Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu (22216 Views)

Naira Depreciation: USD Supply Drops By 42% At FOREX Market Despite Binance Exit / Thailand’s Rice Export To Nigeria Drops By 91% / Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Ballmer: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
Price of garri, a staple in the country, has dropped by more than 60 percent in Enugu within four months.

A correspondent, who conducted a market survey on the staple on Monday, observed that the price has gone down from as high as N1, 250 to between N450 and N500 per paint bucket.

The paint bucket of four-litre is usually the standard measure for cereals in South East.

Many buyers, who came to purchase the staple in markets in Enugu, said they were happy as they could get white garri for N450 and yellow garri for N500.

A buyer said that they prayed the price could crash further, while another said it should continue at its current price.

The traders attributed the price crash to the current bumper harvest of cassava after many Nigerians had yielded the call to return to the farm.

A garri seller at Garki Market, Mrs Obioma Ukoh, said that many people went into cassava farming since last year and for that its price had drastically dropped.

“I pray that people will continue to plant cassava, this way there will be no reason to buy it as high as N1, 250 again,’’ she said.

Mr James Ugwu, a teacher in one of the secondary schools in Enugu, also said that the low price was as a result of the bumper harvest of cassava this year.

Ugwu, who spoke at Kenyatta Market, said that the price would not get higher anymore as everyone had learnt a lesson and many had gone back to farming.

A corps member, Miss Ifeoma Ogbologu, who came for shopping at Akwata Market, said she was happy buying garri at the rate of N450, explaining that it was not easy when the price was N1, 250.

http://punchng.com/price-of-garri-drops-by-60-in-enugu/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Desyner: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
Punch is using seasonal price changes to write article. I hope some peopld don't hijack it for propaganda.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by DozieInc(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
How good is Enugu garri? supply business would make sense.
Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided

But when you bring the garri in Lagos, Omo nile, LASG taxes, Market women association dues, transport, traffic etc would make the price exorbitant ...

1 Like

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Orobo2Lekpa: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
how does that affect the price of garri in the market?

5 Likes

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Desyner: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
Orobo2Lekpa:
how does that affect the price of garri in the market?
Funny. We always ask how govt moves affect cost of garri for the common man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by python1: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
They will now say is their hard work but when a married man steals keke napep, na Jubrin's fault.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Desyner: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
DozieInc:
How good is Enugu garri? supply business would make sense.
Insight

1 Like

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by AngelicBeing: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
When will prices of ogbono, egusi, yam, goat, cow, burukutu, ogogoro, Palm wine, rice, kulikuli, fish etc drop?

2 Likes

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Atiku2019: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nice One grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by ikombe: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
Better days ahead grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by kingJoya(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
Good
Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by ghosteen(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
Made in nsukka galli(in anambra man's tongue)..... grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by aleeyus(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
python1:
They will now say is their hard work but when a married man steals keke napep, na Jubrin's fault.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by TEYA: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lol for my village wetin we wan do with garri? We only process it and send it to the south east. Garri is chaff! Anyway, while other Nigerians were crying about change, my people made millions from garri, thank God! Anything that has a disadvantage also has an advantage.
Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by parzdor(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
ds
Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by itsandi(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nice! Make e reach here sha...
Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by free2ryhme: 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ballmer:
Price of garri, a staple in the country, has dropped by more than 60 percent in Enugu within four months.

A correspondent, who conducted a market survey on the staple on Monday, observed that the price has gone down from as high as N1, 250 to between N450 and N500 per paint bucket.

The paint bucket of four-litre is usually the standard measure for cereals in South East.

Many buyers, who came to purchase the staple in markets in Enugu, said they were happy as they could get white garri for N450 and yellow garri for N500.

A buyer said that they prayed the price could crash further, while another said it should continue at its current price.

The traders attributed the price crash to the current bumper harvest of cassava after many Nigerians had yielded the call to return to the farm.

A garri seller at Garki Market, Mrs Obioma Ukoh, said that many people went into cassava farming since last year and for that its price had drastically dropped.

“I pray that people will continue to plant cassava, this way there will be no reason to buy it as high as N1, 250 again,’’ she said.

Mr James Ugwu, a teacher in one of the secondary schools in Enugu, also said that the low price was as a result of the bumper harvest of cassava this year.

Ugwu, who spoke at Kenyatta Market, said that the price would not get higher anymore as everyone had learnt a lesson and many had gone back to farming.

A corps member, Miss Ifeoma Ogbologu, who came for shopping at Akwata Market, said she was happy buying garri at the rate of N450, explaining that it was not easy when the price was N1, 250.

http://punchng.com/price-of-garri-drops-by-60-in-enugu/

so make we come fry garri

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2017
grin Badluck For some people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2017
More of these

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by HermesParis: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
Its everywhere, the price as drastically reduced.Bad market to those that invested huge in cassava farming. One of my friend refused to sell even wen d price was high, he said he is waiting till d price rises further, tgat he want to buy latest Toyota corolla frm d sale... sowrie bro sad

3 Likes

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by arewafederation: 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2017
Atiku2019:
Nice One grin

Sai Baba....cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Pavore9: 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nice one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Qsscruz(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
Cheap news like this runs my stomach.. Which Enugu are they talking about ?.. I hope it is not this same coal city am in..
Abi 042 don get a multi-million dollar company commisioned by Buhari which produces garri.. Yeye dey smell..
Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Atlantia(f): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
Good for them. It's still N800/N600 over here.
Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by senatordave1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
Wow,another good news for the buhari regime.i know haters would not like such news.up apc,up buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Nebuzaradan: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
arewafederation:

Sai Baba....cool
kai kai kai
abokii bakayana kachi kwo ya ba na abunchi tuwo shinkafa ba fura d'nunu masha Allah amin

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by MissingBudget: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
Same thing here in Owerri. But Ohaji garri, the king of them all, cost N700. And that's the one I prefer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by davodyguy: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2017
Desyner:
Punch is using seasonal price changes to write article. I hope some peopld don't hijack it for propaganda.

Whether seasonal or action film, we should celebrate the reduction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by gebest: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
i was even surprise today at the market here in Akure when i prize a congo of garri that was as high as 450 last year, now170 naira.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by fasterwell(m): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
In PH
Red garri is N700/paint bucket
White garri is N600/paint bucket
Re: Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu by Malayy(m): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
wetin concern me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Nigerian Firms Begin Local Production Of Milk / Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Recession: See How Smart People Are Bypassing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.