, that the money was paid for x or y reason as agreed in principle (not in writing) between the two of you. There's no way to prove a gentlemen agreement. It's his word against yours.

Quite frankly, when such a mistake has been made, there is no realistic legal remedy. Unless you can provide a valid evidence that you were defrauded by the other party (that he promised xyz good or service for which the payment was made, but which was not delivered as agreed). You need clear, documentary evidence for this.

Otherwise, it would just be a merry go round and an exercise in futility if you involve the police, because such a case would not stand a chance in court. The police would just be extorting money from both parties until you get frustrated and dump the case.

1 Like

Re: Error Transfer Of Money by Silvermoney: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2017
aolawale025:
All the bank can do is to appeal to the customer to refund the money.

It's as simple as that nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Error Transfer Of Money by azeez4islam(m): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
Olesekeniwoye:
How can you have a beneficiary account details and don't know the account holder in-person

yes it happens, very well. GTapp unlike AccessMobile must save a beneficiary before you can send to it. Access would ask if you want to save?

(1) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Rob And Destroy Two Banks In In University, Lapai. Niger State / Two Nigerian Students Sentenced To Death For Drugs Trafficking In Malaysia / Checkout These Photos Of Newborn Baby Abandoned In The Bush:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.