Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

How To Password Your Flash Drive. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Password Your Flash Drive. (1037 Views)

How To Password Protect A File / How To Password Your External Hard Drive Without Any Third Party Software / Is It Appropriate To Password An Official System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Password Your Flash Drive. by IamOlusa(m): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
Evening NL
My flash drive has been corrupted many times in the hand of my cousin and i end up loosing my files which are very important to me due to the fact that it turns everything into .exe and junk. I'm in need of someone that teach or explain how to put password in my flash drive.
Drop the step by step on how to do it if you know it.
Thanks.
Re: How To Password Your Flash Drive. by godfatherx: 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
If you are using windows 7 then it's very simple.
Insert your pen drive, right-click on it, go to "turn on bitlocker" and follow the easy steps. Ensure to encrypt the drive. And don't save the password where it can easily be found on your computer.

1 Like

Re: How To Password Your Flash Drive. by IamOlusa(m): 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
godfatherx:
If you are using windows 7 then it's very simple.
Insert your pen drive, right-click on it, go to "turn on bitlocker" and follow the easy steps. Ensure to encrypt the drive. And don't save the password where it can easily be found on your computer.
How do i encrypt the drive?
Re: How To Password Your Flash Drive. by godfatherx: 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
IamOlusa:

How do i encrypt the drive?

It's a continuous process, after putting in your password and confiming it, a prompt pops up requesting that encryption
Re: How To Password Your Flash Drive. by IamOlusa(m): 12:23am On Oct 24, 2017
Thanks
Re: How To Password Your Flash Drive. by IamOlusa(m): 7:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
I can't find bitlocker there and i'm using window7

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!!!hp Elite Book 6930p Not Charging / Dell Inspiron 5520 Core I7 1 Terabytes 8gb Ram / Hp For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.