Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

I’ve Ordered Goodluck Jonathan To Appear In Court Wednesday - Judge - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I’ve Ordered Goodluck Jonathan To Appear In Court Wednesday - Judge (388 Views)

Goodluck Esegi Beaten To Death By Police In Bayelsa (Graphic Photo) / Man Who Raped Stepdaughter In Lagos Transferred to SCID, To Appear In Court / Lady Scams Man Of N4M With Promise Of Getting Him Job With Goodluck Jonathan.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Ordered Goodluck Jonathan To Appear In Court Wednesday - Judge by yawadeyonline(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
- Goodluck Jonathan, the former president, has been ordered to appear in court to testify in defence of Olisa Metuh, former national publicity secretary of PDP - Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja said it is mandatory for Jonathan to appear in court on Wednesday, October 25 - Abang signed the subpoena to be served on Jonathan after retiring back to chambers at the end of proceedings Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday, October 24, confirmed that he had signed a subpoena compelling Goodluck Jonathan, the former president, to appear in court on Wednesday, October 25, to testify in defence of Olisa Metuh, former national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Punch reports that Abang signed the subpoena to be served on Jonathan after retiring back to chambers at the end of Monday’s proceedings.

The judge said: ''Indeed, at the close of business yesterday being October 23, 2017 precisely at about 3.59pm, the registrar forwarded to the court in chamber a subpoena to compel former President Goodluck Jonathan to appear in court to testify a the instance of the first defendant (Metuh). ''Therefore in line with section 241(1) of Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 and having regard to the subsisting judgment of the Court of Appeal in the appeal CA/A/159C/2017, between Olisa Metuh and Federal Republic of Nigeria dated September 29, 2017 to the effect that it will be tantamount to violating the right of the first defendant to fair hearing not to sign the subpoena. “I have no option other than to sign a subpoena to compel former President Goodluck Jonathan to appear in court to give evidence at the instance of the first defendant.”

Most of Metuh’s defence witnesses, including Ben Nwosu, who ended his testimony earlier on Monday, had insisted that the sum of N400m paid to the ex-spokesperson for the PDP from the Office of the NSA in November 2014, the money being part of the case against Metuh, was directly authorised by Jonathan. Metuh, had therefore through his lead counsel, Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), told Justice Abang on Monday that he would seek to subpoena the ex-President as a defence witness. Ikpeazu said the defence had written formally to Jonathan notifying him of intention to have him testify in court but that the former President did not reply.

Read More:
https://yawadeyonline..com/2017/10/ive-ordered-goodluck-jonathan-to-appear.html

Re: I’ve Ordered Goodluck Jonathan To Appear In Court Wednesday - Judge by harryfeese: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
I don't think he will turn up. Oputa panel is still expecting IBB till date lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Ordered Goodluck Jonathan To Appear In Court Wednesday - Judge by yawadeyonline(m): 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
what makes you think he would't turn up......
Re: I’ve Ordered Goodluck Jonathan To Appear In Court Wednesday - Judge by joe4real12: 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
grin grin grin
Another drama for us to discuss about.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Ordered Goodluck Jonathan To Appear In Court Wednesday - Judge by psucc(m): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
Abang has just been contracted to use that order to distract attention on Maina's reinstatement.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos N.A Member Orders Police To Beat Up A Lawyer For Not Giving His Convoy Way / BREAKING: Chaos As Okada Riders In Lagos Protest Seizure Of Motorcycles By Task / How To Recognize Online Fraudsters Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.